Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Dream Thread! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:19 am
THE DREAM THREAD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~~~~~There might already be one, but I'm not sure so. Anyway, this is The Dream Thread. Here you can discuss anything related to dreams including unusual dreams you yourself have had. Feel free to do dream analysis, post links to interesting dream sites, and tell us your most interesting dreams. This is scariest:

A Few Years Ago My Dream
This dream was probably the scariest dream I have ever had. I hate to say it, but my biggest fear in the known world is...zombies. I know, I know. How silly to be afriad of a fictional monster, but I just can't help it. I have nightmares all the time of zombies, such as this one:

The dream started off strange. I was sitting in my old room with two of my buddies playing video games. For some reason I kept scratching at my eye. It just kept itching. After five minutes of rubbing my raw, I went to the bathroom to see what the hell was wrong with it. When I looked into the mirror, my eye was completely black, like a glass ball. When I leaned closer to the mirror for a better look, I could see inside my eye, and I could also see something written in the back of my eye. As I stared at it, I sort of became inside the eye. You know, one of those now you're here, now you're there type deals. Anyway, next thing I know I'm a military base. Appearently, America went to war with some European nation and now me and my buddies were soldiers stationed at some fort that looked like it was made out of logs, and we were in the middle of a forrest. I remember thinking we might be stationed in Oregon or Washinton. We got word of a beach front attack, so we loaded everything we got and headed to the beach. It was a masacre. We absolutely annihilated their troops. After the victory we went back to the fort, and prepared for nightfall. Well, even though I wan't there, I knew what went on at the beach. After we left, and night fell, the dead soldiers got up and started talking.

I was eating back at the fort when I heard the siren. We were under attack. We were told to arm ourselves to the max, but when I looked over the wall to see our attackers, I was surprised to unarmed soldiers charging the wall with long sharpened sticks. But it was when one of the ******** climbed straight us the wall and nearly grabbed my neck that I realized they were the dead soldiers we had killed earlier in the day. Things get kind of blurry here. I remember the tower gunners wasting al their amo freaking out and causing the barrels to melt. I remember someone screaming that we needed shotguns insted of our standard issue M4s, and remember what those damn sticks were for. They'd run straight at you, stab the stick in your forehead, and push up which caused your skull to crack wide open. They'd eat your brains while you were still in shock form the blow. I was freaking the ******** out.

We basically got conered. My friend Mikey was out of amo, and all I had was one grenade shell still in my gun. But once it was just me and Mikey, they stopped advancing and just started staring at us. That's when I felt and iron grip on my neck, and I was lifted off the ground. When I turned to see what had me, I was greated by some huge, tall, Lurch looking zombie son of a b***h. He had Mikey too. Mikey reached behind him, and pulled out one of those make-shift shovels. He just started bashing at the ********, breaking of bits of Lurch's skull so you could see his brains. Then in one quick motion, the big bastartd that had us pulled mikey in and bit into his face like a ripe apple. I could feel the breaking bones through the hand on my neck. Lurch threw mikey's shock-stiff body on the ground. I could see the "bite wound" that consumed Mikey's nose, upper lip and teeth. The image was so vivid and intense that I actually have goosebumps from typing about it. Well, the image was too much, and I screamed so hard I woke up. Still the most intense dream I've ever had.

Last night I had another one, hense, me making this thread, but it wasn't as intense, but equally unusual. I'll probably post it later.

Edit: 8/21/7

Last Semester My Dream
A lot of stuff happened before it came to this point, but I can't remember any of it. All I know was that I was in a house, only this house was awful. It didn't just look dilapidated and un-kept, it looked foul: as though it were covered in feces, urine, and blood. The wall looked old and rotted but moist, damp even. The word that keeps coming to mind is "soiled." I only remember the hallway because I was running down it trying to get out. I don't what I was running from but I know I was fleeing for my life. There was a disgusting white door at the end of the hallway. The screen kind that you usually see on southern houses. Screen itself had holes and tears, and rust spots all over it. I didn't want to touch it so I just kicked it open.

Once outside I froze in my tracks. I was facing a huge yard with short yellow patchy grass, and some areas there was just dirt. From what I could see the yard was square, and was bordered by a giant chain-link fence that was topped by some kind of wire. I was so freaked out that my first instinct was just to climb the fence and who gives a s**t about the wire. I darted for the far left corner. I could see that beyond the fence was just forest. Deep dark forest. Hurray. I hate forests. Everything had an orange hue to it, so it must have been sunset or something. Suddenly I could hear barking, and when I turned around I could see that the gray crocked house of hell had let loose a dog. I want to say that it was a Rottweiler, but I really can't remember. All I do know is that I was so scared of it, I couldn't turn back to face the fence, so I just ended up running backwards trying to get away from the beast.

That's when I fell. Only a few feet. When I got up, I could see that I just missed some torn bushes, and when they moved. They seemed to sweep away from me, kicking up dirt and dried yellow grass. But when I looked at them I could see that they weren't just moving brush, but people. Steve Martin to be exact. Each bush was Steve Martin, except that instead of hair, thorns were growing out of their heads, and it made and afro of thorns, but it was also coming out of their backs. They had no legs, more that their torsos sprang from the ground. And instead of hands, from the wrist the only had long thorned vines that wiped randomly like a cat's tail. Even their skin was weird: pink and green, but covered in a white dust like a powdered donut. I started to back away from them when I saw another on "growing" by the fence. It reared up and put it wrists by its face so I couldn't see its mouth, and released what looked to me like a wasp. The bug darted off to my right, but instead of seeing where it went I couldn't help but stare at the rushing cord that connected it to the bush. I couldn't make it out because it was moving so fast. But then it stopped, and pulled tight like a guitar string. I could see now that it was razor wire, but it wasn't steel, it was plant. It had the same pink and green coloring with veins and everything.

I don't why but it was driving me mad, so I cut it. I don't know if I used my hand and it broke easily because it was plant, or if I had a knife. I just know it broke clean. The bush from whose mouth the string had come died. And when I turned to see the other end, the wasp landed at my feat, covered in blood, and quite dead as well. When I looked further to the right I saw a skinny naked black man with blood pouring from his mouth as he wailed. He came at me screaming from the top of his lungs "Why did you do that?! It just wanted to fish for worms in my mouth! It just wanted to fish for worms in my mouth!" And that's when I woke up.

Now discuss.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:58 pm
Crazy dream. :0
I had a dream where I was a vampire once. I got to fly and rip someone's throat out. And afterwards I stopped to help a friend (who was casually hanging around the area where we had killed the enemy vampire) look for a dropped earring. It was a party on this big estate and the bad guy vampires had attacked to kill the ones the party was for.
Scarriest was probably being chased around a spaceship by these huge people that were kind of a cross between the borg and military. I woke up at the end when I was in a deadend and was about to get shot to pieces. :0
What else.
I had an X-files episode in south america. There was a strange were-wolf like creature that killed its master who was trying to train it to hunt down certain people.
ooh. I was trying to escape this place and I had something, like stones I think, that made me be able to move as if other things were in slow motion. I wrote that one down because it was more detailed, but I dunno where I wrote it at. :0
A recurring dream that I haven't had very recently is basically exploring this strange and complex house, lots of hidden passages and stairs. Sometimes it starts as this one house I've been in before.  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:17 pm
I always have weird dreams...but usually, I have one where I'm either in a forest or field, and I'm always looking for someone. No ones ever around, not even any animals, and sometimes I'll see someone running far ahead. If I ever run after them, they'll dissapear. Anyone want to tell me what it means??  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:35 pm
c a u s t i c
Crazy dream. :0
I had a dream where I was a vampire once. I got to fly and rip someone's throat out. And afterwards I stopped to help a friend (who was casually hanging around the area where we had killed the enemy vampire) look for a dropped earring. It was a party on this big estate and the bad guy vampires had attacked to kill the ones the party was for.
Scarriest was probably being chased around a spaceship by these huge people that were kind of a cross between the borg and military. I woke up at the end when I was in a deadend and was about to get shot to pieces. :0
What else.
I had an X-files episode in south america. There was a strange were-wolf like creature that killed its master who was trying to train it to hunt down certain people.
ooh. I was trying to escape this place and I had something, like stones I think, that made me be able to move as if other things were in slow motion. I wrote that one down because it was more detailed, but I dunno where I wrote it at. :0
A recurring dream that I haven't had very recently is basically exploring this strange and complex house, lots of hidden passages and stairs. Sometimes it starts as this one house I've been in before.

I friggin' LOVE when I can fly in a dream, but I so rarely get the chance. Writtingt your dreams is a good habbit, sometimes they make good ideas for stories. By "been in before" do you mean a house in reality or that you've dreamt (spelling?) exploring that house before?

Becka Minato
I always have weird dreams...but usually, I have one where I'm either in a forest or field, and I'm always looking for someone. No ones ever around, not even any animals, and sometimes I'll see someone running far ahead. If I ever run after them, they'll dissapear. Anyone want to tell me what it means??

I can't interpret dreams. I'm hoping someone here does. I think that stuff is interesting. As a wild guess, I'd ask if maybe you have abandonment issues? It kind of reminds me of Shippo's dream from Inuyasha. sweatdrop  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:46 pm
Both. I've been in the house it's based on in real life and I've been in it before in dreams. xP Of course the house in the dream is pretty impossible, but it's supposed to be me going to a normal house and then exploring it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:50 pm
c a u s t i c
Both. I've been in the house it's based on in real life and I've been in it before in dreams. xP Of course the house in the dream is pretty impossible, but it's supposed to be me going to a normal house and then exploring it.

Sounds like you're subconscious is looking for something. Maybe you're really a pirate! OMS! eek  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Banana01

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:04 pm
I had a dream about cereal and there were two boxes some stuff happened (can't remember what, this dream happened like a week ago) anyway after the stuff happened the cereal started just pouring outta the boxes and they were upright and inside the boxed it had like pully conveyor belts pulling the cereal out. well these little toy soldiers started rising from the spilled cereal and then some more stuff happened then i remember i was with a bunch of monsters and they were life sized and i was like the windwaker type link guy and the monsters were from that game.....  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:46 pm
Banana01
I had a dream about cereal and there were two boxes some stuff happened (can't remember what, this dream happened like a week ago) anyway after the stuff happened the cereal started just pouring outta the boxes and they were upright and inside the boxed it had like pully conveyor belts pulling the cereal out. well these little toy soldiers started rising from the spilled cereal and then some more stuff happened then i remember i was with a bunch of monsters and they were life sized and i was like the windwaker type link guy and the monsters were from that game.....

That's be awsome if I looked inside my cereal box and saw a whole bunch of soldiers keepin' the fort. If they were sailors I'd think the cereal would be Captin Crunch. xd  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:24 pm
I have weird dreams every night. I wake up confused every morning. Lately, though, my dreams have been mostly emotions, with some vague images.

My weirdest dream was one I had years ago, as a child. I was in a space ship, I seemed to be a guest, and then a giant space-squid attacked and we had to fight it off, and it tore open one of the walls of the ship and we had to staple the wall closed again, and there were these little black bugs that looked sort of like beetles that liked to hang out in a certain room, the bedroom I was sharing with someone, and the bugs would climb onto my toes, anyone's toes. They were completely harmless.

No, maybe my weirdest dream was the one with the moving watermelon and us trying to escape a cage that was open on one side, but the camera never pointed that way, so we didn't know, and we escaped by floating on a big balloon that I pulled out of my pocket and Doug, from the cartoon Doug, blew it up. All we had to do was turn around and look the other way and we would see the way out. And the walls were weak. We probably could have just knocked them down.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:43 pm
Wow, you're dreams are all over the place. Though I've always felt watermelons were a bit ominous.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:45 am
Gah! I had the dream again! Except I was in this weird city. It was empty, and looked like one of those end-of-the-wrold scenes from a movie. And once again, I saw someone ahead and they walked down this alley. I followed, and they dissapeared.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:06 pm
Zombies? Yeah, your dream sounds scary.

Speaking of zombies, my classmate told me she had a dream about me:

My boyfriend and I were at a big sex orgy with my classmate and her husband. We were all wearing masks and there was much debauchery. But then, my boyfriend and I tore our masks of to reveal our true zombie nature. We began to eat all the debauched people.
The end.

hachimitsugirl

darkwolf possession

darkwolf possession

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:55 pm
My strangest dream involved me unleashing a evil spirit trapped inside of a barn door. Then a wizard turned me into a fat bird. After that I threw butter knives at the wizard. It was a weird dream
My other weird one involved me and some of the people I knew at school in a place that looked like Hogwarts, and everyone was falling up the stairs.

Becka Minato
I'm not much of an interpreter, but here's my idea

You are searching for something, but either cannot find it or you dont know what it is you are searching for

and how you say sometimes you see someone running could mean that you were close one time  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:19 pm
darkwolf possession
My strangest dream involved me unleashing a evil spirit trapped inside of a barn door. Then a wizard turned me into a fat bird. After that I threw butter knives at the wizard. It was a weird dream
My other weird one involved me and some of the people I knew at school in a place that looked like Hogwarts, and everyone was falling up the stairs.

Becka Minato
I'm not much of an interpreter, but here's my idea

You are searching for something, but either cannot find it or you dont know what it is you are searching for

and how you say sometimes you see someone running could mean that you were close one time
Hmmm...thats interesting...I wonder... ninja  

Becka Minato

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:19 pm
i hav the weirdest dreams ever.....

but anyway there was this real disgusting and scary one once...

the dream was in a form of a movie (the chronology was off, like "The Good Shepherd") and i was like an audience watching it in a theatre. anyway so it started off with this lady who is newly widowed. she actually resembled an actress i've seen before in a movie i saw in biology class. so she was in her bedroom, in front of the mirror and looking at the relics her husband left... and she heaved a huge sigh...... then it started to seem like a flashback, like recalling a memory

so it showed the husband sleeping in the bed, and the lady was sleeping beside him but woke up as the camera moves to her. she went out of the room and downstairs and then she sat in a dining chair, sighing again. and i could just feel that she's not having a good marriage. then the flashback stopped and came into this scene. the time wasn't specified but i know it was shortly after the husband's true death and before the funeral. so the lady was holding some sort of meat in her hand (the meat is packaged, nothing gross here). she went into this frying pancake shop (the ones very popular in japan, they have the frying pan as a whole piece of rectangular steel installed in the middle of the restaurant, sort of like the sushi boat except it's not sushi but steel frying pan, and the chef starts cooking right after the order), and she talked to the main chef and bargain about selling this piece of meat she's got in her hand. the chef didn't want it at first, but in the end he took it (still unwillingly, almost like forced). then the lady left, and the chef started frying the meat, but he still stopped and put his hands on the edge of the frying pan counter with a heavy face, like feeling very regretful for someone and sighing. then the camera took a close up on the frying meat and focused, then i could see the lining of toes and a foot! the woman sold a human's foot to the pancake shop! then it felt like the movie is unraveling the truth, then it showed that the lady was very unhappy about the marriage and she poisoned her husband and cut him into pieces and sold them as food. in the funeral there was an urn but nobody even knew that there was nothing in it. And also one thing was that when she poisoned her husband, she wasn't exactly unconscious nor mentally disabled like some people are when they committed the crime. she KNEW what she was doing, and yet she looked like she's numb, numb from the long years she spent with this man. so numb that when she was making the poisoned meal, she made it like any other day, and when her husband died, she didn't laugh, nor feel relieved, she just stood there, stared at the body, and started pulling it upstairs where she cut him into pieces, and yada yada....

it's just scary, i mean, other than the cutting dead body, it's also scary how she can be so emotionless when she killed her husband. i thought she was gonna be happy when he died, but yet she looked like it didn't really change anything....  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff