Reply Organization XIII Home Thread
final fantasy 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keyblade Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:53 pm
After seeing an ad in a gaming magazine that final fantasy 6'll be coming out soon (i think sometime this or next month), that if square would make final fantasy 7 on the DS/Psp. much like final fantasy 3 on the nintendo DS, might clean up some rough edges and put better graphics, some new side missions and what not. Do you think that square would remake ff7 (or someother ff above 6) and put it on a portable game system?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:18 am
This should be in FF forum.

To your question, I doubt it but I would like to see it.  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

larxene 12

4,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:55 am
the FF7 game is already decent... I think it would ruin it if it was on the DS....^^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:14 am
Well, there have been rumors of an FFVII remake scheduled for the PS3...

But an FFVII remake for a portable game system is rather unlikely, also considering that SE is already releasing an FFVII game (Crisis Core) for the PSP.

As for FFs 8 & 9, I think they're too modern as they already are without being remade...possibly in the future, but I don't think it'll be anytime too soon x_x

Happy Meal Toyfriend

5,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:21 am
~Taiki Kojima~

But an FFVII remake for a portable game system is rather unlikely, also considering that SE is already releasing an FFVII game (Crisis Core) for the PSP.

As for FFs 8 & 9, I think they're too modern as they already are without being remade...possibly in the future, but I don't think it'll be anytime too soon x_x

stare Odd, I thought they did it as a demo to test the graphic, not remaking it again.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:21 pm
They should have a better portable game system then because i'm not sure that you can make a better FF7 on a DS.  

Revolutious

Shinigami Kayako

Devout Friend

33,575 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Stuffed Foodie 25
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:29 pm
I saw a preview for 7 to be on Playstation 3  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:31 pm
larxene 12
the FF7 game is already decent... I think it would ruin it if it was on the DS....^^
i thought that as well.. but i didn't mean nintendo DS, i meant like psp - just remake the game on psp with better graphics (but then what would be the purpose of remaking the game if it's just the graphics that's just been changed sweatdrop )

well.. currently the ps3 is at a high price. (600$) but within a few years, it'll drop like it's sibling (xD) the ps2 (which came at 250 and is now ... somewhere around 130-50$). around that time the ps3 comes down, might be the time ff7 (IF it were to come out on ps3), it could be a huge hit.. however, what would change about the game other than graphics? if it's storyline were to change, it wouldn't be ff7 but i guess a spinoff... and the original's probably in ALMOST every rpg gamer's home..
(and from hearing a few gaians from the forums that the original game costs as much as a $100 per game now. x_X remaking it would lower the value of the actual game. x/ )

-edit this part sweatdrop typos-
SorcerorofDarkness
I saw a preview for 7 to be on Playstation 3
would that be the spinoff off of 7 like dirge of cerberus? (which wasn't that good x_X)  

Keyblade Ninja

Happy Meal Toyfriend

5,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:52 pm
Jisen Meizuki
~Taiki Kojima~

stare Odd, I thought they did it as a demo to test the graphic, not remaking it again.

You're right, they did create the demo itself for the sole purpose of showing off the PS3s power, but that tech demo is what originally spawned the rumors of an FFVII remake. An interview I read in a magazine (I forget exactly who it was with) said that SE thought that remaking FFVII would be interesting, but if they did remake it, it would be after the release of FFXIII.
So, yah...rumors and possibilities.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:55 pm
SorcerorofDarkness
would the ff7 game for ps3 be like the other spinoff : Dirge or Cerberus (which wasn't .... that good...)

Myaa x_x everyone says Dirge of Cerberus wasn't any good...but I thought it was really fun, just different, and not like typical FPS games...
Sure, it wasn't outstanding, but it's much better than people make it out to be.

Happy Meal Toyfriend

5,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

invisibIe boii

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:35 am
omg, another ff7 game? gonk i just wish SE could leave that game alone......doc, crisis core, before crisis ect, and now a ds remake? xp  
Organization XIII Home Thread

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games