Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Conformist love~! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll whore?
  OMG that's me!
View Results

Le Spazzztronika!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:43 pm
So let's face it. Us emo kids, wannabes, elitists, whatever aren't "different" or "special" or "unique"

But why is that such a bad thing? Why, if everyone was completely different from eachother, it woul be near impossible to understand each other. No one would have the same interests. And of course, there wouldn't be any subcultures either. Is that what you truly want to be?

I don't ********' think so!

So since we're all here, conforming and such...we might as well discuss something. You know, so this doesn't completely waste your time?

Okay, so why do you like conforming to the emo (or any other) subculture? Did you make any friends through it? Any enemies?

kthxbaibaii, I'll stop being lame now & let you guys answer. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:03 pm
but if we all were the same, where would we be? we have to have some things in common, but many more things that aren't in common with everyone else.  

The Dadalorian
Crew

The-helper-of-the-poor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:06 pm
if we all thought the same, human civilization would get nowhere, and America would be back in England before the Reformation, because no one thought differently

or something like that...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:15 pm
Basically, the "nonconformist" ideal only entails "not conforming to mainstream groups". Basically, it's to create an entirely different culture, not separate from conforming with each other, but united in being against the mainstream culture.  

ffsghyanbh

Striped Panties

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:16 pm
I liek to meet people with some of the same interests with me, but some that differ so we can debate different things, if not our conversations would be
" BLAH BLAH BLAH ...."
"I AGREE"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:27 pm
We are little groups that get together and unite, but we aren't a mainstream group of people, so i guess thats how we are clasified 'emo'.  

A.Box.Of.Sharp.Objects

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:32 pm
"I'll stop being lame now"
Why did you even start?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:23 pm
Everyone conforms to some extent. Even if it's only social norms like brushing your teeth or not having sex with siblings. Nonconforming is really just doing what you want and not what is set as the standard, or what the majority are doing. Nowhere does it say to not conform you have to be part of a subculture.  

Gambino Statue

Rellik Chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:58 am
Where as I non-conform by admitting I conform.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:12 am
I conform to my group of unemo people at school. I can talk about anime and be weird with my little group of outcasts. They consider me thier goth chick. domokun emo  

assumingtheworst

Elerus

Malevolent Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:52 am
i really dont understand why people have to go into guilds and start any form of drama or anything. I mean i would understand if it was a question but that sounded flat out rude. and honestly i dont think you need any response from anyone here but that is my opinion  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:45 pm
Rellik Chan

But you're admitting to the fact you are conforming. Which means you were conforming to begin with and just like to play with words to confuse me.

Gambino Statue

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:18 pm
Elerus
i really dont understand why people have to go into guilds and start any form of drama or anything. I mean i would understand if it was a question but that sounded flat out rude. and honestly i dont think you need any response from anyone here but that is my opinion

You're the one being dramatic.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:31 pm
xLIZA
Rellik Chan

But you're admitting to the fact you are conforming. Which means you were conforming to begin with and just like to play with words to confuse me.
But I'd only be conforming if I said I was non-conforming, but because I am conforming which is something no one does apparently, I am non-conforming, whilst the rest of you conform.  

Rellik San
Captain

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:33 pm
Rellik San
xLIZA
Rellik Chan

But I'd only be conforming if I said I was non-conforming, but because I am conforming which is something no one does apparently, I am non-conforming, whilst the rest of you conform.

I'm gonna stop conforming right now!

-ceases to exist-

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games