Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Nerve!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:52 pm
I have to go to church with my grandmother every sunday ( twisted they have no idea about my views...) and the preacher started talking about how left-handed people are evil corrupted people. That really pisses me off.My grandmother was sitting right next to me, and she was buying it all. She's even left handed!
evil  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:02 pm
Oh. Chrsitians are ignorant about everything. Don't be pissed off. Take pride in knowing that you are more tolerant and a better person than they.  

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:52 pm
I'm willing to bet money that was part of a larger metaphor.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:59 pm
Lol I'm left handed. Yeah back in the middle ages the church said potatoes were evil.....and that was the only food they could harvest due to the intense cold...I think they were trying to kill more people.  

Llamalicious16

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:09 pm
Llamalicious16
Lol I'm left handed. Yeah back in the middle ages the church said potatoes were evil.....and that was the only food they could harvest due to the intense cold...I think they were trying to kill more people.

oh, yes. I be they would love to kill someone like me when they let it slip that that one person thinks they are a dumbasses. (Gosh, I'm cryptic)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:17 pm
u go to church every sunday and it kills u everytime doesn't it?  

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

_C r y s t a l_RB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:36 am
Ugh. I'm glad my family would rather go shopping and beat the churchies to their Sunday lunches out than go to church.

I think at this point in my life, you couldn't pay me enough to go listen to that BS, because I know I wouldn't be able to keep quiet in that pew.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:25 am
Like tenth speed said, do you really know the context it was said in? Did you ask about it to find out the truth? You've gotta be careful sometimes or you'll hear something and bend it according to assumptions you have about the person saying it.

Fenky
Oh. Chrsitians are ignorant about everything. Don't be pissed off. Take pride in knowing that you are more tolerant and a better person than they.

I used to be christian. My family is. My friends are. Most of the people I've known are. They aren't ignorant about everything and I'm not a better person than them.
That kind of statement that one kind of people is simple better than another isn't very tolerant, is it? How does making that kind of generalizing stereotype make you more tolerant and a better person? :0  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:30 pm
c a u s t i c
Like tenth speed said, do you really know the context it was said in? Did you ask about it to find out the truth? You've gotta be careful sometimes or you'll hear something and bend it according to assumptions you have about the person saying it.

Fenky

I used to be christian. My family is. My friends are. Most of the people I've known are. They aren't ignorant about everything and I'm not a better person than them.
That kind of statement that one kind of people is simple better than another isn't very tolerant, is it? How does making that kind of generalizing stereotype make you more tolerant and a better person? :0

I was listening, for once. Of course, I felt the need to let my anger out here, because It shouldn't make anyone angry. If I told people how I felt, I would be outcasted (if it's even a word), and belive it or not, based on our area, my mom could loose her job. I most certainly not a more tolerant person, except when they are in my face. That's when I'm tolerant. I just get so angry when people say that kind of thing, and then people buy it. That's all. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:34 pm
Where do you live that if you were 'excommunicated' so to speak, that your mom could loose her job? This is the 21st century, there are laws against that. (If not we have a court system)  

The Candy Store Massacre

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:50 pm
Dark_lord_15
c a u s t i c

Fenky

I was listening, for once. Of course, I felt the need to let my anger out here, because It shouldn't make anyone angry. If I told people how I felt, I would be outcasted (if it's even a word), and belive it or not, based on our area, my mom could loose her job. I most certainly not a more tolerant person, except when they are in my face. That's when I'm tolerant. I just get so angry when people say that kind of thing, and then people buy it. That's all. sweatdrop
I understand wanting to let your anger out and explain. xP
I was just wondering because it didn't sound at all like something that would be meant literally. :0  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:20 am
WTFWTFWTF. What year are they living in? That's some stupid old roman myth or some crap like that. Left-handed people are awesom. Left-handed people are the artists. And do you know why? Left-handed people's two sides of their brain tend to communicate better, so they understand themselves better than most people do!  

Prince Rilian

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff