Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Hmm quick question.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:13 pm
This may be the dumbest question ever asked here but its probly the only thing stopping me from getting my tongue and or lip peirced.

So a while back a friend of mine got his lip peirced and I noticed he was drinking any beer and this is very unusual for any of us so I offered him one and he goes "No thanks dude I just got my lip peirced I can't drink for 6 weeks." So I respond "Bullshit!" and he goes "Yeah my peircer said you can't drink for 6 weeks after a lip or tounge peircing or you can get a yeast infection."

Now I gotta know if this is true I havn't heard it any where else but on the slim chance it is I drink a lot of beer and thats no good.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:45 am
I've heard this before, but I do not know if it's true. I say do some research and ask your piercer.  

vafalla

Original Vampire

astrosnik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:54 pm
Haha, what? I've had my lip pierced 4 times, and by 3 different piercers. I've never heard that. Sounds like an urban legend. It's not recommended to drink a lot of alcohol for the next several days because it can lead to blood thinning and bleeding, but not a yeast infection.
There have been a couple reports of people who've gotten yeast infections in combination with alcohol after tongue piercings, but it's extremely rare.

It's like those freak accidents with pinched nerves. Only happened a couple times ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:22 pm
I've only really heard about no drinking before and during because you'll bleed a lot... and no kissing because everyone has filthy bacteria mouths...
but nothing about yeast infections.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

apanda999

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:28 am
No alcohol for the first 24 hours because it thins your blood, causing extra bleeding. No beer for the first 48 hours because it can cause yeast infections if not kept clean, but cleaning too much can be bad for your piercing, so it is just not recommended.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:30 am
Thank you, I know drinking thins the blood and I would never go get a peircing or a tattoo while I was drunk also I dont think I'd want one from an artist who takes drunken customers. I can live 2 days with out a beer maybe more if the peircer recommends it but its still probly gunna be a lil while before I get this done I need a job so I have funding for all the work I want xp  

Kingshortpants

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:35 pm
I've gotten 5 oral piercings and each time, they said no beer. Only alchohol. :shrug:  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:03 am
I haven't my tongue pierced, but I do have a monroe, and I was told not to have beer for a while, though I don't particularly drink, so that wasn't a problem.

I do know you cannot drink before and right after you get it, but I don't know about the 'not drinking for weeks' part. xP Sorries, but I am of no help here, haha.

Edible Lingerie!

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:25 pm
I think I'm gunna walk across the street tomorrow between classes and see what the tattoo shop there has to say. I dont think I'd get any thing there I'd imagine their specailty is tribals and loss bets being ten feet away from a college.

I'm fine not drinking alcohol I just enjoy beer and not like the average college student who is fine drinking beer that cost 12 dollars for 30 cans in fact I dont know when the last time I had beer out of a can... any way thank you every one for your help this all really depends on if I get a job.  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games