Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
~*The Official Sports Thread*~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pick your sport!
  Football.
  Baseball.
  Basketball.
  Hockey.
  Soccer.
  Tennis.
  Volleyball.
  Boxing.
  Mixed Martial Arts (Pride/UFC).
  Me no like sports. :(
View Results

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:28 pm
~ The Sports Thread ~
User Image

This thread is a place to discuss sports: football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. You can talk about anything, so long as it's related to sports. But I like to use it as a bragging place to support my team. mrgreen

Before The Bears Lost The 06 Super Bowl I
I'm sure this thread will soon find its way to the last page, since I don't think there are many sports talkers here, but I'm so goddamn exstatic (spelling?) about the bears going to the SUPER BOWL that I can't keep myself from making a thread about it.

I have been saying the Bears were going all the way since November, and now I'm a freekin' profit! So...

GO BEARS!

Edit: 8/28/7

Since The New Season Starts Soon I
Alright my little Atheists, the new season begins on September 9th, so get your Bears gear and get ready for the new Super Bowl champs! The extremely awsome thing about this season is that my friend is getting a 52in plasma TV, which means: ******** tickets! We got a big screen plasma!! blaugh Remember: Only real Atheists root for the Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:10 pm
Yeah, yeah.
I knew all year that the cowboys wouldn't go the superbowl. Guess I'm a prophet too xD

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:12 pm
c a u s t i c
Yeah, yeah.
I knew all year that the cowboys wouldn't go the superbowl. Guess I'm a prophet too xD

xd Oh no, not the Cowboys. That's one of the teams I really don't like, next to the Eagles, Green Bay, and the Colts.

By the way, Bears Colts Super Bowl = me getting in a lot of fights. My college is pretty close to Inianapolis, so I'm surounded by Colts fans. The Bears are gunna win!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:16 am
Yeah... well, i only know about teams like the Eagles, the Patriots and the Raiders... oh, and the Dolphins... and those of few universities. I'm not as involved in any sport, so i know very little of who and where are the Bears from... i could aso google them... but i have no desire to understand a game that is all based on stats... cuz i hate stats.

Soccer is simple however, you just have to know who won at what match and still have enough to go on a conversation. Football however, requires knowledge of rushing yards, interceptions, fumbles, sacks, fumble recoveries, receiving touchdowns, rushing touchdowns, kick off returns, punts, receiving yards, etc etc. otherwise, you look like an idiot.

However my favorite sport is Volleyball. Mainly because i dont' suck SO much at it and because HOT DAMN! Girls in volleyball "uniforms" are just the most awesomest, beautifulest, HOTT sights humanity will ever gaze upon.  

AnonymouZ

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:55 am
Dathu
c a u s t i c
Yeah, yeah.

xd Oh no, not the Cowboys. That's one of the teams I really don't like, next to the Eagles, Green Bay, and the Colts.

By the way, Bears Colts Super Bowl = me getting in a lot of fights. My college is pretty close to Inianapolis, so I'm surounded by Colts fans. The Bears are gunna win!
||_______________________

• Yes, the cowboys. o.x
        Don't care too much about the colts or the bears. I can agree on the eagles though.
        My dad's a giants fan and my brother likes the falcons, but unfortunately the nearest team would of course be the redskins.

I used to play soccer. That was the only sport I was ever interested in actually playing.
_______________________||

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:01 pm
I lyk Broncos. Yey! *retard*  

PickleBoy

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:22 pm
I live in a little town called Portage, IN.
You think, "Oh.. Indiana! They must like the Colts!"
Hehehe..
Not in my town.
We are like..
Half an hour from Chicago..
So, guess who we love?
The bears.
lol.
And me..
Well..
Wanna know how I watch football?
First team to get a touchdown.. They are the team I cheer for.
Sports aren't really my thing.
:/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:01 pm
I'm from Indiana, I love the colts lol, but you didn't have my sport on the poll, that hurt cry I play lacrosse. 'm really glad the colts finally made it past the second round, and better yet finally to the super bowl, something they haven't sone since they were the Baltimore Colts.

-Go Colts-  

The Candy Store Massacre

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:17 pm
I DDR. Does that count as a sport?

I'm not much into sports...in fact I find them boring. I guess it's just me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:27 pm
Sanguvixen
I DDR. Does that count as a sport?

I'm not much into sports...in fact I find them boring. I guess it's just me.

Don't feel bad, it's just you. Somepeople relly like, some people don't, some people are inbetween.

I apologize for the awful typing today, i'm really tired.  

The Candy Store Massacre

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:24 pm
@Anonymouz:

That's why I play Volleyball in the summer: girls jumping up and down in bikini's! Damn right!

@Caustic:

I used to play soccer in grade school, but I got kicked in the balls REALLY hard and I quit. I value my junk too much to consistantly put it in harms way. sweatdrop

@PickleGirl:

I like the Broncos too. whee

@Yami:

You actually live right by me. I was born in Blue Island Il, hense GO BEARS, but raised Scherer/Merri-ville. Ever go to FireSide in Chi?

@Martyr:

I was gonna put Lacrosse on there, but I only had ten options. My bad. Yeah, I know Indiana is for Colts (except the north-west), but it seems Baltimore is still sore about them leaving. I heard they got threats when they played the Ravens. eek

@Sangu:

It depends on what level. The hardest one is a freekin' workout.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:58 pm
Dathu's stuff is in orange , mines in balck
Dathu
@Anonymouz:

That's why I play Volleyball in the summer: girls jumping up and down in bikini's! Damn right! Good motive

@Caustic:

I used to play soccer in grade school, but I got kicked in the balls REALLY hard and I quit. I value my junk too much to consistantly put it in harms way. sweatdrop Amen

@PickleGirl:

I like the Broncos too. whee MEh

@Yami:

You actually live right by me. I was born in Blue Island Il, hense GO BEARS, but raised Scherer/Merri-ville. Ever go to FireSide in Chi?

@Martyr:

I was gonna put Lacrosse on there, but I only had ten options. My bad. Yeah, I know Indiana is for Colts (except the north-west), but it seems Baltimore is still sore about them leaving. I heard they got threats when they played the Ravens. eek Yes, they did.

@Sangu:

It depends on what level. The hardest one is a freekin' workout.
Heavy is pretty crazy, gotten better at it though when i'm bored.  

The Candy Store Massacre

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:08 pm
Dathu

@PickleGirl:

Its PickleBOY PickleBOY Dathu! RAWR! And... I'm not a big sports fan. I just figured I should be "true" to my roots. Whatwhat? CO! Ye~ah!

.... Okay, I'm done.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:21 pm
I'm in Georgia and we're so upset that the Bulldogs are always getting beat. But have little Super Bowls I started and Everyone's betting on the Bears. I bet 5 bucks on the Colts, because if they win, payout's going to be huge. But I really don't pay attention to football. I'm a tennis fanatic.  

russiangal367

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:28 pm
Dathu

@Yami:

Hehe.. Nope. Considering how close I live, I never go to Chicago. My parents never want to waste the gas, and I am still without a license.. I'm so young! Dx
I love going there, though.

o.o;;
I LOVE THE MALL IN MERRIVILLE!!
It's gotten better.
They have a Borders now..
And oh..
The manga..
They have lots 'o manga..

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff