got one!
  got two or more ;)
  i wish
  no i don't think so.
  lemme see!
View Results

emohawk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:13 am
alright. i'm currently in the process of getting my second tattoo done. it's a leg tattoo that wraps around my ankle and continues up my leg for 12-ish inches (can't find my tape measure). but i've only gotten less than half the line work done. and i need a question answered,

How do i keep my leg from twitching so very much?

right now most of my lines are kinda shakey. and my tattooist will just have to go over them again to get them nice (she's such a perfectionist). it's gonna be beautiful but i want to get as much of it good as possible the first time around if that makes any sense.

pics to follow when i get the rest of my lining done next saturday.

EDIT: A pic of my leg, you can't see the peripherals of the tattoo, but it's still a good pic. Still alot to do, The final design will extend to about 1-2 inches above that eye. and it'll be coloured too. razz the eye won't be sitting all my itself like it is now.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:22 pm
If it's possible, try to brace your foot against something. The tension might help. I try and wiggle my toes to stop squirming so much, but I haven't had a leg tattoo before.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

emohawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:44 am
`dagon
If it's possible, try to brace your foot against something. The tension might help. I try and wiggle my toes to stop squirming so much, but I haven't had a leg tattoo before.
razz i'll try bracing it. XD i don't think i'm physically able to wiggle my toes. i was thinking of bringing something to distract myself. but i dunno. reading a book or something while getting tattooed seems a lil bit tacky to me. maybe i'lll bring someONE to distract me.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:00 pm
I have never had a leg tattoo before, but I have heard about how much they twitch.
The only tattoo I ever really twitched on was my chest.

Just try to stay as still as possable when the needle in in then let yourself twitch when its out, thats what I did for my chest...  

Artimus_Twitch

emohawk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:20 am
Artimus_Twitch
I have never had a leg tattoo before, but I have heard about how much they twitch.
The only tattoo I ever really twitched on was my chest.

Just try to stay as still as possable when the needle in in then let yourself twitch when its out, thats what I did for my chest...
that makes sense. seems it would take alot of self control. heart i'll try all the suggestions given to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:18 pm
Well, my biggest work was on my leg, full pice up to my knee, and got another 3 on the other leg. Twitching happens, you just have to learn to control it. If you feel there is no way you can, tell the tattooist to lay back one sec, move your toes around and get back to it. Most important, move you leg whenever you get a chance (ie. when the needle isn't in) and breath right when it is... Sounds a lil much but I didn't twitch once when the needle was in and my work was quite a few 5 and 6 hour sets. Twitching also happens more from my experience while doing lines, the smaller the needle the more you twitch, so when you get into colouring / filling or what ever you are doing there, it won't be as bad.  

qiU

emohawk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:25 pm
qiU
Well, my biggest work was on my leg, full pice up to my knee, and got another 3 on the other leg. Twitching happens, you just have to learn to control it. If you feel there is no way you can, tell the tattooist to lay back one sec, move your toes around and get back to it. Most important, move you leg whenever you get a chance (ie. when the needle isn't in) and breath right when it is... Sounds a lil much but I didn't twitch once when the needle was in and my work was quite a few 5 and 6 hour sets. Twitching also happens more from my experience while doing lines, the smaller the needle the more you twitch, so when you get into colouring / filling or what ever you are doing there, it won't be as bad.
ah yes, line work is the worst. v_v my second appointment was postponed til tomorrow. hope i'm up to it. and i hope all these suggestions razz or at least one really good one will work. i can't wait though. i love tattoos. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:37 am
Good luck! I wish I could get something, so broke... crying  

qiU

emohawk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:01 pm
UPDATE: went today for my second session. and after a while of sitting and waiting we got started. we just cleaned up some of the lines i already have and then added the little bits of fill. and thanks you all your suggestions, It went marvelously. even though it was awesome, she said i'd still need to go back for 3 more sittings. 3nodding it's a very involved piece, and i'm terribly in love with it. heart  
Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games