Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Isn't it degrading? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gree

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:33 pm
I’ve been constantly bribed to make people moderators for my guild and I have to say, it’s rather degrading and rude to me. In fact, I made it one of my guild rules not to bribe me to make them moderators. XD

Does this happen to you a lot? How do you handle it? Do you think I’m just overreacting?
I really can’t stand it. .__.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:34 pm
If I were bribed something to make somebody moderators, first off, I'd tell them they're not following the rules of the guild. Second, bribery means that that person is not someone you can trust to be in that position. Third, if their behavior continues, give them a probation. My rule for probation is that they're limited to five posts and 0 topics per day. If they're behavior continues, feel free to ban them.

If someone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it. No, you're not overreacting. I haven't really had it happen, as I've got two crew for about a 50-55 person guild in which 20% of the members are active. But yeah, it can get annoying, and I've known some captains in my past guilds to become really ****ed at things like that.  

YYugi54

gree

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:05 pm
Lol, I'm glad you agree. I guess I could set my standard rules better too, such as the probation asset you mentioned. But, really, I haven't had anyone act up in my guild. Some not read the rules or something small, but nothing probation wise, I don't think. All I've every really had was people bribing me.

It just makes me so mad when people do that. Like I'm so greedy for gold, I'm willing to practically sell part of my guild and it's members to you. Blah. O___o

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:44 pm
I run an RP guild, and have had it for about a month. In this time frame, I've had a good 1,600 posts and 50+ members join. So far, I really haven't seen anyone act really bad in behaving; no bribes, no flaming, nothing... until last night, when I was off. Two members, one of whom was Crew, were arguing about the plot of one of the RPs. They would post some godmodding crap, and this kept up for about 15 posts before a third member quoted the rules and stopped it. That's the only misbehavior count I've seen. I think we're about even.

But yeah, even if I were questing for an Angelic Halo (and I'm not that crazy) and someone offered it to me to become crew, I'd deny them the chance to be one. Look on the bright side: They're not asking to be VC.  

YYugi54

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:15 pm
not that degrading..just..needy, heh beg-ful  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:09 pm
iori_lamia

Lol, I love your avatar. xD  

gree

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:10 am
The poor people are just seeking attention, they must not have much of a life, and this is their way of seeking attention. Maybe they feel that being a moderator will given them that little edge they need. I feel sorry for them.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:41 pm
I've never had that happen... kinda cool xd But well I just delete the PM o.o If it WERE to happen I mean >< I wouldn't even bother to respond blaugh  

churrlo

gree

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:55 am
churrlo
I've never had that happen... kinda cool xd But well I just delete the PM o.o If it WERE to happen I mean >< I wouldn't even bother to respond blaugh

Well who else am I going to rant to? You guys? rolleyes
Lol, j/k. You guys are great to rant about things to! Hope you don't mind. blaugh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:22 pm
Don't mind at all blaugh This is guild is for helping others out with their guilds, ect ^^ That's why we're here biggrin  

churrlo

Canto Dragon

Distinct Genius

16,725 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:08 am
Never heard of something like that happening...oh well...as I see it your not overreacting...just following your gut  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:54 am
Gree
iori_lamia

Lol, I love your avatar. xD

thank you smile  

iori_lamia

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:13 am
I just say no and smile pleasently when I do so. Cause they're the idiot, not me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:35 pm
Is it bad that I just delete the PM? razz I don't even care anymore xd  

churrlo

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:44 pm
churrlo
Is it bad that I just delete the PM? razz I don't even care anymore xd
3nodding niiice cool  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff