Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Start of something. :O I might actually continue!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LiTTLExMiSSxSUiCiDE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:53 am
The crows swooped in and out of the shadows. Moonlight streamed through the trees, leaves rustling in the breeze. The suffocating silence was broken by the faint pitter-patter of bird feet and the clicking of beaks.
Ca-CAW!
She jumped. Where was she? The chilling breeze went right through her nightgown, sending shivers down her spine. Her bare feet found the dirt as she stepped out of the shadows.
What she saw caused her to wretch in horror. Bodies littered the grounds of the park, blood staining the dirt. The bodies were torn open, blood flowing freely from the wounds. They were fresh. A range of ages seemed to be lying in the moonlight; from what looked like a one-year-old child to an elderly man.
Aimee could only stare in horror as the crows swooped down, pecking at the eyeballs or fighting over a piece of skin on the ground. She quickly turned to a tree, holding her own hair back and vomiting over the roots.
Wiping her mouth, she looked up again. A shadowed figure stood maybe twnety metres away from her, holding what seemed to be a knife. She watched him fearfully from behind her tree as they raised the knife to their throat. She steeped back from the tree, hoping to close her eyes, but instead standing on a stick.
SNA-AP!
The branch cracked, the sound echoing in the deadly silence. The murderer looked up from where they were standing, lowering the knife. A cloud shifted, moonlight spilling even more brightly into the park. Aimee could now tell that the murderer was a man.
And that man was coming straight for her.
She turn to run, but found that she was frozen in fear. She blinked, hard, rubbing her eyes. The man had gone. Calming slightly but still on alert, Aimee took a step backwards. Her back hit something and she felt an arm snake over her shoulders and the cold blade of a knife on her neck. She opened her mouth to scream, but no sound came out. Her eyes closed as the knife pressed against her skin. She opened them.
Wait...Light? Sunlight? Breeze?

Thoughts? I've actually used onomatopoeia. Something is wrong with me, fellow writers. o_o
I NEVER use it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:21 pm
Good descriptiveness, but it lacked suspense.

I feel it should've had a lot more suspense for the type of story it was. And I would've liked it to be longer, to show how she got to the forest.

Spastic waffles
Captain

LiTTLExMiSSxSUiCiDE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:40 pm
Aha.
Perhaps I should have finished it. >_>

I'll edit in what I just wrote now.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:54 pm
I liked the ending. And the beginning. Very strong, in my opinion. But the description of the murderer is just a teensy bit lacking. Maybe trick him out a little more? Dripping blood? Red eyes?  

Voxxx

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff