Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
A new layout...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

catzrulz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:20 am
I'm new here and I have a new layout... on the way. I haven't coded it yet but I *think* I've finished the main image.

I was trying to do something with images that were my own but is it a bit too cliche? Too cluttered? Any suggestions on making it look better in anyway at all? n_n

http://www12.brinkster.com/catzrulz/nov-layout.jpg

Brinkster being evil, doesn't allow you to link. But I think'll it work if you copy and paste it into your address bar. I hope anyway. sweatdrop
Oh and my site if you want to view my other layouts, (Try not to look at my first ones *shudder*) is www.starry-nights.tk  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:02 pm
Dammit, I wrote a whole big comment before, and it didn't work xp

Anyway, basically what I said was that I reeeeeaally love that picture blend thing for the new layout! Its nice and colourful, and ORIGINAL, which is nice to see in personal site layouts since you see a lot that just seem to be the same...

Only problem is that it seems too long vertically, a viewer has to scroll down before any useful information is visible. And it seems quite squashed to the left (although thats probably just made worse by my high resolution). But yeah, really a matter of preference 3nodding

Thanks for sharing your work!  

Chisa
Vice Captain

vipersting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:37 am
Very nice work!

I wanted to know what program you use to make the layouts
cause I was really impressed! (I wish I could see the linked layout)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Thank you! whee I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0. I try to make it squash to the left because I want it to work in 800 by 600 but I get what you mean. It probably looks worse it in a higer resolution though.  

catzrulz

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:00 pm
catzrulz
Thank you! whee I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0. I try to make it squash to the left because I want it to work in 800 by 600 but I get what you mean. It probably looks worse it in a higer resolution though.
Yeah, thats a good idea... in fact, now that I look at it again, it would look fine in resolutions lower than 1024x768, which most people seem to have, so you're okay there 3nodding I'm just one of the few people on this res.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games