Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Everyone in London ok? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:17 am
Just read on the news about the terrorist attack in London.... Just wondering if all guild members that live there are ok. 3nodding
Read News Here

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:41 am
i don't live in london, england. but i saw it on the news this morning and they say to have at least 33 people dead or something like that. they first say about 45 afterwards it was 33 people. but that was like 3 hours ago when i saw it.  

mini_angel

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:46 am
=/ That worries me..
I have a friend that lives near London. I'm hoping she is okay.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:16 pm
My sister goes to uni in London her halls is in russell square where one of the bombs went off, thankfully she came back home a week ago. sweatdrop

I found out about the attacks at school, and when i did i felt literally sick, i live quite close to London...

Syeori

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:33 pm
My dad left from Heathrow just yesterday.. for which I'm thankful..

Current BBC official toll: 37 dead, 700 injured.

Blair is back at Gleneagles already - go him - I support his determination not to be scared by the terrorists.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:57 pm
Death toll: 38.  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Dawning Emulsion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:23 pm
Vanilla_Soda
My sister goes to uni in London her halls is in russell square where one of the bombs went off, thankfully she came back home a week ago. sweatdrop

I found out about the attacks at school, and when i did i felt literally sick, i live quite close to London...

I study in London I love that city. The blasts today was a shock for me and I'm still getting over it.

Fortunately all my family and friends in London are safe.

Go Britain for taking it so well! Typical British!! *thumbs up!*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:43 pm
~Ironic Dawn~
Vanilla_Soda

I study in London I love that city. The blasts today was a shock for me and I'm still getting over it.

Fortunately all my family and friends in London are safe.

Go Britain for taking it so well! Typical British!! *thumbs up!*

Hear, hear.  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:49 pm
Glad to see most people in London that's in this guild are ok! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:42 pm
Gah , my cousin lives there. >.< -goes to call-  

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

lilazn101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:03 pm
dont live in london hear about the bombing crazy s**t up in there 4 bombs(suicide) 3 subways and 1 double-decker bus the good news is they found 2 bombs that were untouched i hope they find who did this  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:25 am
lilazn101
dont live in london hear about the bombing crazy s**t up in there 4 bombs(suicide) 3 subways and 1 double-decker bus the good news is they found 2 bombs that were untouched i hope they find who did this

They haven't proved it was a suicide attack yet.. "keeping open minds", according to la BBC  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:18 am
I know this sounds disrespcetful...but terrorist are so freaking stupid...below 1000casualties from 6bombs i apoorling, i see them no more as kids with matches
(with all due respect to all those lost).  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:51 am
CrimsnHawk
I know this sounds disrespcetful...but terrorist are so freaking stupid...below 1000casualties from 6bombs i apoorling, i see them no more as kids with matches
(with all due respect to all those lost).

I see your point.. but then again, I don't. It's better for the rest of us that they only got what they did. And it was 4 explosions.  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:58 am
Quote:
WASHINGTON - Counterterrorism officials are taking seriously a claim by a little-known group calling itself "The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe" that it staged the deadly attacks on the London transit system.

Source here
Quote:

Prime Minister Tony Blair, who just the day before had been basking in glory of Britain's successful Olympics bid, condemned the attacks and blamed Islamic extremists. Foreign Minister Jack Straw said the attacks bore the hallmark of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida, the group responsible for Sept. 11.

Source here for that quote.

The poor Muslims around the world.. >.<; Terrorist groups are making their religion look bad and causing more discrimination aginst them across the world.

X_X; Still haven't heard from my friend yet, when I hear from her I'm going to give her a nice talk about making me worry.
Best wishes to the victims and their families of this bombing.

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff