lip care question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:31 pm
I just got my vertical labret done yesterday, and as I was applying chapstick in the car (my lips were sooo chapped due to the freak winter weather!), I suddenly wondered... "should I be doing this?"

I've looked at care instructions all over the place, and I don't see anything about whether or not it's okay to use chapstick or lip gloss while the piercing is healing. Anybody know?

Just after chapstick application:

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:07 pm
I don't know exactly... but I'd assume that as long as you used something that wasn't one of those flavorful/perfume-atic types, you'd be fine. Stick with carmex or even just vaseline. But that's just my 2 cents, considering I don't really know.  

popcornsharingbox

apanda999

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:57 am
No!! You can not only trap your germs and smudge it in to your new hole, but remember.... Piercings need to breath.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:49 pm
jadedxkitty999
No!! You can not only trap your germs and smudge it in to your new hole, but remember.... Piercings need to breath.

mer, I was afraid of that. Do you by any chance know what I could use instead? My lips are horribly chapped from the sudden relapse of winter...  

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:50 am
jadedxkitty999

Couldn't you do it relatively carefully, though?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:23 pm
A&D ointment would work well. If you don't use that, at the very least, don't use anything with flavor and sick with petroleum based products.

apanda999

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:35 pm
Dont use A&D near the piercing. It shouldnt be used with deep wounds / lacerations.

Use vaseline, apply a small amount to a q-tip, apply to your lips, but avoid getting it all over the piercing.

Same concept with putting ointment or lotion on a tattoo (for those who do) not enough to smother it, just enough to moisturize.

Or even better:

beeswax chapstick with no additives, colors, flavors, fragrances ect.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:10 pm
yeah, I ended up using a beeswax chapstick with tea tree oil in it. Turned out fine as long as I kept it clean. Now it's healed up, and I'm not so worried about it anymore.  

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:36 am
my lips got soooo dry when i got my lip done that my friends were like ewww your lips are so dry, so one of them gave me beaswax, it was good. after a few months i went back to lipgloss. ohh the wonders of a quick healing mouth pericing. i can smuther you in greasy gloss and you don't care anymore <333  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:40 pm
I use vegan, hemp chapstic and it's all natural, guarenteed not to clog pores, or damage your lips...good stuff.  

babies-in-a-cage

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff