piercings: but ears only
  piercings: <3
  tattoos: small and discreet
  tattoos: large and detailed
  T__T please don't make me decide
View Results

emohawk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:41 pm
oh my. well if you've read my other thread you'll remember that my conch piercings had become infected soon after i got them done. Well, i think that may have made me paranoid. I now have some scarring around the front of my top piercing and around the back of my bottom piercing, and i'm afraid that they might be migrating. They always hurt and it's starting to get on my nerves. when i wake up, i'm sometimes sleeping on them. I'm seriously considering removing them, even though the though makes me sad sad . Hmm i guess my question is is it safe to get them removed when they're not even close to being healed?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:56 am
That doesn't sound good at all.

Is the placement of the conchs correct? As in, they should go through the flat of your ear and not the hard prominant cartilage next to it.

If the latter is how your conchs sit then they'll never heal sad If this is the case, it's just best to remove them, wait for them to heal then go somewhere else and get them done.

Cross Eyed Mary

astrosnik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:14 pm
I'm not sure what jewelry you're using, but switching styles/material may help.
As long as they're not infected (any lymph is clear whiteish) you can simply remove the jewelry and allow them to heal. Salt-soaks are still a good idea to keep circulation in the cartilage and promote healing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:18 am
astrosnik
I'm not sure what jewelry you're using, but switching styles/material may help.
As long as they're not infected (any lymph is clear whiteish) you can simply remove the jewelry and allow them to heal. Salt-soaks are still a good idea to keep circulation in the cartilage and promote healing.

Perfectly right, let me just add a bit... Change to a Titanium Labret (if not a labret than at least get some Titanium jewelry, it heals much better), go to the shop if you think it will be a problem yourself.
Do LOTS of sea salt water soaks, I used to fill the cup all the way and just lay my head on it for like 10 min each side, not that comfortable, but hey....
Also remember never to touch them before washing your hands and keeping the area dry (use a cotton stick after the soaks).

Counches take a long time to heal, and it's very important to take care of them even after you think they are fine. Mine took over 4 month till they were actually healthy, if not more.  

qiU

apanda999

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:58 pm
You can also use Tea Tree oil 2 times a day instead of the sea salt soaks. Good luck! And give it some time and a fighting chance because after you take it out, you will regret it!

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games