Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
A Song For Her

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:13 pm
This was written right here off the top of my head... No editing, no forethought, just what came to me. Judge it accordingly.

"And it breaks my heart to know the only reason you are here now is a reminder of what I'll never have...
I'll never have... I'll never...
"

A man sits alone playing a guitar. He places his fingers of the strings and presses down on certain places for the desired notes. He strums the guitar a few times before muting the strings with his palm and dropping his head. His mind begins to wander.

It's been over a month since she had passed. He still cried for her every day. In his delusion, he believes the only way to get her back is to play her song. When he can master that, he futilely believes that she will come back to him.

He begins to play again... the first few notes went fine, but by the seventh or eighth note, the string buzzed. That indicates that the finger is too close to the metal fret, preventing the note from ringing out correctly. He screams and throws the guitar at the wall, slinking down until he's almost laying on the bare wooden floor of his shitty apartment.

When his mind has cleared, he leans over and picks up the guitar again. The night wind moans through the trees as he attempts to play once more. His fingers are blistered and bleeding but despite the pain, he will not stop. Each note that passes is perfect. He smiles softly as the last notes ring out...

A loud bang at the door catches his attention. He grabs the guitar with his left hand on the neck, placing it in the small black stand that sits next to him. He stands slowly, running his right hand through his hair as he makes his way over to the door. His downcast eyes tediously rise to the door. His hand finds the door knob without having to look at it. With a quick twist of the wrist, he opens the door and steps back, eyes still pasted to the floor.

A long flowing black dress covered in dirt rubs against the floor. The broken heels barely cover the miscolored purplish blue feet and grey toe nails. His eyes widen as they slowly make their way from the feet to the face of the midnight visitor.

NO! This isn't right. I was wrong.

Or was I?

His face is an equal mix of trepidation and wonderment. She reaches out with her right hand. He reels back at first; apprehension covering his mind. He steps forward and lets her right hand caress his left cheek.

And then it all went wrong.

His eyes closed and he drops his head. Her loving brown eyes flash to black and her other hand grabs his right cheek. She squeezes for a moment before she snaps his neck.

In the morning when the neighbors step out of their apartments, they notice the door wide open. When they step inside, they'd never believe what they saw. The corpse of the man's lover lay next to his own, hands and fingers interlocked as they lay side by side. A rose was in his left and her right hands. A smile lay on his face as he rested in eternal peace with his lost lover.

"Here you stand seething with guilt.
Silence only justifies this act of cowardice.
With a short story, the one you add to daily, you are the tragic loss.
No story book ending for this fairy tale of you.
Just the one composed with blood taken from your pen that you hold in your lifeless hand.
Cry for you. Shed tears. Mourn. Wish the end. "

"For as much as I love Autumn,
I'm giving myself to Ashes.
"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:05 am
It's beautiful
Simply beautiful.  

LiTTLExMiSSxSUiCiDE

Gomenroia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:54 am
I think it's sad. That poem at the end. A piece of work that I could read repeatedly though. (Which rouighly translates to very enjoyable)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:47 pm
Thanks... I've gone through some sad and upsetting things in the past month and a half so... I guess this reflects those feelings.  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

Voxxx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:46 pm
crying You made me cry.

Anyways, I loved the song. Equally romantic and heartbreaking and just a leetle bit creepy, which is perfect 'cause I just got finished watching one of those long-lost love movies on God-knows-what channel where the stupid girl gets herself killed. It was great (the story, not the movie. Movie sucked.)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:04 pm
Aww... I made someone cry. Sadly, that makes me happy. That was kind of the feeling I was hoping for so... thankies!  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

shortstoriestragicendings

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:22 pm
I can give you freedom from your guilt,
With a flick of my wrist onto yours.
I can give you peace of mind with a forced smile.
I can give you death with the look upon my face.

Beautifully written, tragic and sad. Very nice symbolism with the roses in each of the dominant hands of the lovers. I love it  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:06 pm
Thanks... it's for you. As if you couldn't tell...  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff