Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Bizarre dreams involving Athiesm, anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:59 pm
I had the weirdest dream ever last night. For context, I went to a strict Lutheran Christian school from when I was five until fourteen. I spent so much time there that I memorized every detail of its small campus. Needless to say since I became a self-proclaimed Atheist at 10 it was Hell. Oh, before that it was unpleasant yes. I may not like abortion but that doesn't mean I enjoyed classes filled with propaganda photos of fetuses gripping at doctors and such. Nor did I like the "Okay, the gubbermint says I have to teach you evolution but just for your information it leads to Satan" curriculum.

Anyway, that's not the point.

Last night I had a bizarre dream that one of my former classmates and I got in an argument. Now, I remember what it was about but it was nonsensical dream drivel and wouldn't explain well at all. I ended up offending her and was pulled aside by several teachers and the pastor's 43-year-old daughter. I asked who she was and why I should be afraid and when she told me that she'd tell the pastor I blurted out "Well, that's okay. I don't believe in God anyway."

They all recoiled and I felt horrible. Not because I'd said it, but because it was in the context of me being arrogant and inflammatory to another student. Ergo, grounds for them to think that all Athiests are selfish and rude. I started apologizing but just made it worse. This is where it gets weird--anyone know of Truthseeker magazine? It was involved in one of American Athiests founder Madalyn Murray O'Hare's many, many lawsuits. My dad defended the sceptics' magazine against her in a case I can't seem to find anywhere on Wikipedia. If there's more interest I can ask him.

ANYWAY--the entire staff of the magazine and the now-dead O'Hair descended upon the school and declared a lawsuit. They encouraged my speaking out (which I had not) in a creepy display of anti-religious sentiment (which I'm uncomfortable with). The dream ended when they had left and I had to run the Hell away before the school staff kicked my a**.

It's weird, but considering how important Atheism is to myself and many here I found myself wondering how many people have had similar dreams. I wonder also if it speaks of intellectual narcissism razz

EDIT:The link adds a slash next to the apostrophe in O'Hair for some reason. Just edit it out if you want to read the article.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:15 pm
It may not be a dream about Atheism persay. But it is a reacuring dreams

Nuns chase me through Wal-mart. (I'm not even joking.)
Each time they chase me the are welding something differnts. (It has been chainsaws, Shotguns, Tire irons, Steel baseball bats, golf clubs and even bucher knifes.) Each time I try to run outside I'm hit by (a diffent type and color each time) car what doesn't change is its driven by atlest 15 pengins.

It was really bad when my grand ma had nuns from Kenya living in our house. The nuns in my dream had never caught me before. Lets just say it wasn't pretty.  

banryuu

Yami-no-Albedo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:58 am
I once dreamed I met Jesus... he was 7 feet tall, and running around the mall, handing everyone free cookies. I asked him what he was doing here... and he just started doing the wave with his arms and screeching at me. Then everyone else in the mall started yelling at me, saying I shouldn't have upset Jesus... they chased me out of the mall and I ran away. They all got on motorcycles (mind you, there's about 50 of them by now) and rode after me, shouting bible verses in Japanese. (I don't speak Japanese, but... well, it's my dream, so in there, I knew what it was) I finally got back to my house and ran up to my room on the second floor. I leaned my head out the window, and they had all parked outside my window. I tried reasoning with them, but then Jesus came, and screeched some more. Apparently he was giving them a command, because they all pulled out crossbows and started shooting at me. That's when I woke up.

Yeah, I have some strange dreams...  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff