Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
The original Residnet Evil 4 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will RE4 Play a big role in the Resident Evil Future?
  yes
  no
  maybe a little of both
View Results

Wesker89

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:46 am
Who would rather of played the original RE4 before it was scraped and redone?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:03 am
I really liked the other versions alot better than the now idea. I'm actually not much of a RE4 fan but I think I would've liked it better than the one out. Which version I don't know because the "Hook Man" version looked scary as hell especially with those doll things running all over the place randomly.  

DeFehrenheit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:35 pm
Well, the original Resident Evil invilved the Progenitor Virus instead of Las Plagas, so the storyline would have been more interesting. Honestly, the whole Las Plagas thing was so lame, I was really disappointed with the enemies, and the concept of it. I mean, a parasite is one thing, but until RE4 came along, RE games never messed around with the common physics. Now you got a guy, saddler, transforming into a monster five times his size in a matter of seconds... No stable organism could do that. I mean, G-Virus is one thing, it mutates, turning into this big, ugly, chaotic mass of flesh and custard. But with Las Plagas there's symmetry. And summetry makes it seem unrealistic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:22 pm
i would have to agree with biohazard also. the las plagas was pretty stupid... i think that the storyline should've been somewhere in america though because if the villagers or any of the other people in the game spoke. it would've been in english.

but in gameplay i would rather play the improved one mainly because when i played the old RE4 the controls were kind of clunky.  

Resident_Kyo

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:42 pm
It seems that the remake version is a new branch-line to the series. I'm still lost on the concept when they made it. 6 years into the future, with very little on Umbrella and the other main characters. 3.5 fit more of the puzzle since it was around progenitor.

The controls in RE4 didn't bother me that much (even though I love the original controls), but something new was bound to arrive to the series. I thought they went way too far in general. Now hopefully they won't jump years into th future on the next game like they did to RE4.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:14 pm
Yeah, but one had nothing to do with the other. Who's to say that if they completed RE 3.5, that they wouldn't have had the RE4 control scheme. But still, we'd get a much cooler storyline and Leon probably wouldn't be such a nancy boy.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Wesker89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:12 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, the original Resident Evil invilved the Progenitor Virus instead of Las Plagas, so the storyline would have been more interesting. Honestly, the whole Las Plagas thing was so lame, I was really disappointed with the enemies, and the concept of it. I mean, a parasite is one thing, but until RE4 came along, RE games never messed around with the common physics. Now you got a guy, saddler, transforming into a monster five times his size in a matter of seconds... No stable organism could do that. I mean, G-Virus is one thing, it mutates, turning into this big, ugly, chaotic mass of flesh and custard. But with Las Plagas there's symmetry. And summetry makes it seem unrealistic.

I didn't know there was actually a virus in it but do you know what that balck stuff was in the one trailer of the original? I'll trya and get a link if ya wanna see it for yourself  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:15 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but one had nothing to do with the other. Who's to say that if they completed RE 3.5, that they wouldn't have had the RE4 control scheme. But still, we'd get a much cooler storyline and Leon probably wouldn't be such a nancy boy.

Well when i saw the trailer for 3.5 I almost thought it to be another silent hill till i saw Leon  

Wesker89

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:34 am
I found the backgrounds to be a bit odd though... But they still looked gorgeous.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:38 am
But it was daytime and horror games need to be saturated in darkness  

A5116278

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:31 pm
Exodia The Forbidden One
But it was daytime and horror games need to be saturated in darkness
Hah... hahah.... Considering that both Resident Evil 5 and Silent Hill 5 say they're gonna concentrate on the horror factor in the daylight.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:40 pm
I definately woulda loved to get to playthrough the hookman version, the "smoke" one, not so much.
Was that not the black stuff you talked about, it looked like on a couple scenes Leon was either running from nothing ( A dark windy corridor with open windows and billowing curtains ) or shooting at the black smoke before being overcome ? ( Looked like up a stone staircase somewhere )  

[~.Kami.Kaze.~]

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:10 pm
What's the hookman version?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:15 pm
I think it's the version with the doll enemies.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:30 pm
Ohh, you mean the version that eventually turned into Devil May Cry.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff