Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Writing Contests/Games
Submit your ideas for a contest!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:54 pm
No really. Give me some ideas for some sort of writing contest I could start. I'd like to know what you guildies would enjoy partaking in.

I also did this since I realized I've been building up a lot of gold and I have no quests right now... so why not offer a whopping two donation letters? And maybe 20k gold or so. Depends on how generous my wallet is feeling this month.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:08 pm
How about only 100 words or less to write a short story (not a poem but a short story). That's much more difficult than writing a story that is say, 100k words long. To give a clear idea in so short a space is extremely complicated.

Or a themed contest... like pirates versus ninjas. pirate VS ninja  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:47 pm
I like Satanas' short story idea.
I could pull something like that off.

and jeeze!
You have crazy amounts of money..
I have like.. 15/16k to my name.
crying Im poor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:22 pm
The literary magazine at my school did a famous-poem parody contest, and we got some pretty funny results. That might be fun here; I'd love a shot at it, 'cause I was too busy for the first.  

Voxxx

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:21 pm
yes i'de like to talk to you about that. you see, i dont like gian gold, nor do i feel it to serve as an adequate reward for the efforts of a writer.

If it would be alright with you i would like to set up some sort of recognition system where the person simply gets a plaque and his or her name displayed somewhere for all to see. well...something like that

Oh and I would love for there to be a short story contest revolving around four thought provoking themes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:14 pm
I like Satanas's Ideas... both of them... I suppose I should suggest a theme pertaining to the second part as opposed to just agreeing with him... Jokes disguised as deep philosophical statements.  

lidless_i

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:20 am
You give a set character (a.k.a name/age/description/1 or 2 personality traits), set place (within a wide range, a.k.a. "mall" or "rural"), and a few set lines (lines that must appear as is in the story/poem/whatever) with a few points about each that can be left up to the writer.

With as many thing as are alike, you get some very different (not to mention odd) results.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:29 pm
Mmmm...Nomine's ideas are something I'd enjoy doing, definitely. How about doing a specific challenge, like certain rules to writing. For example, write a 100 word story without using the letter "e". Or "t". Something to that effect. Quite entertaining, and frustrating beyond belief at the same time.

Or we could do a series of extrapolation prompts. I've done those before. You know, write down a series of "What if?" questions (That's what extrapolation is xd ) and we have to choose the best. Also extremely entertaining.

And geez, Hawk. I've only got about 3000, and that's cuz it's in eternal limbo with my mule so I don't spontaneously spend it. I've only ever gotten two donations and I gave one away as a Christmas present. (One of my friends said she was going to give me a couple for Christmas, but she's a b***h, so naturally she never went through with it. stare )

/ideas.  

.nouvel.espoir.

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:05 pm
Blackhawk!

Mods are not exempt from the rules, especially the rules I make pertaining specifically to the mods!

-scoldscold-

I demand thee, unstickify this or I will be forced to do it for you.

And read the rules in the intro post! COUGH COUGH POST 2 COUGH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:13 pm
But, but--

... THE COOKIES MADE ME DO IT!

Unstickified. Sorry 'bout that. I'll contact you later with the new contest info as soon as I'm ready to start the actual thing.  

BlackHawkGS

NovaKing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:37 pm
ooo could we do a thing were you post a statement or quote and we all wright around it?

the rules would be unrestricted and only pertain to your inspiration.

persons who complete five-ten of them ( they would be done either monthly or weekly or every other weekly) receive a prize of some sort.

Additionally,a reward should be handed out for quality to keep us on our toes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:59 pm
1000 words or less on the possibilities of life after death.  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

NovaKing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:29 pm
[ In Nomine Satanas ]
1000 words or less on the possibilities of life after death.

you might want to stick a 500 before the 1000  
Writing Contests/Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff