Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Graphic/Design Terms Suggestion thread (please don't move)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OMG!! Another Poll?!
  Panther, you shouldn't have *eyeroll*
  Free gold from Panther *whee*
View Results

Panther Nightwind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:37 pm
As I have previously posted in a couple threads, There is a new topic in the Tutorials & Resources subforum which will contain graphic/design terms as was suggested the guild have. If there is already a thread that contains these my apologies Chisa & Silver sweatdrop

I could not find one and I will also post links as to where I found the terms at since I will be mostly looking on-line. I will also be trying my hardest to ALPHABETIZE the terms to make it easier to find 3nodding So the first page may get a little, lets say....long? domokun but it will also depend on if I find enough terms to do the whole alphabet which will begin on the second post of the topic so that the first post can contain all the various links and other info 3nodding *heads over to the subforum to create said topic*

Oh and before I forget, this is where you shall post your suggestions for terms that you'd like to know more about whee

**Updates**
A-D have been posted 4laugh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:38 am
I would personally like to see Masking and Vector Graphics defined, as well as other graphical styles.  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Panther Nightwind

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:22 pm

3nodding I'm working on it as best and as fast as I can. I'm going through all my books and looking things up on-line to try and get the most up-to-date definitions.

Edit: Ive added up to N with on category under M called Masking ^_^ There is a link in it that goes to a page in which I decided to just link there instead of copying his/her entire site. Did you know that if you look up masking on the web there are tons of them @-@!! and even when I went into my PSP9 program, it couldn't give me a definite description of what a mask is.

whee I hope these all help people in some way domokun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:41 pm
Ok, i'll throw this one out for you since you don't have any #s yet:

the 80-20 rule.

The 80-20 rule is a ratio found mostly in product design and web design that says: 20% of the functions are used 80% of the time, and vice versa.
So, for example, we're more apt to use "file" and "edit" than we are some of the later menu items on the computer. We probably use those about 80% of the time. So, using placement and usability testing, one can determine which items are used 80% of the time, and which are used 20% of the time, and then where to put them.  

godoftherain

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff