Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
College minor/ double major

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Candy Store Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:30 pm
Asside from learning Ministry at Duke Divinity, what is another school to study theology?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:18 am
The majority of colleges have atlest theology and religon study classes. I can't think of any that are purely ministry though I know there are tons.  

banryuu

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:08 am
Yeah, almost all universities have religious studies programs.
A place for training to be a minister would be a seminary/ theological college. Are you looking for something that specific?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:00 pm
I want to major in an engineering feild currenty, but I wanted to know if you knew of any schools that have a very good divinty and engineering school.  

The Candy Store Massacre

_C r y s t a l_RB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:40 am
Perhaps some philosophy.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:08 pm
*Shudders* I know some philosophy might be required but I'm going to try an avoid it.  

The Candy Store Massacre

_C r y s t a l_RB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:43 pm
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Philosophy, granted you have a good professor, is an awesome class to take. I took a medical philosophy class in college. It basically went over the idea of active euthenasia, abortion, cloning, and other various issues in the medical field. I LOVED it. I wish I had signed up for the philosophy of religion class that was held right before it. Sometimes the stuff left over on the board looked like it would be awesome to discuss and debate about in class.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:34 pm
Yeah, I've been wanting to take a philosophy or religious studies class of some kind. :0

@martyr- Don't you have counselors or anything that might be able to help you narrow down your college searching? :0 I don't really know of a good way to actually find out about strong programs except maybe just start talking to people and making college visits, looking at their school sites or something. Your probably going to have to find the best schools for your main interest and then compare the rest of their programs.  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items