Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Pre-Purple Stuff
Drabble House:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Now it has an example; That help a bit?
  Yuppers! Now I understand it.
  :stare: You'd better not expect them all that long.
  ... I... Don't get it...
View Results

Satyr Marsyas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:52 am
This is in a sense both a game and a way to practise your Roleplaying abilities. Basically what you do is the post above you contains a sentance or a paragraph explaining your situation or plotline. It could be anything and if your not comfortable with it; Its ok because you don't HAVE to post. For example something might go missing. Your character would have to either NOTICE it had gone missing or go on a little search to find it. It doesn't have to be a WALL OF TEXT if you don't want it to be. Its all up to you.

Rules:

+ PG13... Keep with Gaia TOS and Guild rules.
+ Post a plotline/ministory for the next character to tag along with.
+ It CAN be consecutive with the previous post if your unconfortable with the ministory/plotline request. But it doesn't HAVE to be consecutive.
+ I believe in the rule of thumb for this game however I'm not to strict on it; The rule of thumb is when you preview/ submit it its the width of your thumb in normal sized text in the LEAST.

Example:
You/r Character seem to have lost something.

What could you do with this?
Generally its simple and kept to about one or two sentances so people can freelance and bend it however they want. With this one you might be able to:
1. Say what the item was.
2. Say how they came to notice it was missing.
3. Say what they did to get it back/find it.
((Those are just some examples; of course you could come up with more or turn it into something completely different.))
Gawd, what time is it? She rolled over in her bed to look out her window. It seemed the weather today was going to be gloomy and wet. The weather normally wasn't like this this time of the year; however it was only in these last two or three days. Sighing heavily and dragging herself from her warm comfortable bed. Throwing on her usual leather outfit and opening her cabin door. Looking around and feeling odd for some reason. Belts... Feeling along her waist and nodding to herself. Check... Chain, purse and keys... She felt her top breast pocket and nodded to herself again. Check... Overcoat... She flicked out the collar to her thick... and warm black leather overcoat and nodding once more. Check. She knew that she was leaving her two favourite swords behind; There was really no need to carry around a heavy sword like the "blade of Awe" and she trusted her crew mates to not need her prised "Slasher". She left the room and locked it however unsure that she was missing something. It was only when Mila (Her older sister and the rig/knot master of the ship) had stormed past angrily. Assuming it had been another lost arguement with Rikain a more stubborn of the crew she sighed and kept walking. She was so distracted with Mila that she had bumped into Presso; Apologising and offering a hand up to the young lad. He seemed to be hiding something though... she gave him a strange look then carried off to the kitchen to cook breakfast. Opening up the kitchen door and looked around, the table was clean and tidy, the benches packed and tidy. This was her work place; Her skill, Her trade, her passion. Walking over to the pantry and getting out the pancake and muffin mix. Take them to the bench and putting them down beside the oven. Looking back at the dining table with a smile; That Presso lad... Well... at least he's learning. She picked up her black hat and put it on her head feeling truely herself again.

OF COURSE IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THAT LONG THOUGH!!! It's just that long because that came from a previous roleplay I was with... might introduce it into this guild later... depends how well HP kicks off...

You/r character find that theres an item that you want; however you have no currency to purchase the item.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:39 am
(I'm a bit unsure about this, but I'll give it a try. Let me know if I'm doing it wrong.)

You walk up to the counter and ask the shopowner if he would be willing to trade.

Maxtheninja

Satyr Marsyas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:18 am
(( Well yeah that was alright. Its more of a thing your meant to do with your roleplaying skills. Like maybe see what your character might want at the shop or how they interact and respond to the item/shopkeeper. But yeah ^w^' Should've put an example there shouldn't I?))

New one:
You/r character seem to be lost.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:37 pm
Johnna drove through the unfamiliar and empty-looking town, looking for street signs or any other kind of sign that might tell her where she was or how to get where she was going. "Damn, I shoud've taken the main highway," she said aloud. Pausing at a deserted intersection, she reached over and turned on the car radio and twisted the dial from one end to the other. She got nothing but static. She turned the radio off and looked up at the light. Still red. The roads were completely empty. No one would know if she ran this light. She hit the gas and felt the car zoom ahead, the wind whipping her hair around. A strange smell wafted into the vehicle, so she started to roll up the window. Halfway through the motion, however, the handle broke off in her hand, and she dropped it. It rolled under the seat, so she leaned down to pull it out. When she sat up and looked ahead, a man was standing in the middle of the dusty road about thirty feet in front of her. She slammed on the brake, and the car skidded to a halt. The man stood perfectly still. Breathing heavily, she looked around. The town looked like an Old West ghoat town with sun-baked dirt roads and dilapidated wooden shacks, all of them empty. Yet, this one man was standing in front of her as if he hadn't seen her. She decided to take a chance. She put the car in park, opened her door, and got out. "What town is this?" she shouted to the man. He stared at her without saying a word. "Can you hear me?" she yelled louder. Still no reply. She took a step toward him, and he didn't move. "Are you all right?" she asked. He moved to step forward but stumbled and fell backwards, landing on the ground with a thud. Panicking, she ran to his side and knelt down, yelling, "Are you OK? What's wrong?" She noticed that the horrid stench she had smelled earlier seemed to be coming from him. He grabbed her hand and pulled it to his face. His mouth opened, and she saw two rows of razor-sharp teeth. She struggled to get away and screamed, but he held tight and sunk his teeth into her arm. Before passing out, her final thought was "I should've taken the main highway."

((I was in a horror mood. sweatdrop ))

Your character finds a strange item in a hole in the backyard at night.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Satyr Marsyas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:45 am
Stupid idiot... What does he know? crossing her arms and storming off down the padocks, leaving the lights of the house far behind her. Everything was in tints of either blues or blacks and even the moon shine hadn't changed it. Stopping beside a tree and looking back at the faded light of the house and a soft and distant barking of a basset hound (dog). She really hated him, he didn't know what she meant, it's not like he was there, it's not like he could understand anything. Turning around tripping on the root of one of the tree's, landing face first in the leaves around the tree; a nice splatter of mud forming itself on her face. Looking up disgruntled and noticing how close she was to actually falling into the dried out stream and counting it as lucky, she could have fallen in and sprained something...

However though it was hidden by shadows the breaking of light though dorment leaveshad illuminated something. It was shiny yet dull at the same time (OXYMORON!!!), raising herself from the ground to a squat and staring at it. She wouldn't be able to tell exactly WHAT it was from here so she stood and crept towards it, taking extra caution not to trip (... Again). Standing above it, staring down. It was definitly metal... or at the very least metal plated. She still wasn't sure what it was and after tugging at the top of it trying to make it pull from the earths grasp she gave up. Frustrated even more then she was when her boyfriend kicked her out she kicked it on the side. There was a quick click of metal on metal, and then a howling scream of pain.

Never kick a bear trap...

Your character fails an important test.  
Pre-Purple Stuff

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces