Submit

Ally Os

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:30 pm
First off, welcome to the guild!

You can post how much or little you want to about yourself. Just remember Gaia's rule of no addresses or phone numbers. It would be nice if you at least post how long you've been doing it Ballet, and if you do pointe. Feel free to post the other dancing you do if you do any 3nodding

Do NOT chat in here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:26 pm
Name: Erin
Dancing History: Ive been dancing for around 5 years now, I started with folklorico. This style of dance comes from Mexico. I did this for three years. Two years ago I found my true passion, Flamenco. This style of dance hails from Spain. I love Flamenco, I hope to continue studying and dancing for a long time. biggrin
Folklorico pictures:

User Image User Image

Flamenco pictures:

User Image
User Image

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

~neko neko kitty~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:39 pm
Hi, I'm Naomi, I'm twenty and I've been dancing for 16 years now. I started with ballet, and after a couple years, and seeing my Grandma sing and dance (she's Japanese) I moved to Okinawa there I learned Eisa and Taiko drumming. Right now I'm not dancing due to a severe back and knee issue. Umm I also danced tap, jazz, swing, some ballroom, and I took a couple of hip hop classes. I'm also a craftster I knit, crochet, bead, make jewelery, sew, and I hope to soon be able to make clothing, especially lolita clothing. I"m nearing the realm of babbling so I'll stop now.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:03 am
Hey i'm Cat. I do Irish dancing ((yes the one like Riverdance...sort of)) and have been doing it for almost 10 years, actually i'm not that sure, i've kind of lost count. I absolutely love it. All except for the wigs, which are just hideous, but oh well, lol.  

madhatie

Icey Kisses

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:44 am
I'm probably going to be the odd one out here, since I could well be the only one doing Scottish highland dancing, but oh well!! Lol I've been dancing for about 7 years now and I used to compete in National competitions but I got bored of them so now i do shows, galas, highland games etc.
These are the types of dancing I do!!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
^^ Highland Dancing
^^ Irish/Celtic
^^ Cheerleading!! heart

I also do jazz but couldn't find a good picture stressed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:05 am
hi to all
I have done a little of everything but for the purpose of this guild I have done Irish Dancing  

` PETERS

MilkCognac

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:57 am
Hiya there everyone, An-chan here. I've been doing Irish dancing only about 4 months, but I've learned things fast and even danced in a show once. The group I'm dancing in is Hollola's Ă“ga, a juniorgroup in larger group named Iiris. But these two weeks I couldn't go to lessons because my friend has been sick and I can't go to Hollola if her parents aren't driving us. : I hope I can go there tomorrow.

(picture's dancers are dancers of Iiris...)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:54 am
Hi... I'm Alissa Jane (AJ) I've been dancing for only 4 years. I love Irish Dancing. (which is what I do) I personally think I'm doing great^^ I'm 13 and started Irish dancing when I was 9. Wow, that's seems like a long time from now... I may or may not be able to dance this year because the dance studio I take lessons at went out of business. I did hip hop dancing for a year when I was 10-11, but couldn't afford to take hip hop and Irish at the same time when I was 12. I did competitive Irish dancing for only a year when I was 12. I hope to continue dancing, even if it means going to a different studio.  

dah-weird-one

Tari Linwe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:37 pm
hi my name is maeve. i am an irish dancer and have been dancing since i was 5, i think thats like 13 years(im 18 now, you can do the math). im not all that great but i love it. ive been in so many feis' and parades i have lost count. i have met some of my best friends at dancing. one of my good friends and i are going to move up to the adult dancers because we have realized that our dresses do not fit us any more and we do not need to buy a new one because it is just to expensive and it is easier to just wear a skirt and blouse. we also realized that the younger dancers are way to competative and we just dance to have fun. my mom started me in irish dancing so that i could be better balanced. i think it has worked. i have been with the murphy Irish Dancers in the SF Bay Area this whole time. like i said before i love it! i do not currently have any photos of me dancing on my computer but u can always go to my profile and click on my webpage and go to the irish dancing part. i have not really had time to update it lately but i will soon.
heart Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:16 am
Hey everyone! I love to dance. I love ballet, tap, jazz, well pretty much every type of dance there is out there. However, my favorite dance is Irish Dance, I am not currently dancing right now, because I am looking for a studio to dance at (If you know any good ones PM me and let me know please). I am also a cheerlaeder at my school, and I love it. If any of you need a friend let me know I am here for all of you.  

Inusit14

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:41 pm
My name is Meaghan, I'm 17, and I have been bellydancing in my bedroom for about a year now. I'm unable to find a studio or gym with classes in my area (of course, I haven't looked very hard because I probably couldn't afford it if I found one), so I stick to books and DVD's. I am a fanatic crafter, and have to have some knitting or crocheting with me at all times so I have something to do with my hands. I will be working at the local Renaissance fair this September selling knitted drawstring pouches and dead rat coasters, the latter being inspired by my uncle and the excessive amount of Monty Python that my family watches.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:15 pm
I'm Abigail. Or Abby because that sounds just a teensy bit more masculine. I'm 17, I started dancing when I was 4. My specialties are ballet and conteporary which I started out with. Over the years I've done a bit of everything. Currently I'm learning more ballet and contemporary, but also started ballroom and hip-hop 4 years ago.

Dancing is one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world.

I learn at my boarding school which has a wonderful dance program (its not a dance school). I have a different personal coach for each dance except for ballet and contemporary I have a coach between the two.

My parter is a close friend of mine who I've been dancing with since I was 10.  

mulemuch123

The Artful Dodger`
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:48 pm
My name is Mackenzie (Mac), and I've been in ballet since September 06. I'm fifteen, and live in a small town. I regret not being in ballet when I was younger, but no one can turn back the clock, eh? =]

I've been bellydancing for three years, and perform a lot. Just this Wednesday I got in the paper for performing at a hockey game last Saturday. =]

I love ballet, but I suck. My turnout is abismal and I'm not very light on my feet, but I kick butt at bourés. =D
I'm more of a Lyrical girl (Also since September), probably because it's much more flowy and stuff.

Dance and music are my life, and when I move out of this town, I hope to make it into a career, somehow. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:52 pm
Amy Dolph

Ballet years: 11

teachers: Natalie Krossavska, Stenova and Norma Shields

Sisters: Victoria teaches ballet Stephanie is in the Rockets

Solos: Giselle

other: Love ballet, helped me get my weight down. I'm healthy now, I use ballet principles in everyday life and it helps me look sexy and elegant at the same time.  

Sayuki S

ryanbud

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:36 pm
Hello,
I'm Ryan,
Im 14 (since the end of February)
I've been dancing since I was seven,
So about seven years.
My dance school is fairly new, eight years,
I am in the senior class, (we do the ballet sylabus from R.A.D.), we are in grade seven ballet)
I take 4 ballet classes and one pointe (though I am not on pointe, it's just to strengthen my feet)
I take a jazz class, modern, tap, hip-hop, lyrical and also a cardio/stretching class for fitness!
So in a way, dancing is my life... whee  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces