Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Graphic Claiming

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissCharmed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:11 pm
Okay well this person [will stay anonymous] posted these graphics up, claiming she made it. I thought it they were really nice. Good quality and everything. Then this other person asks her to make a new graphic. And she posted it and it was really bad. There was no compairson to the other ones she had posted. The other ones had great blending and the right effects applied to it. The new one had terrible blending and no effects at all.
I assuming that she took the older graphics and claimed it as her own.

That kind of thing really grinds my gears. Stealing graphics and that of the such. It's happened to me once that I know of. I don't really mind people using them for sigs and stuff but I'd really like to know beforehand. And as long as they don't claim they made it.

Anyways, I don't know if I should confront her or not. The probability of me being wrong is one in a thousand.

Discuss:
Has anyone ever taken your work and claimed it as your own?
Should I confront the girl?
Related Topics.

[Sorry if I posted in the wrong place]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:00 pm
I've had people take my artwork and whole profile themes and claim it was theirs xp Not nice at all - especially as one of the ones someone on Gaia took from my portfolio was actually a logo I had designed for a paying client.

I've never completely understood the reasoning - why bother claiming something you didn't create? So you can get praise for something that you didn't even do? It makes no sense.

Whether you confront her or not is up to you. Personally I don't know if I'd bother unless she was trying to sell them or I knew of the original designer's work and could tell them about it.

If she's trying to sell them on Gaia it's against the Mini Shop's rules, so if you direct me to the thread I can deal with it ^_^  

Chisa
Vice Captain

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:50 pm
Wow! That is so ironic! I was just updating my website and I was changing my Terms of Use page, saying that if they wanted to use my stuff, they should notify me. Weird.

I personally haven't had that happen to me, but who knows? I heard about it happening to a number of people though.

It's really unfair! I'd get so angry if I found that someone was claiming my artwork. I'd get even more angry if they tried to CHANGE the piece of work, and claim it as their own.

It's not that hard to credit, I don't now whey people don't. I mean, if you use someone's stuff as a part of your work, a simple "The background was created by so-and-so" is so easy to do!

Since you don't have any real proof that the work isn't hers, then I'd say lay low for now. But yes, I'd like to see the thread myself, if you wouldn't mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:41 pm
Chisa-Nope she's not selling it and I've decided not to talk to her about it.

mrmrs_sukiher-Yeah I know some people who've had their work changed slightly and claimed as their own.
The thread is in another guild. I'd rather not draw too much attention to it but I can post her work if you wanted to see.

MissCharmed

masakazu652

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:56 pm
No. No one has ever claimed my graphics as there own.

There is a chance where she was lazy and didn't feel like taking the time and effort in working on the new graphic and just threw it together. So if it happens again and you notice it you can ask her about it but do it in a polite way and only if you found the original artist because there is that slim chance of her laziness.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games