Cheating?
  no
  in game cheats only
  AR only for single player
  I use it for wi-fi. big deal.
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:45 pm
I changed this to the Wi-Fi cheaters discussion so that we can discuss teh cheating peeps on wi-fi and rally enough people to send letters to nintendo and hope they fix this error. wether it be by law or by counter programming, or both.

so far most posters agree that:
sometimes AR/GS are fun to use, only on single player.
We hate it when people gain advantage by hacking the game during wi-fi.
thats about it so far.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:22 pm
In Combat Hall? I don't think so.

Yeah, you should only play with people you know on MPH. It got hacked a while ago.  

Waynebrizzle

Chromatic Blur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:48 am
Waynebrizzle

Yeah, you should only play with people you know on MPH. It got hacked a while ago.
A while ago?

MPH always has, and always will be hacked.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:31 am
yeah... AR made MPH no fun over general WiFi.

Sad.  

QuestionableMeatProducts

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:18 am
I knew it! companies shouldn't allow devices like that to be used on systems, they need to try and get a new technology law made that bans that kind of crap, games are much easier to play nowadays and shouldn't to be cheated. I couldn't beat any of the old metroid games, but when they came out with fusion and prime it was easy, even on the hard difficulties.

:Edit: as of this moment, i'm going to nintendo and writing a letter, and hopefully i'll be in the next NP mag. we'll see what they think and what they might do.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:38 pm
Sweet Squall!!

If Nintendo Power would have sent me my magazines by now that I ordered with my subscription and I'm supposed to get LoZ: TP guide LoZ:TP soundtrack. That I still haven't gotten

I'll be looking for that article!

((oh yeah anyone have anything to tell me about why they haven't sent me my magazines and it's been 2 months?))  

Kiba_Inu

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Fireonimusha
Waynebrizzle

A while ago?

MPH always has, and always will be hacked.

Well, there were the golden days, when it first came out. . .

Ah, it was so awesome. Nobody knew how to be cheap with a character's special ability and ran around like idiots in general. You can still get great matches by going against people you know though.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:12 pm
yeah but most of those people are never on when I am, so it's almost like I have no choice. the only thing I can play on wi-fi without cheaters is tetris. it's sad.  

Xilo The Odd

Card388

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:28 pm
~Squall_Mage~
in combat hall with 4 players on wi-fi, is it possible to get both the cloak and deathball? if not then someone cheated me and a bunch of people with an AR.

i think they cheated on you cuz i play wireless with my sis with DL play(DL play rocks XD) and i i didn't find any cloak(unless its trace) or Deathhaul  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:34 pm
~Squall_Mage~
I knew it! companies shouldn't allow devices like that to be used on systems, they need to try and get a new technology law made that bans that kind of crap, games are much easier to play nowadays and shouldn't to be cheated. I couldn't beat any of the old metroid games, but when they came out with fusion and prime it was easy, even on the hard difficulties.

:Edit: as of this moment, i'm going to nintendo and writing a letter, and hopefully i'll be in the next NP mag. we'll see what they think and what they might do.
AR is illigal.

Quote from Nintendo's terms of service (I read the entire thing out of boredom, yes I'm serious)

"..User can not use cheats that are not preincluded in the game..."

Meaning Gameshark, AR, etc, is all illigal for DS and upwards.  

Saphira Elu

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:40 pm
then why havn't the companies been busted? (retoricle, and just relized the stupid question I asked was stupid.... seriously.....) because the console makers fear that by ridding themselves of these sins their sales will drop, because we all know that their is always going to be a d**k dastardly gamer out there that will crave these things.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:23 am
Nintendo should get ALOT of letters about that.

I worry for when they make an AR for the Wii.

God I hate cheaters....  

QuestionableMeatProducts

Whiter and Nerdier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:25 pm
AR/Game shark should be illegal only on online play. It should be ok in one player to see what kind of crazy crap you can do, but it's just not fun on WiFi  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:55 pm
yeah like the jump cheat on AC for the cube, I was like a ninja! (I know i'm griping bout the AR but its good for nonmultiplayer.) besides, all they would have to do is outfit the servers with devices that would check the games active coding to see if it matches the data base, and if it doesn't, the person will be kicked from the game, and lose points as if he turned it off. lol that would show em.  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:27 pm
The best time to play an online game is as soon as it comes out. Otherwise, you get attacked by elitists and hackers. Hacking a game is fine, you can have fun with that. But not hacking it to win against other people. Not so that you can make other people lose. That's not right.  
Wi-Fi Connection

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff