Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
A Sailor Moon Buying Guide

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pharaoh90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:33 am
Hello, I'm Pharaoh90. This is my guide to getting those out of print Sailor Moon DVDs.

So, how can we get Sailor Moon DVDs now that they're out of print? Amazon.com and eBay.com are a good place to check. Secondspin.com has a small selection of Sailor Moon DVDs. Suncuast.com, and SamGoody.com also may occasinally come by some used Sailor Moon DVDs that you can buy. So, you go on eBay and Amazon, and here these people are selling whole seasons for less than $40.00!! DON'T FALL FOR IT! There are tons of Sailor Moon Bootlegs. What are Bootlegs? They are a pirated copy of a DVD. A good way to spot bootleg DVDs are to check the region. If they are region 0 or region free then that Sailor Moon DVD is a bootleg. While there are SOME Anime companies that release their DVDs in region 0/region free, NO OFFICIAL U.S. SAILOR MOON DISTRIBUTOR HAS RELEASED ANY SAILOR MOON DVDs IN REGION 0/ REGION FREE. ALL LEGITIMATE U.S. SAILOR MOON DVDs WERE RELEASED IN REGION 1! Sorry if there was excessive caps, but that is the point that I stress the most when looking for Sailor Moon DVDs. Now, say you find a Sailor Stars DVD set that was region 0, BE AWARE THAT SAILOR MOON SAILOR STARS WAS NEVER RELEASED IN THE U.S. AND THIS DVD SET IS A BOOTLEG. There are legitimate Sailor Stars DVD releases, but they are Region 2. So, now you've found your legitimate Sailor Moon set and... LOOK AT THAT PRICE!! $150 DOLLARS!!?? Legitimate Sailor Moon DVDs aren't cheap these days. On eBay bids can go over $100!! So, look around, make a bargain with the seller. Save up your money and outbid the other bidders. If you see a cheap one, GRAB IT, becuase if you do find a cheap U.S. release and if you REALLY want it, BUY IT INSTANTLY! Cheap legitimate Sailor Moon DVDs sell like hotcakes. So, now you've got your Sailor Moon DVDs, whats next? ENJOY!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:44 pm
.................................thank you?  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:24 am
So, in short, the best way to buy Sailor Moon DVD's is via the Internet.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Thanks for the important notice about how to tell a bootleg from a real DVD! <3 I got a Region 1 Stars box xet last week... I finally get to see Seiya and Haruka fight over Usagi XD (Okay, so it doesn't ACTUALLY happen, but you KNOW it would!)  

Syndrama

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:20 am
Or, just watch the episodes off of Youtube...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:59 pm
Magical Girl Yossy
Or, just watch the episodes off of Youtube...

YouTube episodes are vanishing and are now unreliable (and it's worth mentioning here that you aren't allowed to link to them on Gaia anymore).

YouTube is now corporately owned and is going to crack down harder about licensed materials being shown in full version. You'll eventually have to find sections of episodes to watch and hope they all match up, not to mention the quality of sound and video will rarely compare to a DVD since it's 60% of the time either ripped by an amateur, or videotaped via a camcorder watching it on TV.  

Syndrama

Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff