Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Writing flow.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Natasha_Romanova

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:40 pm
Is what I'm going to do. Start writing, not stop, then hit post before I second guess myself.

Begin Story

Once, I thought the world was mine for the taking. I thought this, because so many people had told me 'you can do anything you want to do.' 'You can be anything you want to be.' 'You just have to try.' and other such platitudes. I realized then that there was no way that this could be true, but it was a fantasy I held to for many years, hoping that by clinging to it, it could one day be real.

What changed me? A question worth asking, but the answer is not so exciting or clean as I would like. It was never a single thing, but the slow accumulation of reality on my fragile dream that eventually shattered it like a frozen rose on the sidewalk.

The straw that broke the camel's back came during my first year in the military. I was still in training, assigned only the task of learning how to do the job I would eventually be doing, and applied myself ruthlessly to the task. I sat beside another in class, who applied himself not at all, doing only what he had to to avoid failure.

He passed the courses. I did not. He passed with the assistance, patience, and sometimes carefully overlooked cheating of all of his instructors. I tried my best and was honest, and for this I was punished for not trying hard enough. Failure has its price, I learned, when I was sent to a correctional unit to 'teach me how to be a better sailor'.

Betrayal of a person is a crime worthy of dire punishment. Betrayal of a persons belief in the world, of an ideal, is the most horrific crime I can imagine.

End Story  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:36 pm
My, you have a beautiful mind.

Very dark green. ^^  

KirbyVictorious

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:21 pm
That's a great idea, and it really turned out well.

-applause-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:40 pm
KirbyVictorious
My, you have a beautiful mind.

Very dark green. ^^

Dare I ask what you mean by 'dark green'?  

Natasha_Romanova

milktreat

Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:48 pm
Wow. Very beautiful. o.o

Two suggestions.

Quote:
What changed me?
Wouldn't "What changed in me?" sound much better here?

Quote:
I thought this, because so many people had told me 'you can do anything you want to do.' 'You can be anything you want to be.' 'You just have to try.' and other such platitudes.
[I thought this, because so many people had told me, "you can do anything you want to do", "you can be anything you want to be", "you just have to try" and other such platitudes.] would sound much better. The reason why is because you crammed three whole sentences in one, ending each of those three sentences with a period. Things like this are usually separated by commas, hun. o: <3

Even so, wonderful. *n3n*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:01 pm
N!NE
Wow. Very beautiful. o.o

Two suggestions.

Quote:
What changed me?

Quote:
I thought this, because so many people had told me 'you can do anything you want to do.' 'You can be anything you want to be.' 'You just have to try.' and other such platitudes.
[I thought this, because so many people had told me, "you can do anything you want to do", "you can be anything you want to be", "you just have to try" and other such platitudes.] would sound much better. The reason why is because you crammed three whole sentences in one, ending each of those three sentences with a period. Things like this are usually separated by commas, hun. o: <3

Hmm, possibly. Like I said in the preface, I wrote, posted, and then looked back at it. I'll keep your suggestions in mind for future writings.  

Natasha_Romanova

milktreat

Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:24 pm
Natasha_Romanova
N!NE
Wow. Very beautiful. o.o

Two suggestions.

Quote:
What changed me?

Quote:

Hmm, possibly. Like I said in the preface, I wrote, posted, and then looked back at it. I'll keep your suggestions in mind for future writings.
I know~. : D  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:30 am
I loved the ending. Very good.  

Voxxx

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out