Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Life and ants. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:38 pm
Today I was washing the dishes and I found a line of ants marching into the sink. They had seemingly found a bountiful harvest of crumbs and spaghetti sauce beneath my plates and silverware. I payed them no mind at first. Ants are slightly easier to wash off then the usual scum that resides on the plates and pans. But I slowly grew annoyed by them. I can't say why they got to me though. Perhaps it was their attitude; They only fled as far as they needed to before returning to their hunt. They had this amazing unexplained perseverance about them. Even when I washed them away with an ocean of searing water, that would claim dozens at a time, they would still come. Their hunt, it seemed, was much more imperative then their lives.

I Think it bothered me that they could continue to pester me when I could so easily destroy them. I was as an immortal before them, and yet they still lived on. That's probably why my effort compounded. As if my washing away their crops and boiling them when their only crime was life was not bad enough, I proceeded to spraying down the counter with what must have felt like acid to them. At first my wrath was tempered, and my only task was to wipe away the coffee stains on the edge; But again I spotted them, this time marching where the wall met the tiles. My malice was then rekindled. I was determined to discourage these pests. Orange liquid flooded the counter and after minutes every black dot that had previously plagued my home was still.

After I dried this flood, my chore was over. Finally, I could leave the kitchen and relax. Somewhere deep within me I felt a minuscule air of accomplishment. But then, I spotted him. Very near the end of the counter, fleeing with all the power it's little legs could muster, was an ant. It was the only survivor left. I reached over quickly with my index finger stretching after him. But Something stopped me, and my hand recoiled.

An instant before I could land that final blow, I imagined myself in the ant’s place. I began to think about how scary it must be to witness a titan's wrath and I became conscious of how capricious I must have appeared.

As bothered as I was by the onslaught of scavengers overrunning my neat little counter, I still needed to pity them. For, what hope do we have in this world if we, the most powerful and dangerous of beings, find it necessary to go around killing things just because we can?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:36 pm
Wow...

That is the most interesting take on a line of ants I've ever seen in my life.

-applauds-

Spastic waffles
Captain

NovaKing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:37 pm
Spastic waffles
Wow...

-applauds-

hehe thanks. -bows-

[ dashes are much cleaner than asterisks -thoughtful-]  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:38 pm
NovaKing
Spastic waffles
Wow...

-applauds-

hehe thanks. -bows-

[ dashes are much cleaner than asterisks -thoughtful-]
I 'gree.  

Spastic waffles
Captain

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:04 pm
Even though.. I despise ants.. This got me thinking. I will still kill the evil red ants... since they bite and sting.. But while reading this I imagined the little black ants.. sugar ants as I call them.. and i dont believe I could ever bring myself to kill them so ruthlessly again.

Very good with perspective.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:08 pm
Tak-Jak
Even though.. I despise ants.. This got me thinking. I will still kill the evil red ants... since they bite and sting.. But while reading this I imagined the little black ants.. sugar ants as I call them.. and i dont believe I could ever bring myself to kill them so ruthlessly again.

Very good with perspective.

tak jak your back!!!! and thank you.  

NovaKing

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:10 pm
I never left. Im always around to save your butt from Kirby's wrath.. lol No I was just a little.. come in look around no commenting. I was never big on commenting too much anyways.. It was a special thing to get a detailed comment from me.. so enjoy it. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:20 pm
Tak-Jak
I never left. Im always around to save your butt from Kirby's wrath.. lol No I was just a little.. come in look around no commenting. I was never big on commenting too much anyways.. It was a special thing to get a detailed comment from me.. so enjoy it. razz

-hugs the comment- thanks! and thanks for saving me from kirbs -looks around nervously-

[dont tell her i complained!!!!!!!! -Cries- ]  

NovaKing

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 pm
lol You're insane  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:50 pm
I like that. The message was good, and I can't find anything to harp over. Two thumbs up. 3nodding  

Voxxx

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:20 pm
Voxxx
I like that. The message was good, and I can't find anything to harp over. Two thumbs up. 3nodding

-Blinks- -momentary silence-

-is about celebrate-

-stops-

-takes out his plausibility interference head phones-

-reads again-

WOOOT!

[chuckles]  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:39 pm
xp  

Voxxx

Merenwen99

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:32 pm
This was lovely in a disturbing sort of way. . . Not the bad disturbing that makes you want to gag, but the good disturbing that makes you think. Something similar happened to me once with a fruit fly. It landed on a page of my textbook and I got mad for some unexplained reason. I closed the textbook, squishing it . . . Then I thought about what I’d done . . . and I cried a little. Crazy little things, bugs are.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:50 pm
I'm he-ere!

And I'm never letting this one go. How could you kill ANTS? What did they ever do to you?

I love ants.

But I thought they couldn't drown...

Oh yeah. HOT water.

evil

You are evil.

-rawrz-

(dashes ARE cooler)

I have a pet mosquiot named Jose. I got beat up over him.

Long story.

But he died. gonk  

KirbyVictorious

Merenwen99

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:48 pm
KirbyVictorious
I'm he-ere!

And I'm never letting this one go. How could you kill ANTS? What did they ever do to you?

I love ants.

But I thought they couldn't drown...

Oh yeah. HOT water.

evil

You are evil.

-rawrz-

(dashes ARE cooler)

I have a pet mosquiot named Jose. I got beat up over him.

Long story.

But he died. gonk
This one time I nearly got beat up over some lightning bugs . . . but I apparently intimidated the person who was offending them . . .  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff