Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
The Note.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Disposable Dweeb.]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:24 pm
Tears lined the words she had written, her eyes looked dull and void. She was not sure whether she should just burn the note now, and pretend it was okay. She read the words over and over and wanted nothing more then for them to have more feeling.

The paper itself was a faded purple, almost Lilac colour and the words she'd written were in deep red ink, every word in beautiful cursive. Her signature was perfect, everything about the note spelled out beautiful.

The girl who had wrote the letter was pretty, she was not someone who would make a living off her looks but she was pretty none the less. Her face was soft and pale, but she still had some colour. The subtle lines of eyeshadow made the icy blue eyes stick out in the dimly lit room. Her hair was shoulder length and a light brown, pink streaks came down from the sides of her bangs. On this particular day she had her bangs braided so the light brown and pink mixed into a repetitive pattern, from the front of her forhead to the back of her head.

The letter she now was holding in her hands had small droplets falling from it. Once it dried, she took a deep breath and read the note once more.

'Dad,

I don't know where to start... Maybe I'll begin with the fact that when you read this, I'll be long gone. Please, don't be sad, that is the last thing I want, this is just a choice I have made, and I never want you to regret anything that you've ever done, or havent done for me...

I miss mother, and I think all my prayers for her to be safe have been in vain. I... I can remember, a long time ago, we were once happy...'

She couldnt help but let a smile creep onto her face as she recalled the times when she was a young girl and her parents were together.

'... I can remember when we would drive so far away from home, from the bothers and debts that plagued our home, that split us apart, that killed your and mother's relationship... that killed our family.

I remember the beach, and the sun and the warmth... the warmth I felt was not from the sun, it was your love for eachother, I never heard you argue. It was perfect, but I guess it is true what they say; all good things must come to an end.

None of this is your fault, you have always been there, I love you dad...

(P.S If this message effects you in any way, maybe this may guide you in the right direction... Please stop drinking, you arent taking care of yourself and it's visible that you are in pain, please, you need to move on.)'

The letter was split into two parts, so who ever read it could tell the difference for whom she was adressing.

' Dearest Mother,

With you, I know exactly where to start... You ruined our family. You left us, and if you actually are still out there, and somehow manage to read this, I have a message for you "I hope your fate is the same as mine. I hope that this is the reason your fate is the same..."

You cheated, you lied, you pretended everything was the same, and you killed me... I was dead inside long before ever writing this, and that was your fault. I... We needed you, and you just left. We were willing to forgive you when you came back, but you just left, again and again. You made fool's of father and I, and we always thought that this may be the time you stayed.

We were once happy, can't you remember that? We had a nice home, a good neighborhood, we had anything we ever needed. Now I'm looking out the window into the dark night, crime is all around us, and if I were to die, it would not effect anyone but father. You could have put the final piece of this family back together... but everytime you left you took a small piece of our souls, our will to keep on living. The last bit of feeling, of motivation, all that I've got in me, is in this letter. It will take nothing to follow through, I'm already numb.

I hope you hold yourself responsible, you left us, we were never bad, we were never mean, we were a good family, I was always a respectful daughter who never stood up to you... Well, I guess my time to stand up is now.

You are weak, you left a happy life with a good family, you left me, and you left dad. And for what? To pursue your dream of being an alduterer? To crush all the hope we ever had. Or to keep coming back, to toy with us more and more.

I don't even wish you goodbye, I just hope that you see where you've gone wrong... Maybe something like this will give you a new take on ethics and morals.

Sincerely; Lilly'

One last tear dropped from the girl's icy blue eyes, even her sadness showed beauty. For a split second her falling tear shone like a crystal as she stood up and slowly grabbed an envelope. Folding the letter into three sections she put it inside the peach envellope. Peach was her father's favorite colour, "easy on the eyes" he always said.

She licked the envelope's seal and placed it at her spot on the kitchen table. She began to walk up the flight of stairs, she couldnt help but count the floors as she went up. When she reached the roof of the appartment building she couldnt help but say out loud "Forty three". She was forty three floors up and she would soon be at ground level.

As she stepped out of the roof enterance, she could see her neighbors, a group of young men who appeared to be fresh out of college. They appeared to be smoking marijuana, that's when they looked over at her and stood up... She never liked her neighbors, from what she gathered, they were arrogant and rude.

"Hey there, what's someone like you doing all the way up here." Said the tallest of the boys.
"I... I'm just... Enjoying the fresh air." She stuttered.
"Would you like a hit?" Said another boy, referring to the pot.
"Would you like to get out of my face?" She said angrily.
"Hey there, Chill out babe." Said the first boy, he looked rather strong and was getting too close to her.
"You chill out... It's people like you who make this neighborhood terrible."
"You better take that back." He snapped at her.

She then turned her back to the men and walked to the edge of the forty third floor, looking down to the traffic, she was amazed that the nightlife was so active in the middle of a city who's crime rate seemed to be one of the highest.

"What are you doing?" One of the guys yelled at her, the panic in his voice was genuine.

A smile was on her face as she turned to face them, though there were tears now streaming down her face she looked very calm.

Her reply sent a shiver down everybodies spine.

"I am doing exactly what you think I'm doing, I'm escaping."
"Escaping what?" Another boy asked.
"Everything that is wrong in the world." She looked at their faces interpret her message. She was referring to her pain, her mother and her life in general. But the young men interpreted it as them. Her message had reached somebody, as she saw them step forward to try and help her. They were too late, she had made her decision. She took a step backwards and felt a euphoric feeling she'd never felt before. The feeling of what it truly is to be alive, to be set free, to be weightless and most importantly, to know what it feels like to lose all the pain in the world, just for the small amount of time that she plummeted...

She was right, in her letter, it didnt effect anyone, except those whom loved her, or those who had seen her last. Everyone jumped to conclusions, that she was psychotic, that she was a tortured soul, that her father was terrible... No one ever considered that she just wanted a few moments of happiness. And the last thoughts that went through her head were those of happiness.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:48 pm
Very well written. 3nodding I liked it.  

Reese_Roper

The Duchess Grey

Astounding Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:09 pm
I like this. I've been reading some of your other stuff too, and I definitely think you have talent. I look forward to reading more of your writing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:24 pm
This is very well written and very powerful, it was a very good read.  

Rosealean

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff