Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
CNN's Discrimination Against Atheists. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:59 pm
Even though I get a little pissed off at the people attacking the Atheists, I am still happy that our side is finnally being fought intelligently on mainstream television by Atheists and Atheist supporters. This is not to say that the program isn't baised, but just by acknowledging the issue, they have opened the door for more Atheists to stand up and be heard. They had a special repport last night that had some very intelligent Atheists stating well formed arguments, but I can't find the video for it yet. Found it!

Here are some of the episodes. I suggest keeping an eye and an ear out for more of them. I'll post more as I find them.

And here are more reports about Atheists in the news that aren't the D.A.A. series.

As much as the Theists' arguments make my ears bleed, I am so happy this is finally being brought out in the open. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:32 pm
WTF? The debate. The only one who understands is the black guy. How about the blonde chick? I wonder what redneck state she comes from? Yeah, okay. Christian nation-- whatever. But we're free to practice our own beliefs. So we're NOT affiliated with any religion. F*cking Christ. What a bunch of hypocrites.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:28 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/redirect.php?r=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiyJzWy3CDQ That Revernd pisses me off stressed "Ware do you get your morals from?". I don`t need some book to tell me how to live my or tell me whats right or wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:58 pm
That's horrible! They shouldn't do that, after all, there is the first amendment. Plus, it's a free country, they really shouldn't be doing that to people, no matter what reliogion!  

russiangal367

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:21 pm
"Militant Atheism."

What about militant theism? Seems a lot more extreme than just asking for fair acknowledgement of our beliefs. The fact that people actually pushed others out so much because of their nonsecular beliefs makes me... just... furious. How can someone oppress and then be surprised when the oppressee fights back?

That woman in the second video, the black woman, shes really irritating... Why? Because she doesn't seem to realize what the man does. That its our right to argue. Just as much as it is hers to argue. And no, christmas cards won't appease the masses. Because if there was prayer in schools (her main focus I've noticed) and a child chose not to pray, they'd be discriminated against. Ostracized because they decided not to pray to a god they may or may not believe in. Not only that but, as the other woman said, this is a christian country. But! Its only a christian country in the sense that majority of the founding fathers were Protestant and also that... what... 70%? of the population is christian, as we know it, today. The problem is, is that they aren't accounting for the other religions. Sure, the white woman (who speaks out the side of her mouth and sounds funny), said that atheists seem to be christian haters. Maybe because the main focus of the religious banter comes from the christian side. Because its christians who seem to be the main componant of ostrasizing the other minorities IN THIS COUNTRY. How can you say "Yeah, its a christian country" and then turn around be like "Gee, wonder why they're bashing the christians..." Well, huh.

Yeah, thats just what I've thought so far but I really need to go do some things. I may rant again later, gomen.

ARG! I just finished it, nevermind, must rant now. Okay, so the white-odd-speech woman said that atheists aren't strong... Okay, and that Europe is becoming Islamist.... because they're straying from god.... Now, lets think... What country(s) can we think of that have as strong of beliefs as America in a god...? Um... The middle east? The... ISLAMIC COUNTRIES! How does one say atheists, those who chose to NOT believe in god, are just people of islamic nature? I... don't... GET IT!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:27 pm
I can see it frustrates you guys as much as it does me, however, I assure you there have been more recent additions where the Atheist's side is argued by some very intelligent Athiets, I just can't find the video for them yet. But so far I agree with every post. And PickleGirl, you and me, we're gonna start an Atheist army! With pickle badges!  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:06 pm
PickleBoy
"Militant Atheism.Anything"

Yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:52 pm
It's kind of ironic that CNN was founded by someone who once called someone else a "Jesus Freak", isn't it?  

The MoUsY spell-checker

cabbage3

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:30 pm
Bullshit. The least accepted groups are wiccans, pagans, and satanists because of misunderstanding.

This happened in Mississippi. I am in no way surprised.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:07 am
cabbage3
Bullshit. The least accepted groups are wiccans, pagans, and satanists because of misunderstanding.

This happened in Mississippi. I am in no way surprised.

Most Christians lump Pagans in with the Atheists. Why? They're both heathens, of course.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Niveous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:40 am
ahhh......pickles....your rant hurt my head a little.

Then I remembered something.

"Militant Christians age like fine milk"

Give them enough time to talk an everything in the room will smell funny for weeks.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:33 pm
My rant made your head hurt? Sorry, I'm not very organized when it comes to baring my anger. Its rather... unorganized actually.

And... YAY! PICKLE BADGES! twisted *luvelles on Dathu* w00t! I'm so excited! blaugh  

PickleBoy

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:47 pm
There need to be more people like that black ESPN sports analyst. 3nodding He was the only one who had a trace of intelligence in his body.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:38 pm
Finally! I found the good one with Richard Dawkins, and an Atheist woman. Dawkins gets to speak his mind without interuption, but the woman has to deal with idiot theists. stare  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:33 am
Blasphemize
There need to be more people like that black ESPN sports analyst. 3nodding He was the only one who had a trace of intelligence in his body.

Hear hear!  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces