Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Why do we write?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NovaKing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:12 pm
Sheesh, it’s a bit inert here now adays. How can we augment our ranks without the reassurance that some one will be on to offer new members company and guidance.

I DEMAND EVENTS!

But why...why do I want this place active?

Why do i write?
Why does anyone else write?

and for that matter,

What is the point of literature?

Maybe it’s a story,
Maybe it’s the purest fancy of creating a world.

What if stories were the only meaning to life?
or to live as the only meaning of stories?
Maybe a story is a way to compensate for our short life spans.
Maybe these stories comfort us.

What if literature offered relief from uncertainty?
a break from reality or simple definitions of human beings.
Maybe waiting for results in life is stressful
Maybe the ending in a book, or the definitions in an essay, are just ways to coax our frustration or confusion.

what if a story helped us to understand the world a little more,
or perhaps offered us guidance?
Maybe we take lessons from books
Maybe we read because we want to see humans at their best or worst.

What if a story was our way of experiencing new things?
Things that the world we live in cant offer.
Maybe it excites us.
perhaps it’s a way to experience a controlled reality.

What if a story was just a story?
A simple statement of events.
But,
Maybe we see our selves as characters in the epic adventure of earth.
And literature as things that could be, things that are, and things that may have been.
Maybe life is the story.
If so, it may just be that we read and communicate because we want an ending that we can be proud of.

So why do I write? Its so i can communicate, so I can imagine, so I can create worlds without leaving this one....

Maybe (please excuse my repetition) I write to make my thoughts, my ideas, my imagination, more then just some untouchable thing.

That answers a small fraction of one question. ( and also makes me feel a bit better.)

But i want to know why you (my guild members) write. Then I may be able to asnwer my first question.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:25 pm
I write because there's a frickinworldinmyhead, and it WONT--COME--OUT!!!!!

*htis side ofhead*

*grows dizzy*

*stops*

...yeah. I love detail, so when I get an idea I must elaborate. My brain does it, and it'll go crazy...er...if I don't write it down.

On a side note, hugelydramatic scenes are really good to write on paper. For some reason. *shrug*  

KirbyVictorious

lidless_i

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:14 am
I can't really think of a reason I write... I kinda just do. I don't get any particular enjoyment out of it. I rarely, if ever, attach some deeper meaning than that obviously presented in my stories. (I save attaching deeper meaning to the works of others, its just a thing I do) If I had to come up with a reason it would be that my brain is constantly spewing forth an unstoppable torrent of mostly random thoughts and ideas that causes a combination of near constant distraction from whatever is going on and a perpetual forgetfulness as new ideas replace old ones. (I was going to put something else as the second thing but I forgot what it was) So I write to try and channel some of that mental white noise anywhere but bouncing around endlessly inside my head.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:04 pm
Because my third grade teacher got me started, and now I can't stop. whee 'Cause I'm OCD like that.  

Voxxx

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:24 pm
I write because I have way too many ideas in my head that I may forget about.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:20 am
I write because I love to.

There's just too many ideas in my head and they won't go away... I don't want to forget them either.

Writing is a passion for me and well, it's helped me when I was younger and thought I had no friends... but now I do and those friends are very special. Especially KT, she's also a writer.  

SquishyMuffins

Winry_Rockbell799

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:23 pm
I really love writing, even though I'm afraid that it might sound stupid, but I don't really care, because it's just something I feel like I need to do. It's hard to describe, but it's like, I just have to express myself and that's the only way I can really do it! sweatdrop I mean, for me it's like a way to get out my emotions and actually I feel a lot better after I write a dramatic kind of scene... O_O  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:25 pm
Hi Nova! As you can see, I finally found time to come check out the guild! lol.

Why I write? Well, I cant think of a better way to say it then what Robert Heinlien writes in The Cat Who Walks Through Walls- I write because it hurts too much not to. If I ever stopped writing, I think I'd die. I need it more than air, more than water, more than food. Its what keeps me going through the night, when I'm too upset to sleep, it's what wakes me in the morning and carrys me through the day. The story never stops, and I hope it never will.  

Storm_Alchemist

Oukow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:08 am
I write because I want to leave the world I know and to take others with me. I wanna feel what other people can feel even if they're just apart of my imagination. I wanna express my feeling into words without them being spoken out loud. I want people to know things, about me, about the pain there is, or about my family and friends. ABout the good or bad, about fantasy or reality.

I write because life is a book, and in order to live you must write your own story....at least that's what I've heard...And I agree with it  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:17 pm
Storm_Alchemist
Hi Nova! As you can see, I finally found time to come check out the guild! lol.

Why I write? Well, I cant think of a better way to say it then what Robert Heinlien writes in The Cat Who Walks Through Walls- I write because it hurts too much not to. If I ever stopped writing, I think I'd die. I need it more than air, more than water, more than food. Its what keeps me going through the night, when I'm too upset to sleep, it's what wakes me in the morning and carrys me through the day. The story never stops, and I hope it never will.

HI STORM!!!!!!!!!!!! * SKY DIVING FROM SUPER SONIC JET HUGGLE*

Thats a lovely quote. ( sorry i missed it sad ) ( that is, it took me a while to discover that more then three people came in here.)  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:20 pm
you know, I think I have an answer:

Because no matter what the content, when it's done well it makes me smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:22 pm
Oukow
I write because I want to leave the world I know and to take others with me. I wanna feel what other people can feel even if they're just apart of my imagination. I wanna express my feeling into words without them being spoken out loud. I want people to know things, about me, about the pain there is, or about my family and friends. ABout the good or bad, about fantasy or reality.

I write because life is a book, and in order to live you must write your own story....at least that's what I've heard...And I agree with it

im actually quite certain that that has to do with a person living and reading, but i get your drift.  

NovaKing

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:23 pm
I write becuase it's the only way I can be myself.

And sometimes, the only way to actually express my emotions.

I also write because fantasy worlds are so much better/easier/cooler than the real world. It's an escape.

...Did I ever post "A writer's theme" here...?

Yes I did.

It tells you exactly why I write. In a poem. 'Cuz I'm cool like that.

XD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:31 pm
I'M ADDICTED TO WRITING!!!!! AUGHHHH!!!!! I CAN'T STOP MYSELF!!!! IDON'TEVENWANTTOTHAT'SHOWHOPELESSIAM!!!! AND I BET YOU COULDN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THAT!!! AUGHHHH!!!! scream scream scream  

Aevy

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff