Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
WHAT ABOUT SCARFS!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:55 pm
OKay, We all know how useful towels are. But what about the towels longer, slimmer cousen the Scarf? The Longer the Better, and The Fourth Doctor (from the show Doctor Who) had a scarf that was about 15 feet long!

A to 7Q
A long coat and floppy, wide-brimmed hat make up the fourth Doctor's costume, but nothing characterizes him as much as his incredibly long woolen scarf. Often as practical as it is decorative, the scarf is a frequent victim of destructive weapons and has even been accused of murder!

User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:32 am
*drools*
I just love that scarf. So awesome.
But still, towels verse scarfs, I wonder which would win?  

Lidaby

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:44 am
Well, it seems towels are simpler. Because either that scarf can grow and shrink, or the Doctor can. xd In that first picture, is he having people pay him to pull on that thing or something?

Towels are still better, I think. You can't even get a woolly scarf wet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:01 pm
true...but scarfs are more usefull for a few things that towels have trouble doing...and there are at least five different scarfs...they made quite a few...  

fourtysecondscarf

doomydaydoom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:58 pm
I LOVE that scarf! hehe....thats what got me into Doctor Who in the first place!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:33 pm
+il mio destino scelgo

GOD i want one of those

except in purple

+se riesco a resistere

jackKILLEDjill

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:29 pm
theres actually one that was used in his last season that was maroon...very strange...not my favorite..  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:07 pm
Lullabee
Well, it seems towels are simpler. Because either that scarf can grow and shrink, or the Doctor can. xd In that first picture, is he having people pay him to pull on that thing or something?

Towels are still better, I think. You can't even get a woolly scarf wet.

I think you're right. I have both a scarf (normal size gonk ) and a towel, and I love my towel dearly and hardly ever wear the scarf.

But the Doctor has most amazing scarves, how can you help but like them?! heart  

Ceribri

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:45 pm
I love scarfs! I am a true hat and scarf person...I only DONT wear them in the summer!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:03 pm
The Doc had some bitchin' scarfs.
But I gotta stick with my guts on this one.
Towels FTW.

jasmgasm

Lidaby

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:04 pm
That's a pretty tough decision really...
Towels would win for the practical side, but you know, you can do a lot of the things a towel is used for with a scarf too, if you try. And if it's big enough.
And by the same token, I'm sure wearing a towel around your neck would keep you warm in winter as well.

I think they're equal in awesomeness.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:45 pm
fourtysecondscarf
theres actually one that was used in his last season that was maroon...very strange...not my favorite..

a year late with the reply, but meh.

the maroon one was made of chenille instead of wool and was an astounding 20 1/2 feet long by 14 inches wide. but no, it wasn't the prettiest of them.

as to the towel vs. scarf debate, the scarf has the advantage of not making you look out of place in most settings. strolling through downtown with a towel wrapped around your neck does draw more than a few stares. even in winter. User Image  

[ Goon ]

Lidaby

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:49 am
[ Goon ]
fourtysecondscarf

a year late with the reply, but meh.

the maroon one was made of chenille instead of wool and was an astounding 20 1/2 feet long by 14 inches wide. but no, it wasn't the prettiest of them.

as to the towel vs. scarf debate, the scarf has the advantage of not making you look out of place in most settings. strolling through downtown with a towel wrapped around your neck does draw more than a few stares. even in winter. User Image

Haha, a few odd stares isn't necessarily a bad thing! depends if you mind people thinking you're weird or not.

At least your fellow guide fans will understand. Though, admittedly, it's a possibility there may be none around at that instance in time.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:28 am
but couldn't the odd stares mean that you have the element of surprise on your side? another use for the towel!  

deje rah

Familiar Phantom

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games