Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
I have a very interesting fact! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the_quangsta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:34 pm
Well im atheist and i dont believe in god. But im just wondering (if there really was a god) did god make us to destory our planet? because we are doing a hella of a good job doing it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:48 pm
Pfft. We're not destroying the planet, we're merely degrading it till the point of being inhospitable for the human race and merely a few thousand other species.  

AnonymouZ

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Anonymouz
Pfft. We're not destroying the planet, we're merely degrading it till the point of being inhospitable for the human race and merely a few thousand other species.

Yup. He ain't lyin'!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:21 pm
Anonymouz

But isn't that destroying in and of its own right? If we, nor other species, can inhabit the earth, then essentially, we are destroying it. Because it becomes uninhabitable.  

PickleBoy

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:26 pm
BUT, an uninhabitable earth (i still like MY word better... yours is longer! blaugh ) is still a complete earth... with or without humans...

But now i reminded myself of the reason why i wanted to post anything here... there's no FACT here!! it's only a question! *referred at the topic starter*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:30 pm
We could always stick a giant bomb in the center of the earth and blow it up, possibly taking the world out as well, if that'd make you happier....  

PickleBoy

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:43 pm
PickleBoy
We could always stick a giant bomb in the center of the earth and blow it up, possibly taking the world out as well, if that'd make you happier....

But we're not DOING that right now... ARE WE? No? then we're NOT destroying the earth. twisted

And i don't believe in happyness. cool  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:54 pm
Well, I don't believe in happyness either, but I do believe in happiness. And I think that if you make a planet something other than what it was when you first evolved onto it (normal weather fluctuations don't count) then you are essentially destroying it. If you were to take the life from a dog, you would be destroying that animals being, would you not? You can't take something from something else and say its still just fine. Its being destroyed. At least, thats what I think. In a very convoluted and short hand way of thinking.  

PickleBoy

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:39 am
If god/God/the gods made us solely for the purpose of destroying the planet, does that mean he/she/it/they made a mistake and is using us for a reset button?

Or it just a very complex version of a kid putting salt on a slug?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:22 pm
PickleBoy
Well, I don't believe in happyness either, but I do believe in happiness. And I think that if you make a planet something other than what it was when you first evolved onto it (normal weather fluctuations don't count) then you are essentially destroying it. If you were to take the life from a dog, you would be destroying that animals being, would you not? You can't take something from something else and say its still just fine. Its being destroyed. At least, thats what I think. In a very convoluted and short hand way of thinking.

destruction

noun
1. the termination of something by causing so much damage to it that it cannot be repaired or no longer exists

2. an event (or the result of an event) that completely destroys something

As i said... we are not destroying earth, we are not KILLING doggies intentionally (unless they've been in a wreck and would suffer more if they lived a few more hours, or unless they are raised to kill/fight/maim and the police seizes them from their ******** moronic owners... oh... and when no one would adopt them from the shelter and they take too much space... sigh... nevermind, i guess we do kill doggies intentionally)

We are not taking nothing from someone else. As egocentric as we are, everything in this planet has already an owner, or a representative in case they don't speak the human language, which could be said is the owner of that species he's representing. And they all agree that they need to cut more trees so that you can read as much as you want, that they fish/hunt exotic animals only in their hunting season, that we drill everywhere and anywhere on earth, so that we can contaminate with petroleoum products anywhere and everywhere we can.

So you see, we already own the stuff. What we do with it is our own business. This business probably won't last much longer, but who the ******** cares about the future anyway? we're not gonna BE there to live it.

But you know who will be there? EARTH. With adapted species that manage to survive all of our waste, with strata made of septic products, with salty water that contains solid or liquid objects that make it smell like rotten eggs and a few dead animals. But it will still be there.

I also don't think we are capable of destroying earth either. No matter how close we get to the core of the planet... i don't think our wmds would do s**t to it. No matter how many rockets we shoot at it's surface, everything will eventually be buried up... or flooded... whichever comes first. (except of course, for atomic dust, which will probably remain polluting for who knows how ******** long.  

AnonymouZ

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:02 pm
The generation above me (several of you) are ruining the world, and leaving us to pick it up. The problem with that is that most people think that either it doesn't matter, god will fix it for them, or that nothing is happening at all. People are so ignorant. I know you aren't doing it, but it makes me angry none the less. evil

No, we aren't destroying the earth, we are degrading it (thanks for the word!)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:08 pm
We are destroying it!

Anonymouz
1. the termination of something by causing so much damage to it that it cannot be repaired or no longer exists
See?! See! That means we're destroying the earth. If we can't fix the problem, its destroyed. Like when I push over your Lincoln log building and all the pieces break. Its been destroyed, you can't fix it.

And Dark_Lord.... It pretty much started with the baby boomers, so blame your parents. They're such a large generation that they suck everything up like a giant sponge.  

PickleBoy

Arios V

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:31 pm
We're not destroying it, we're systematically sending it down the crapper. Soon it will be too much of a irradiated wasteland for us to live on.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:57 pm
Thusly destroying it.  

PickleBoy

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:46 am
we are destroying the planet in some way, but really we are just killing ourselves actually. because mother nature will not compromise nor negotiate with us, we are really going towards the stage of Mass Extinction in terms of Evolution, which is we the human race, will extinct and then the other animals or organisms will be able to live, come out into places and live on. (more or less known as filling the open niches  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff