Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
To Make a Genius (Not for the Weak of Stomach) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:13 pm
I didn't know Jeremy well, he was the friend of a friend of a friend, and I met him at a party a few weeks back; but I was in the area and he had seemed somewhat interesting (plus he took my jacket at the party), and that's how I ended up on his cracked leather couch watching this video tape. His house was shaped like a small silo, not very well cared for; and a bit out in the wood-sy parts of the county. I showed up, knocked, he let me in, I sat down; and then he asked me the question that changed my life.

"Do you want to see something, Damien?"

I nodded, he reached underneath his coffee table and pulled out an old VCR tape. He told me to pop it in and watch it, and that he was gonna make some food. So he left and I turned his medium sized television and pushed the cassette into the old contraption.

A pretty blonde girl popped up on the screen, a shot of her from the collarbone up. She was beautiful, but then she started talking and it became obvious that she was mentally retarded. Not your stereotypical "dumb blonde" but literally mentally retarded.
The camera man's voice (as it was obviously a home movie) told that this girl was his step sister and he was going to make her into a genius in just fifteen days. I reconized the voice as Jeremy's, and I reconized the room in the background as his guest room.

Day 1

"I'm not smart. I want to be like Jerruhme and be more smart."
The girl smiles and looks dimly at the camera.
Fade to black.

Day 2

"Jerruhme told me that... Told me that... I'm smarter...."
The camera moves as if the holder is nodding, the girl giggles and blushes.
Fade to black.

Day 10

"I feel... I can't shake the feeling that you're hurting me. Are you hurting me, Jeremy?"
The camera shakes back and forth, but I notice that the girl's teeth are yellowing; and even though she sounds more articulated than before she looks sick.
The girl smiles warmly and coughs.
Fade to black.

Day 11
"Why did you take my mirror away from me?
Why won't you talk to me, why can't I leave?"
The camera man doesn't respond, but a slight vibrating screen clued that the man's hand was shaking.
The girl's skin was a light grey, her veins a more pronounced purple color, and her eyes a sickly yellow.
The camera focuses on a sore developing on her left cheek.
Fade to black.

Day 13

"I don't wish to be a genius anymore.
Please let me go, please I don't feel right."

She didn't look alive anymore, her hair was falling out, her lower jaw jut out like a radiation victim. Her skin was dark grey and purple, the hue of a six month old corpse. Her left eye sunken and pus filled, her right eye disproportioned and bulged, veiny and yellow. Her lower lip was pulled back, and the sore on her cheek was the size of a small tea plate, teeth showing through. Teeth that weren't right.
Fade to black.

Day 15

"How do you feel, Lucy?"
The camera man speaks for the first time in a frantic voice; and without a doubt it's the same man who's house I'm at.

"Feeling is relevant.
I am perfection.

Intelligence has shown me the futility of the pursuit of beauty.
I feel like a Goddess."

The camera shook and rattled.
The girl was a... a... a monster.
She... God I feel sick.

Who could have done this?
How is this possible.
Fade to black.

"I found out the secret to making a genius."
Jeremy was standing behind me.
He handed me another video tape, he told me to put it in.
I heard him c**k a gun.

The next video tape started abruptly, a man with the same mottled purple grey skin was sitting at a dinner table. He only had one eye, but it wasn't normal. Two pupils focused on the camera, through a bulging and greened globe. He smiled and I saw his gnarled and sharpened teeth. He appeared to be eating what seemed to be rotting maggots.
In between bites he was rambling about how reality was only perspective and in his mind he was dining on a fine steak dinner.

A clip popped on of two people, a man and a woman were about to have sex.
The girl was the same girl as before, the man was unknown to me.
She pulled back and slid her panties off; and the camera zoomed in on the girls crotch.

I screamed.

Gnarled and jagged teeth jut out of her labia and quivered.
The man screamed in unison with me.

She told the man over his screaming that he should have know she was a taste too exotic for her. She pushed him down and stradled him; and in a fine spray of blood she turned him into less of a man; a loud orgasm wracked her at the same time, and the man gargled and became still from shock.

End tape.

"I found the secret to making a genius.
Do you want to be a genius?"
I opened my mouth to scream when the bittersweet taste of chloroform pushed me into oblivion.
Looks like I was going to be a genius.

So I had possibly the most disturbing dream in my life last night.
This is roughly it.
I can't accurately describe the terrible things I saw.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:55 pm
Damn... It looks like there are some typos, other than that; Damn. I kinda wish my dreams were that interesting... Mine are usually pretty randomized. Was it one of those dreams where you could tell it was fake or was it one that seemed to really be happening? If it's the latter... man that must've sucked.  

lidless_i

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:58 pm
I was never happier in my life than I felt when I had woken up.
It felt very real.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:02 pm
Man, I can't even imagine that. The worst a realistic dream I have had involved me hurting other people, not the other way around... I was happy to wake up because it meant that I wouldn't have to face any criminal charges. Just another quick question if you don't mind. Do you keep a dream journal? Just asking because I hear that dreams are easier to remember if you do, and since you seem to remember it so vividly I just thought that I'd ask.

Edit: I realize that you have a better reason than a dream journal to remember... just thought I'd ask anyway though.  

lidless_i

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:05 pm
lidless_i
Man, I can't even imagine that. The worst a realistic dream I have had involved me hurting other people, not the other way around... I was happy to wake up because it meant that I wouldn't have to face any criminal charges. Just another quick question if you don't mind. Do you keep a dream journal? Just asking because I hear that dreams are easier to remember if you do, and since you seem to remember it so vividly I just thought that I'd ask.

Edit: I realize that you have a better reason than a dream journal to remember... just thought I'd ask anyway though.

I remember a dream i had once. It began with the word miracle then shoved me into that movie about the american ice hockey team...there i played hockey against the russians and aparently won because the next moment i was in a ball room with stalin. He was drinking some champaign and laughing about something. Of course i was, conveinently enough, still in my hockey uniform so i went up to stalin and asked if he wanted to play a quick game.

The next scene in my dream had two goals on each side of the same ball room ( one red and one blue) and a giant hokey puck ( it was a plastic one a bit like the one i used to have in when i was five...blue with an orange name across it ) stalin charged at me and the only thing i can remember after that was a few random scenes of me and stalin running through a bunch of well dressed people in a fervor to reach the other's goal.

apparently i had won this game too because the next minute we were in a seperate room and i was laughing at stalin and for some extremly odd reason I said

"haha i beat you in hockey, now you have to declare the Soviet union a democracy!"

Stalin waved airly at this and informed me that the people loved him and would stay loyal to the Soviet Union. So he got on the phone and the next scene rushed to an overveiw of a giant stadium where stalins voice called out:

"attention people of the Soviet Union we are now a democratic republic please stay calm and-"

and at that moment there were sonorous yells from the crowds bellow as they rushed out of the stadium. the scene went back to stalin who was looking rather sad. So i asked him if he needed a hug. he pushed past and said:

"Naughoooo" ( for some reason my dream fealt it neccisary to put in that bit of accent at that moment)

a women around the age of him rushed after him as he stormed out the door.

Then I woke up. Blinking wildly, i said

" What the F***!?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:12 pm
I vaugely remember a dream in which I found it neccisary to beat the "ever loving s**t" (I think that's how it was phrased in the dream) out of Carrot Top to save some nerds who were also nuns from a thunder storm that was floating around the halls of an ever color-changing school. I had fun beating up Carrot Top though. I can also see how your dream would be a "WTF" type thing... a balance of structure and nonesense is usually alot more surreal than pure nonsense, at least in my expirience.  

lidless_i

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:38 pm
lidless_i
I vaugely remember a dream in which I found it neccisary to beat the "ever loving s**t" (I think that's how it was phrased in the dream) out of Carrot Top to save some nerds who were also nuns from a thunder storm that was floating around the halls of an ever color-changing school. I had fun beating up Carrot Top though. I can also see how your dream would be a "WTF" type thing... a balance of structure and nonesense is usually alot more surreal than pure nonsense, at least in my expirience.

agreed.

that was actually the first dream where i woke up by sitting up in bed. Of coruse, I had a good laugh when i recapped the experience to my friends, but that initial feeling was more or less one of deep violation.

It was just so random *shivers*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:14 pm
...... eek  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:21 pm
KirbyVictorious
...... eek

there are a few things in this thred that justify a shocked look. You may want to quote it first.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:12 pm
...What?

That was my OMGwhatthehellwtfWHEREDIDTHISCOMEFROMandwhyiseverythingaboutsextoday?!?!?!...

...Shocky thing.  

KirbyVictorious

Elf of the Shadows

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:56 pm
Weird. I have alot of really weird dreams. One time I was in school (in my dream) and I sharpened my pencil. It was really intense at the time, when I woke up I was cracking up. That wasn't really wierd, just kinda random. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:38 pm
Dude, if you have dreams like that, I don't see how you sleep at night. *shudder*

More vivid imagery. A few typos.

...and in a fine spray of blood she turned him into less of a man; a loud orgasm wracked her at the same time, and the man gargled and became still from shock.

Too many "and-s". Maybe while?

time, while the man gargled and became still from shock.

Ending was fantastic. Not the creepy sex part. The "looks like I was going to be a genius."  

Voxxx

psy_annie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:25 pm
A v****a. With teeth.

I had a dream about that once. Not nice.

Good story, Zahmen ... I love anything that makes my eye twitch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:07 pm
Scary dream...>.< *quivers*

But I enjoyed it....I just...I just don't know what to say right now though....  

Oukow

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:52 am
My worst dream, was a reality. It was when my friend committed suicide. It was a repetitive dream, I kept seeing it from different perspectives. My own when I my brother ran in screaming telling me what happened.. Second I was a ghost, and saw her do it.. The gun.. the blood and how she was looking straight at me when she did it. I still.. It still haunts me. I wake up shaking and screaming. Tearing at my skin, trying to rid it from my bones, this terrible memory.. I am surprised my back is not laden with scars from the many nights I have woken up to gashes along my sides...

This got to me Zahmen, Like most of your pieces do.

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff