Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Writing Contests/Games
Contest: Nova's Chalenge [footnote]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:39 pm
[/footnote] Im terribly sorry if posting this here is against the rules, but it seems to be the terminal for member activities, and thus has the best publicity in this forum.

Im also sorry if my being a member (and not a mod) affects my ability to host contests. If it is against the rules I’ll happily step down with no resistance.

The parameters are simple: write around four central themes, to be posted here in their finished forms.

The rules are:
1. No form of your entry may be posted in any forum here except this one, and only in this thread.
2. The four themes will be in short story form, with the optional exception of one poem and three short stories.
and
3. When all participants have signed on, the four themes will be introduced and a time limit of [X] days will begin.

Judgment
: I actually wan't to be a part of this too; so I’d appreciate it if one of the higher up’s would volunteer as a judge. Although, voting serves as a pliable alternative. But voting would mean not voting for yourself, and would do little but tell us which story the members of our guild enjoyed more. A criterion could also be employed for judges but im not sure which standards I would use.

Award
: Im not sure what to give the winner, or whether that should fall under the guilds duty or not. I’d like to award a title of some sort, maybe something that says this member won "such and such", to be stuck at the top of some where for everyone to see. Of course, This could just be for fun- which seems like the best alternative.

And that’s it. If your signing up or your just stopping by to say hello, try to voice your opinion on the above topics to add to a general consensus. The contest will begin once we have enough participants and end on the agreed due date.

[thanks and enjoy the boredom bunny]

{}{]
(p o) * Thinks*
[-][+]  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:55 pm
Well... I'm not against the idea at all. Sounds pretty interesting.

I'll move the topic to the Contests subforum tomorrow and talk to Waffles about it. I'm not sure what reason she had behind Mods being the only members to start contests...  

BlackHawkGS

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:00 pm
BlackHawkGS

I'll move the topic to the Contests subforum tomorrow and talk to Waffles about it. I'm not sure what reason she had behind Mods being the only members to start contests...

Well its an "if", so im not certain whether she condones it or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:46 pm
NovaKing
BlackHawkGS

Well its an "if", so im not certain whether she condones it or not.
To clarify for the whole guild:

ANYONE can make a contest. Anyone at all.

But please, put them in the contest subforum.

My only rule that even involves mods is that if a mod makes a contest they aren't allowed to make it a sticky or announcement without talking to me first.

I hope that clears everything up. I'm moving this to the proper subforum now.

<3

Spastic waffles
Captain

NovaKing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:21 pm
thanks...

hmmm

it doesnt seem like anyone's interested.

we'll see.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:58 pm
I'm interested. BUT... I warn you now... I have several addictions online at the moment and most of them take a hell of al ot of my free time considering that I have two jobs and a voracious appetite for books... (Been starving lately though)  

Gomenroia

Writing Contests/Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff