Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
If One Religion Had To Be Real... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:38 pm
...then which one would you want it to be?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okay, hope this is in the right place. SO! Let's just say that one and only one religion had to be real, and you can chose which religion it is (mind you, it has to be a religion that already exists. No making up your own) then which religion would you rather it be?

I, for one, would love it if Egyptian mythology was true. I mean, the Greek thing is cool and all, but they never built anything as cool as the Pyramids. I want a religion that's gonna put peoples backs into it, and raise the earth to the heavens! I'm ready for some sacrifice and animal worshiping. Then on to the tombs! Go mummification!

So, what duth yawl think? What will it be?

Yeah, no poll, cause ******** if I know all the religions of the world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:29 pm
FMS! lmao

j/k

I love mythology, so it would funny if it was Norse, Greek, or Egyptian mythology.  

Jessica Malatori

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:08 pm
Norse Mythology. Nothing like mass warfare followed by an eternity of drunkenness and bloodshed.

Of course, as a female I'd be excluded. Freyja had her own Valhalla-esque eternal kingdom that was female-only and considerably less exciting. Not to mention that if you die a coward's death you have an eternity in the icy Niflheim to look forward to.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:29 pm
I'd worship Ra, the Egyptian god. Or Zeus. The dude ate his babies! He demands respect!  

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:26 pm
Greek, Egyptian, Norse. Mythology like that kicked a**.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:41 pm
Hmm, looks like there's a bit of favoritism. Makes me wonder if we'd still be Atheists if our contries were predominately Norse, Greek, or Egyptian. xd  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:57 pm
Dathu
Hmm, looks like there's a bit of favoritism. Makes me wonder if we'd still be Atheists if our contries were predominately Norse, Greek, or Egyptian. xd

Hmm... probably not.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:58 pm
Arios V
Dathu

Hmm... probably not.

Well of course if they were true, there'd be plenty of crazy hijinks and soap opera drama occurring on earth. There'd be enough proof to believe lmao. That's what Greek mythology in particular is like, one giant divine soap opera.  

Jessica Malatori

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:12 pm
Jessica Malatori
Arios V
Dathu

Hmm... probably not.

Well of course if they were true, there'd be plenty of crazy hijinks and soap opera drama occurring on earth. There'd be enough proof to believe lmao. That's what Greek mythology in particular is like, one giant divine soap opera.

Yeah, it would be like one big soap opera.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:27 pm
Arios V
Jessica Malatori
Arios V
Dathu

Hmm... probably not.

At least life wouldn't be boring... lol  

Jessica Malatori

Arios V

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:51 pm
Jessica Malatori
Arios V
Jessica Malatori
Arios V
Dathu

Hmm... probably not.

At least life wouldn't be boring... lol

Yeah, might be a lot of fun  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:54 pm
*looks around* looks like I'm the only one for Wicca ^.^  

Ruminating Skeptic

Fuzzy Kittens

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:35 pm
Good Charlotte Aficionado
*looks around* looks like I'm the only one for Wicca ^.^

Wicca has my vote as well. :3

Wiccan customs and rituals are so much fun! If I could bring myself to believe a word of it, I'd totally convert.

I participated (i.e., I just stood there) in a sort-of Wiccan "coming-of-age" ceremony for a young woman once. The girl had to meet with four women who represented different aspects of womanhood (fertility, sexuality,...and two others I don't remember). They each imposed a challenge for her as part of becoming a young woman, like the first woman she met with (I still don't remember what she was supposed to represent) gave her the challenge of becoming a tutor at the girl's school as a way of helping others.
The fertility woman's challenge was, of course, something motherly. So she gave the girl a kitten to take care of. Awwww. =D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:45 pm
Kabbalah.

Ritualistic, direct and mathematical. Even though I'm poor with numbers, I think it'd be rewarding to be part of a religion that quite literally empowers its practitioners. Your power grows the more you learn and do, so that power is limited only by your will and motivation.

That and the mysticism/magic of it is great. I'm still considering getting the Ten Sephira linked along my upper arm.

Mithraism is fun, too - it's the bloodier version of Zoroastrianism, both of which supplied much of what was plagiarised into the Jesus myth.  

Theophrastus

Redem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:11 pm
Pastfarianism!

=D

If we have to pick one to be real, why not make it the one that was simply made up to sound cool? pirate  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff