Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Favored graphical styles Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:03 am
What style of graphics do you find yourself growing fond of, and which one is the one you feel fits you like a glove?

For me, it's always been the simplistic stylings that've stuck with me, like Vector graphics, or techniques that get it done with few steps.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:05 pm
I definitely like the simple look as well. I really like vector illustrations and patterns.

When designs get too busy or over-thought (is that a word??) sometimes its better to take a step back and simplify.

Good topic! smile  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

CrZyJ0E

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:53 am
I hate vectors so cliche. I perfer photo minap, its a much more serious style and if your a photo grapher its even better.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:51 am
im a vector girl...i love doing logos and vector is the best for that!  

thejessjess

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:11 pm
Well, I'm dumb, so I don't know what Vector is. biggrin Ahaha, but I like doing simple graphics. It amazes me how little simple things could make a piece of work so beautiful. I'm starting to do photo manip, which is really fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:41 pm
mrmrs_sukiher
Well, I'm dumb, so I don't know what Vector is. biggrin Ahaha, but I like doing simple graphics. It amazes me how little simple things could make a piece of work so beautiful. I'm starting to do photo manip, which is really fun.
Yes Photo minap is an awsome fun style that can involve all sorts of things.  

CrZyJ0E

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:50 pm
CrZyJ0E
I hate vectors so cliche. I perfer photo minap, its a much more serious style and if your a photo grapher its even better.

Vector art isn't necessarily cliche, or non-serious. I have seen some amazing vector art that I only wish I was capable of creating.

Photo manipulation is an interesting technique as well. I've seen some neat effects.

mrmrs_sukiher: vector art is made using a program like Adobe Illustrator. It's created using lines and fills, and it can be very basic like a logo design, or it can be very detailed. I've seen vector images that look like photos.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:01 pm
Example of crazy awesome vector work xd

I'm not particularly good at vector work myself, but I love seeing the style. Personally I think calling an entire medium cliche is being too judgemental - there is such a huge range of things that you can do with vectors, it's like calling oil paints cliche - it's not the medium, it's completely up to the artist or designer and how they choose to use it.

I like the very simplistic style, often including vector graphics 3nodding Now we have a photographer at my workplace we've been including more photography in our work, which can work really well with the right photos. Haven't done much photo manipulation beyond simple cleaning up and changing of levels - much more than that doesn't really suit the kind of work that we do.

I also like organic, painty styles too. Ack, I like everything!  

Chisa
Vice Captain

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:47 am
Whoa, those vector images you linked to are very.... interesting. smile

I also used to love looking at my art teacher's pencil and charcoal sketches. He had such an interesting style.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:34 pm
I love digital style art, abstract, as well as grunge art. I enjoy digital the most, it has more of a professional feel to it.  

Fayyette

5,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

.+Destiny.Eclipsed+.

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:40 pm
That's what vector is? I think I have to change a couple things over... sweatdrop

Mrr, I started with photomanip, so I'm rather attached to it as far as working goes. Heh, I'm not too great with creating things from scratch, not on a computer. But I try to dabble a bit everywhere.

As far as what I like to look at though... it's not the style that I pay attention to, really. It's simply how the end product looks. Heh, I'm pretty easy to please. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:34 am
Vector art is very nice but it's hard for me [I am not an patient person though sweatdrop ] I use Photoshoip for vector art though.

Anyway, I love abstract, grunge, old factory styles. I love using C4D renders too. They're very useful and they can give a flow in your sig if you know how to blend them.  

Oo-Gummmy Bear-oO

Matoda1393

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:30 pm
Myself, I have a kinda grungy/ textur-y style and that works for me, but I LOVE the vector style =)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:10 pm
I prefer Vector, it's easy and neat.  

L a w l i e t`

Zoiy Grockle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:34 am
Vector is definately my favorite. I like simple, clean lines, without a lot of clutter. I'm also a big fan of retro designs.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff