Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
What to get next?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

H o s h ! k o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:01 pm
Hello everyone, I'm new and this is my first post here.

I've never gotten any thing "serious" done, just normal ear stuff and my naval. I want more. But I'm scared and have questions.

Nostril - Pretty think hunk of skin. More painful than ear or naval? I have allergies lots, will blowing my nose be a problem? Mysteries bumps I hear about, how likely will I get them? How important is it to have a hoop during the healing process? I'd rather have a stud. Does the jewelry tickle or feel like a booger? How do you soak your nose without drowning? Does it matter which side I get? Is it like ears and has that silly thing about one side means you like girls or guys?

Tongue - How painful compared to ears/naval? I'm a pretty tiny girl, are there tongue rings that are short? I don't want my mouth propped open. Lol. Eating a problem? Can food get stuck on the ring and infect it? How do you help heal it exactly? Stick your tongue in a cup? Your tongue is a muscle and moves around a lot in different ways, the ring doesn't just sit still like it does in a ear, I'm just wondering about that in general I guess, can't ask if it effects talking because obviously it doesn't (besides slurring when u first get it). I just can't imagine wiggling my tongue with a hard bar in it... hope someone knows what I mean.

Thanks in advance. smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:02 am
I don't have my tongue or nostril done, so I can't really answer any of your questions. Sorry. sweatdrop There are lots of people here who can answer those questions for you though.

But welcome to the guild!  

vafalla

Original Vampire

H o s h ! k o

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:50 am
3nodding Thanks.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:13 pm
H o s h ! k o
Hello everyone, I'm new and this is my first post here.

I've never gotten any thing "serious" done, just normal ear stuff and my naval. I want more. But I'm scared and have questions.

Nostril - Pretty think hunk of skin. More painful than ear or naval? I have allergies lots, will blowing my nose be a problem? Mysteries bumps I hear about, how likely will I get them? How important is it to have a hoop during the healing process? I'd rather have a stud. Does the jewelry tickle or feel like a booger? How do you soak your nose without drowning? Does it matter which side I get? Is it like ears and has that silly thing about one side means you like girls or guys?

Tongue - How painful compared to ears/naval? I'm a pretty tiny girl, are there tongue rings that are short? I don't want my mouth propped open. Lol. Eating a problem? Can food get stuck on the ring and infect it? How do you help heal it exactly? Stick your tongue in a cup? Your tongue is a muscle and moves around a lot in different ways, the ring doesn't just sit still like it does in a ear, I'm just wondering about that in general I guess, can't ask if it effects talking because obviously it doesn't (besides slurring when u first get it). I just can't imagine wiggling my tongue with a hard bar in it... hope someone knows what I mean.

Thanks in advance. smile

Tongue is nothing. I felt a poke like the tine of a fork and it was done. There's no such thing as a "tongue ring." Barbells come in all sorts of length, in increments of 1/16 of an inch, starting at 1/4". So getting the right length is easy-peasy.
Your piercer will generally recommend swishing with salt water and/or mouthwash after eating/drinking/smoking and that's it for healing. Because the inside of of your tongue is all muscle fibres instead of nerves, you actually can't really feel the bar in there at all.

I've got a septum piercing and yeah, sometimes it feels tickly in your nose. You get used to it in a couple weeks. Keloids/bumps/scarring are pretty common with nostril piercings, so just go to a good piercer. Usually quality jewelry and placement, and not moving it around will keep from getting those problems.

astrosnik

H o s h ! k o

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:30 pm
I feel a little silly now about some of those questions. After hearing the answer I should have known them. Sticking my tongue in a cup? What the hell was I thinking?? Lol!

Thanks for the help though. I would have thought the tongue would hurt the most because it's a muscle, with vains and other solid things. I'm leaning towards the nose though. Read another thread about the tongue and it seams risky with teeth. I'm also going to get my helix done at the same time. I'm so scared my nose will hurt! If it goes good though, I think it will be the start of getting more "serious" stuff done. Might get my other nostril done, labret, more ear stuff, tongue if I'm ever brave enough.. haha. smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:05 pm
Good luck with your nose! I haven't gotten mine to heal, but of course, that might be just me. Everyone's different.

I'd get a stud to start out with, actually. I've only had bad luck trying to heal a nostril piercing with a hoop. I think it just moves around way too much.

Looks like you've made your decision, so I won't have to go into tongue details.

Good luck!  

popcornsharingbox

H o s h ! k o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:12 am
Thanks. I'm getting it done today actually! I'm definately getting the top of my ear done, and we'll see if I can get up the courage to do my nose. Hopefully the piercer will be able to calm my nerves.

Never ending questions!

How exactly do they even pierce it? Only needle piercing I got was my navel and they put that clamp on. Do they put my nose in a clamp? I think I read something about a tube...?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:34 am
When they pierce your nose, most commonly, they use a receiving tube like you mentioned. They'll put a tube up your nostril to catch the needle. It's a little awkward.

Some piercers do it without a tube, though.  

popcornsharingbox

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:14 am
Tongue piercings aren't too painful (according to what the majority of people I have talked to that have told me) and they heal rather fast. I have been told the second and third day are the 'toughest' because apparently the tongue sorta gets a little swollen, but besides that, I have been told it is an easy piercing to get, which is why I might be getting it next, haha.

I have heard, from other people that have gotten their nostrils pierced that is painful to them, but personally and to me, it wasn't too painful.

I say, that you get something you really, really want 'cause you are the one that'll be carrying it around and if you don't like it, what does it matter if other people do? I mean, piercings and tats you have to get for yourself. ;]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:29 pm
Yep. Tongue piercings heal in roughly a week. Not HEAL heal, but..ya know. You can eat again.  

popcornsharingbox

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:53 pm
~Eurydice~
Yep. Tongue piercings heal in roughly a week. Not HEAL heal, but..ya know. You can eat again.
Yuh. That's what I've been told. xD My stepdad has his tongue pierced and he told me that it only took him like three weeks for it to fully heal. I was like... sweet. O:  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games