Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Gothic Lolita, anyone? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PiercedPrincess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:27 pm
I love the stuff in the Gothic Lolita bible and the Gosurori (think that's the right spelling). I found this website that has instructions on how to use and resize the patterns (for those of us not built like a Japanese teenager. xd ) if you don't speak Japanese! I was so excited I literally danced around the house. Just thought I'd share:

http://www.antipope.org/feorag/gosurori/

(Hey! I did spell it right!) ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:48 pm
That's awesome! I don't usually make much gothic lolita stuff, but I do costumes for theatre so I can never have too many ressources. Thanks alot!

Do you make lots of gothic lolita clothing? If so, do you have any pictures?  

curli

PiercedPrincess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:22 pm
curli
That's awesome! I don't usually make much gothic lolita stuff, but I do costumes for theatre so I can never have too many ressources. Thanks alot!

Do you make lots of gothic lolita clothing? If so, do you have any pictures?
I haven't yet. It's one of the reasons I was learning Japanese, actually. To be able to read the patterns. xd I know there are ones you can find here and adapt, but I just love the Japanese magazines. Now I have to start saving to go ahead and buy them! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:17 pm
My daughter's gone all loligoth.

I think she used that site to make herself a skirt already. And she looks in the standard pattern books for designs that can be altered to fit the loligoth style.  

Usagi Zendrake

acornio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:41 am
i made a short poofy dress with puff sleeves and cherries all over it, and i bought platform shoes to match, but its more little girlish than gothicy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:30 pm
Ooooh, fun! I've been looking for loli patterns, now I need to breakout the velvet and sew!  

the Rain Maker

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:50 pm
Many of the patterns in the EGLBs are really quite simple. I think what makes them loligoth is the things you add to them after basic construction. I've found that vintage 40-50's patterns make pretty good conversions into the EGL style. ^__~  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:21 pm
I've never seen any vintage patterns that I would really consider close to what I like. ^_^ I'm a fan of the much more complex fashions. I like the patterns in the Gosurori better than GLB, but I still LOVE GLB. So many extras and pics for ideas. I just wish it was easier to find the magazines. Back issues of Gosurori are especially hard to track down. confused  

PiercedPrincess

PiercedPrincess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:29 am
Since you mention other patterns though, for people looking to alter basic patterns, I suggest square dance patterns. The best ones I've seen are by Fann Burrus. They have one called Bag of Tricks that can make an entire wardrobe. ^_^

Lemme find the link.... here it is:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/drholmes/prom/promfann.htm  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:56 am
Ooh...squaredancing patterns. I hadn't thought of that-but you are right. That pattern is great! I think I'll have to get that soon.  

Umberella

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:22 pm
bump stare i guess  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:27 pm
*worships you* thankyou! i've been searching everywhere for a site like that! =)  

Maid Yakui

PiercedPrincess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:37 am
Blackening Rose
*worships you* thankyou! i've been searching everywhere for a site like that! =)
Glad someone else found some use for it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:07 pm
I love making gothic lolita clothes and accesories, I've only made them for myself in the past and have never used any patterns or anything (too much ADD, can't follow patterns).  

BabyLondonStar

PiercedPrincess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:07 am
I just bought two issues of Gosurori at an anime convention. It's pretty amazing. ^_^ $14 for about 20 patterns, I'd guess (each magazine). I didn't count. Mostly complex dresses, but lots of skirts, coats, jackets, and accessories too. One has plushies and SD clothing but I didn't get that one. Now I can't decide what to make first. ^_^  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff