Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
venoms? need help deciding/info. RESOLVED! Got them! Pix!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.Neon Glowsticks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:20 pm
[so, instead of getting the ever-popular snakebites, im considering getting venoms. (which is practically the same thing yea, but on the tongue, so.. whatever. lol)

example-
User Image

so my question is, are the risks the same for this as for a normal tongue piercing? i would assume theyd be less, seeing as the holes are now away form the center of the tongue, (where, as far as i understand, is where the trouble with these things comes from.) and does anyone have them?

also, i currently have my nose and vertical labret, and im thinking that maybe i should take those out if i get the tongue, jsut because of overkill issues. hm? ideas?

me-
User Image

and also, this may sound stupid, but it was the first thing my boyfriend commented, if i got the venoms, would most people just assume i did oral alot? granted, this doesnt really matter to me and id get them anyway, im just asking you opinions.

thats for reading all this guys, hope to hear some feedback ^.^

EDIT- Finally got them!

day after piercing-
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

and boy did it hurttttt like a b***h >.<
]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:07 am
I dont think it would be overkill with them all, considering the venoms are in your mouth. I love love venoms. Tres hot.  

popcornsharingbox

apanda999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:58 am
Well before you get your hopes up, make sure you check your tongue for any veins down the sides that could get in the way.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:43 pm
I love venoms. They look soo good.

I wish I could get them. But I have huge veins on the the bottom of my tongue which means I cant get it.

But if you can get it go for it.

And I'd keep in the rest of your piercings too. Its not overkill at all.

Pink Plaid

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500

Purge In My Breakfast

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:27 pm
I love Venoms, definitely not for me though.

My friend has them, and I thought mmm <3

About the overkill thing? No it wouldn't be overkill, they're not always visible so its fine smile

But remember to check the veins in your tongue.

And if the piercer doesn't... run a mile!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:11 pm
Venoms = heart  

Edible Lingerie!

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:22 pm
Keep your current pierceings if you get them... it wont be over kill. Venoms are in your mouth most of the time, no one really sees them.

as for the risks. They are about the same but expect a longer healing time, and more swelling.
in the center of the tongue is, usually, missing the vains and between the tongue muscles. Getting them off the side side sends the needle right into the muscle.
I assume it would hurt more to talk when you first get them due to the tongue movements.
I only have the center of my tongue done. but I know alot of people who are very happy with venoms.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:57 pm
I think they look weird...I wouldn't get em....but it's up to you, not me.  

babies-in-a-cage

October Dawn

5,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:39 pm
jadedxkitty999
Well before you get your hopes up, make sure you check your tongue for any veins down the sides that could get in the way.

*agrees* You'll want to take a look in the mrror before you go through the trouble of going to the piercing shop. BTW: I would get them too, but my original tongue ring's already mesed up a bit. When I got it done, I found out the cord on the bottom of my tongue goes all the way to the tip si as a result my tongue right ball on top is centered just fine but it's really at an angle. On the botton it's a bit to the left and if I stick my tongue out the right way it's impossible not to notice.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:26 pm
jadedxkitty999

What she said.  

vafalla

Original Vampire

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas