Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Anime Mamoru's green jacket! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of Mamoru's green jacket in the SM Anime?
EW!! Burn it!
31%
 31%  [ 9 ]
*shrugs* meh, don't care.
51%
 51%  [ 15 ]
Hey! I like green. It's a nice jacket.
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 29

Angel Darkchylde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:27 am
Okay I've looked through all 12 pages of the guild and haven't seen a thread for this. But I may have discovered a reason for why they gave him that horrid jacket.

I was visiting my dad and he was watching the Masters Golf tournament. And one of the prizes for winning is a green jacket. Now it wasn't as long, but it was still a bad shade of green. And that was the first thing that came to mind. Someone in the anime process of SM must have been a HUGE golf fan. Or they secretly wanted Mamoru to be a skilled golfer and couldn't fit it into any of the eps.

It's just a theory, and if anyone else has any other theories feel free to give them.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:44 am
Who knows you might be right.  

Ladyshion

luna_branca

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:53 am
waa that jacket... he uses it all the time XD luckily that he stops using it in sailormoon s  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:27 pm
I don't care about his jacket. I was never a big fan of him anyway.  

strawberryheaven

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:35 pm
I love Mamoru- I honestly don't care about his Jacket as he's not *always* in it even in the first season. Yeah, it's worn a lot but also you have to remember the symbolize of colors used on characters.

If you note, Usagi and co wore some seriously hideous outfits as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 pm
It might be green since he is the prince of Earth confused  

CattLazy

+Trynyti+

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:47 pm
Keep in mind how old the anime is, and when it first aired.
Mamoru wasn't the only one lacking in the fashion department - I seem to recall outfits of Minako's and Ami's that were quite hideous as well >_<

(Although there's one of Makoto's I really, really like.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:17 pm
I think he's pretty attached to it

he even wore it when he knew alot of blood was on it...unless he has a whole closet full of those hideous things... xd

i guess that means he doesn't care about his outward appearence...proof of his straight-ness ( xp )  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

hoshinoame

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:38 pm
It would be cool if that's why he wore the green jacket. He looks like he would play golf.^^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:50 pm
Oh I'm not saying that he's the only one with a hideous clothing. Cause most of them do have some pretty nasty outfits. But when visiting my dad and hearing them go on and on about the jacket and actually seeing it, it was the first thing that came to my mind. I'm not saying it's the only reason, I'm just saying it could be a possible reason or influence.  

Angel Darkchylde

megsaroni88

Fashionable Lunatic

9,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:43 pm
In those days, the outfits they wore were stylish. (why? we'll never know.... rolleyes ) But really, I love him too much to care about his silly jacket. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:23 pm
*snort* In my fanfictions, Usagi always calls Mamoru's blazer a piece of 'rejected football turf.' XD This obviously reflects my dislike of the thing, but eh... I don't think the green blazer is the worst part of the outfit; honestly, it's the lavender khakis with the black and white shoes >_> Why does no one ever pick on THOSE?

You know what though? That's not even the worst thing he's worn. An infamous cowprint vest comes to mind... sweatdrop

What the heck is with the guy? He's hot as heck and maybe even smarter than he is good looking, but can't dress himself to save his life

Alexandria LeClair

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:45 am
Alexandria LeClair
*snort* In my fanfictions, Usagi always calls Mamoru's blazer a piece of 'rejected football turf.' XD This obviously reflects my dislike of the thing, but eh... I don't think the green blazer is the worst part of the outfit; honestly, it's the lavender khakis with the black and white shoes >_> Why does no one ever pick on THOSE?

You know what though? That's not even the worst thing he's worn. An infamous cowprint vest comes to mind... sweatdrop

What the heck is with the guy? He's hot as heck and maybe even smarter than he is good looking, but can't dress himself to save his life
Those pants were horrible. I was like, where'd he find lavender pants?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:22 pm
panda21
Alexandria LeClair

Those pants were horrible. I was like, where'd he find lavender pants?

He found them at an old man store at the other edge of the solar system whilst shopping in pitch darkness; that's where pirate  

Alexandria LeClair

Kurokashi-san

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:21 am
Alexandria LeClair

Take it from a straight guy the only problem with Mamoru's fashion sense is that he is straight.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff