Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
I Don't Need Wings: A Letter

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:24 pm
Episode 1. Not sure what this will turn out to be. But I have a few ideas I want to throw around. Takes place in the Wingless universe, but no knowledge of that series is required. Enjoy.

Dear mother,

I'm sorry I have to do this. But I have to get away. Not from you, or Dad, or my brothers and sisters. Just from... everything.

I don't fit in. Everyday I wander the halls at the academy during lunch, looking for someone to come up and say hi, introduce themselves, be friendly. I even try myself to go up to people and fit in. But everyone stares at me uncertainly, turning back to their groups of friends and ignoring my existence.

I fail at everything. The quality of my schoolwork is steadily declining. My boss over at the cafe keeps saying I can't do anything right. And my one friend, Opa, has disappeared.

Something is out there... Mom, I can feel it. This isn't the right place for me. My personality, my character, my being doesn't fit in. It's not that I'm ugly, stupid, or weak... I just wasn't designed for this life.

I can't tell you where I'm going. You'll chase after me. I know you. Heh, then again, you wouldn't be a mother if you didn't care for me so much. So I'd like to thank you for all you've done.

You've raised me to be a woman of passion, integrity and courage. I won't let those values you taught me go to waste.

Thinking of you,

Rena Skyborn  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:00 pm
Ooh, I wonder what it's all about...  

Oukow

Voxxx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:29 pm
I liked the perspective. heart That feeling of not fitting in is something I haven't seen much of lately. It was nice to read something different. Anyways, I liked it. Good job!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:41 pm
That's really good! I wonder what will happen next!  

Storm_Alchemist

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:40 am
A strong sense of Independence. And my curiosity it growing... Might this character, Rena Skyborn, Somehow, in the future meet up with our three heros of the traditional Wingless Series?

Lets see what comes of this.
I shall be waiting
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces