Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Prologue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:07 pm
This will be the prologue to my NaNo 2k7... I'll probably write more, but I had to write something so this is what I wanted to write...

What is love? Some would say that it is the greatest feeling in the world – one that can inspire beauty in everything the beholder’s eyes lay upon. Others would argue, cynically of course, that love is nothing more than a scam – the greatest mistake one can make. What really, truly matters is that both of these are wrong. Love is not pure and unforgiving, yet it is not a waste of time. Love… well, that’s what this story is about.

The question I pose to my reader is this – what is love to you? As stated previously, some of you will question just what it is that I mean. Platonic love, love of one’s family, or the passionate heart-felt love that possesses one’s entire body? The answer is – it doesn’t matter. Love is love and nothing else can compare.

Si vis amari, ama. To be loved, love. See, the thing about love is that it can be just so damn painful sometimes. There is no greater pain than that dealt by the hands of a loved one, and those wounds can only be healed by the one that caused them (Amoris vulnus idem sanat, qui facit). This story is about love, and to truly understand this you must understand love.

Shakespeare once wrote, “Doubt thou stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move, Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt my love.” Truer words have never been spoken. And it is with this that I begin my tale… A tale of love, loss, and death – but of course, you knew that already? Didn’t you.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:36 pm
I dono....

I think you were a bit too blunt in the begging to hold the readers attention. You shouldnt give any reference to the story. THe reader already knows its an intro to a story, tell them something thats a bit less condecending.

you should stick with love and go into a deep discussion about your feelings about it that will undoubtedly tie into the story.

you could even shorten this into a simple poem, or you could even just leave it at Shakespeare and start off the story with that quote alone.

those are my feelings anyways, i dont mean to be discuraging...i just thought you might want to know.  

NovaKing

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff