Reply Ear Piercings
Stretching & industrial question(s).

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kseniya`

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:26 pm
Would it be okay to use Vaseline on your taper to lube it up?
Because I've heard of other stuff people use, but it's all I have.
sweatdrop

Also, since I'm getting my industrial done in a couple months, I was wondering if it was possible to get a gold bar or rings for it?
Also, is migration really that much of a problem? I was thinking about getting it pierced with two rings, and then switching to a bar later on. Would that mess up the alignment, or should I just ask my piercer when I go to get it done?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:46 am
Nah, don't use vaseline- the petroleum will effectively seal the piercing
which is pretty unhealthy, it needs to breathe to heal properly

you could just use vitamin E oil (preferrably) or a light fragrance-free lotion (without petroleum) to lubricate, you can find both at most grocery stores.

walgreens usually carries the vitamin E oil, it's about $5 a bottle  

curseyes

kseniya`

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:07 pm
X-Rays
Nah, don't use vaseline- the petroleum will effectively seal the piercing
which is pretty unhealthy, it needs to breathe to heal properly

you could just use vitamin E oil (preferrably) or a light fragrance-free lotion (without petroleum) to lubricate, you can find both at most grocery stores.

walgreens usually carries the vitamin E oil, it's about $5 a bottle

Hey thanks. This morning I actually remembered I had some of that, and was gonna ask about it. xd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:33 pm
I am not sure whether it'll mess it up or not, but I got an 'orbital' done and I had hoops put into it while it heals 'cause at the moment, and being my first piercing, it would be easier and at some point less buggy to take care of it, but that was just me taking the easy route to begin with. When I got my lip pierced, they told me a stud would be better, but it would've made me unhappy to get a labret instead of the hoop 'cause I like hoops better, so I took the slightly harder road, haha. But, that is just me. D:  

Edible Lingerie!

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:44 pm
A good piercer should be able to line it up properly and still heal it with two separate pieces of jewellery.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:26 pm
Thanks you. :]
I'm planning on asking my piercer to do it with hoops when I go to get it done this spring.

kseniya`

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff