Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Dealing w/ Fellow fans.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Encountered an uneducated Sailor Moon fan?
  oh lord yes....too many to count....
  only a few
  no, cant say that i have
  i AM the uneducated Sailor Moon fan.
View Results

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:06 pm
ok. i'm in a little argument. i copied the whole post.

misunderstood_arturo
kawaiibunny3
misunderstood_arturo
kawaiibunny3
ravyn_13
actulay sailor moon was banned 'cuz if you read the manga its like all henti and tthe sailor stars turn to men and lots of lesbeian sex....

BANG!

i just shot your post of BS, there's no hentai or lesbian sex, and the Starlights were girls to begin with, the male side WAS. A. DISGUISE.
yes possibly but theres two sides to the orginal storyline of the starlights they were actually raised as princesses but they were actually boys i found out when i went to japan and yes there is no hentai of sailor moon crap thats a bunch of BS

*slaps myself in the forehead* No....

MANGA------Sailor Starlights come to Earth. They wanna find Princess Kakyuu. They disquise themselves as boys and become a boy band to try and catch Princess Kakyuu's attention.

ANIME-------pretty much the same as the manga. except, the "Earthling" part is totally male and they turn back into women when they transform.

I have the manga, i have the StarS season. i read/watch both on a regular basis. i think i KNOW what happens.

READ THE ONE FROM JAPAN WHAT CHU READ AND WATCH IS AN EDITED VERSION I HAVE THAT ONE TOO BUT ITS NOT THE STORY GO TO JAPAN AND READ THE ORGINAL

so yeah. just taking a bit of a poll here. which answer is correct.

if you don't have an answer. then just talk about other encounters you've had w/ Sailor Moon fans. have you ever gotten into an argument?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:30 pm
I know what you mean. Though for some they're generally accepting but that's just ignorant.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Mrs DelaRosa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:53 am
What the heck was up with ravyn_13? That was a strange idea. I wonder where they got that from?

Kinda Scary.

I completely agree with you, Kawaiibunny. I've read the manga and watched the anime over and over. But I have never read the Japanese version (as I don't know Japanese lol) Have you? 'Cause maybe misunderstood_arturo is right. (I doubt it!!!) But maybe... **shrug** you never know.

But then, why would the English manga change from the japanese translation... ya know? But then again, The english dubbed anime changed a lot, so who knows how much changed with the manga.

HOWEVER

I still think that you, Kawaiibunny, are right!

It's just an interesting thought.
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:23 am
Dyna C Olio
What the heck was up with ravyn_13? That was a strange idea. I wonder where they got that from?

Kinda Scary.

I completely agree with you, Kawaiibunny. I've read the manga and watched the anime over and over. But I have never read the Japanese version (as I don't know Japanese lol) Have you? 'Cause maybe misunderstood_arturo is right. (I doubt it!!!) But maybe... **shrug** you never know.

But then, why would the English manga change from the japanese translation... ya know? But then again, The english dubbed anime changed a lot, so who knows how much changed with the manga.

HOWEVER

I still think that you, Kawaiibunny, are right!

It's just an interesting thought.
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Lemme put it this way, I know for certain that person ain't right. *knows too many Moonies that read the stuff in japanese or can translate it.*

None of them dispute that the Starlights are female 24/7. And Coupled with a qoute from Naoko about only females are called *Sailors* (that doesn't mean that males -can't- be Sailor Senshi they're just not called Sailors)...I doubt it. I think this one is only looking at the Anime version really.

I heard some really screwy Moonie N00bs before. One even claimed that the manga came *after* the anime. (that's crap I know but still).

I think this one might be a youngester that hasn't been in the SM community too long.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Mrs DelaRosa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:42 pm
haha too true!

Manga after the anime?!

wtf? <---- can we say that?! sweatdrop

this whole thing is funny.

-----
I don't consider myself a Sailor Moon noobie at all though... (so that's a good thing)

I started watching the anime since the first episode aired on Toonami back in 98 ... 99?? And I read the manga since then too.

**shrug** but I have been known to screw up info sometimes! LOL so if i do don't be afraid to correct me.
-----

As far as the whole starlights thing goes. I know from the manga they were women dressed as men and that Naoko was p/o-ed that it was changed in the Anime 'cause she said only women can be sailors!

**whispers** guess what... I've even heard people claim that Tuxedo Mask is the real Sailor Earth! O.o

**snaps fingers** He Ain't no sailor! but there is no sailor for earth because he is earth's guardian. As said by Naoko.

^^^^^^^ but that's another thing I've disputed with "moonie" fans.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:50 pm
kawaiibunny3
ok. i'm in a little argument. i copied the whole post.

misunderstood_arturo
kawaiibunny3
misunderstood_arturo
kawaiibunny3
ravyn_13
actulay sailor moon was banned 'cuz if you read the manga its like all henti and tthe sailor stars turn to men and lots of lesbeian sex....

BANG!

i just shot your post of BS, there's no hentai or lesbian sex, and the Starlights were girls to begin with, the male side WAS. A. DISGUISE.
yes possibly but theres two sides to the orginal storyline of the starlights they were actually raised as princesses but they were actually boys i found out when i went to japan and yes there is no hentai of sailor moon crap thats a bunch of BS

*slaps myself in the forehead* No....

MANGA------Sailor Starlights come to Earth. They wanna find Princess Kakyuu. They disquise themselves as boys and become a boy band to try and catch Princess Kakyuu's attention.

ANIME-------pretty much the same as the manga. except, the "Earthling" part is totally male and they turn back into women when they transform.

I have the manga, i have the StarS season. i read/watch both on a regular basis. i think i KNOW what happens.

READ THE ONE FROM JAPAN WHAT CHU READ AND WATCH IS AN EDITED VERSION I HAVE THAT ONE TOO BUT ITS NOT THE STORY GO TO JAPAN AND READ THE ORGINAL

so yeah. just taking a bit of a poll here. which answer is correct.

if you don't have an answer. then just talk about other encounters you've had w/ Sailor Moon fans. have you ever gotten into an argument?

I REALLY doubt that the manga from Japan says any different from what you said. The art is the same, although the conversation can be edited, depending on who translates it. I know Sailor Moon's translation was good, though. Besides, if she can find any Sailor Moon manga in a store in Japan then I'm amazed.  

hoshinoame

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:56 pm
the thing that made me so mad about his post though, was that he said the Starlights were "Princesses", which, there is no record of it saying in ANY adaption of SM that they are princesses (unless it's hidden in some sera myu musical, but everything else i'm 100% sure they never say it)

and then i tried to tell him that he was wrong. then throws back a "well I went to Japan so my knowledge must pwn your knowledge" statement, which i absolutely hate statements like that.

and...agh...it's making me angry just thinking about it....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:01 pm

I don't even bother arguing, really.

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

User_8572

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:11 am
kawaiibunny3
the thing that made me so mad about his post though, was that he said the Starlights were "Princesses", which, there is no record of it saying in ANY adaption of SM that they are princesses (unless it's hidden in some sera myu musical, but everything else i'm 100% sure they never say it)

and then i tried to tell him that he was wrong. then throws back a "well I went to Japan so my knowledge must pwn your knowledge" statement, which i absolutely hate statements like that.

Oh Kawaiibunny-chan... I feel your pain, seriously - why are people SO freaking stubborn when it comes to realizing they are WRONG! Yeah, I've seen everything SM and read everything... I second Luamervara's idea that this is a chitlin and they are new to the SM world, and of course they come out swingin. They are so sure that they are right that they can't even see beyond their own idiocracy- talk2hand  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:08 pm
Kawaki
kawaiibunny3

Oh Kawaiibunny-chan... I feel your pain, seriously - why are people SO freaking stubborn when it comes to realizing they are WRONG! Yeah, I've seen everything SM and read everything... I second Luamervara's idea that this is a chitlin and they are new to the SM world, and of course they come out swingin. They are so sure that they are right that they can't even see beyond their own idiocracy- talk2hand

**sings** "I second that emotion" redface  

Mrs DelaRosa

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:07 pm
i just left the starlights as they were....some things just are what they are O_o  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:24 pm
yeah its pretty sad

whee

Sailor-Rei

Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out