Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anything like this happen to you?
  Yep - scary!
  Nope, I'm lucky so far ^^.
View Results

Cross Eyed Mary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:56 pm
Just thought I'd share a little story with you xD.

I recently changed the ball on my conch for a spike. My ears are so tiny it's unbelievable, and my piercer has some trouble getting the spike on due to my ears tinyness and the smallness of the spike.

After being assured it was as tight as she could get it, and tightening it a bit myself, I went on my merry way.

That was two days ago, and today while try to remove a few little crusties - y'know the ones you get even though the piercing is more or less healed - when the spike popped off straight into my ear.

I had to sit there for a good 10-20 mins holding the back of the labret stud to my ear, as I couldn't get the spike back on for love nor money.

I enlisted my friend to help, but she couldn't get it on either. So, to save my ear I had to take out the labret stud and put it in backwards, with the flat back at the front as the spike on the back as this allowed room to scew the spike back on.

I have now changed the jewellery to a 10mm barbell.

I'm mainly posting this as a warning. if you have small ears don't try and wear small balls on a conch piercing! xD.

Needless to say I'm now extremely worried and shall be switching the barbell for a BCR at the weekend xD.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:34 am
I hate it when jewelry falls out and I can't get it back in! It's so frustrating and you just end up irritating the hell out of your poor piercing.  

popcornsharingbox

Aetherna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:12 pm
One bit of advice I read somewhere for tightening balls, spikes, and whatever else, you can try using rubber finger caps as they can help provide grip. ^_^

I think my ears are regular sized, but I'll certainly take heed of your advice if I ever get another ear piercing. ^^"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:41 am
I'll remeber about the ball grip thing.

But in my case it was down to no room to turn your fingers, not keeping grip (although that wasn't very good either).

smile

Cross Eyed Mary

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:14 am
When I can't get a ball on I turn to my lil sister, sometimes its just easier to have some one else do it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:51 pm
I hate having problems with jewellery. I had a scary time changing my triangle CBR out. gonk  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

astrosnik

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:55 am
Pliers, if you've gotta! (not ring opening, the regular kind) And rubber gloves are great; I keep a bag under the sink with my spare jewelry. In the end, I won't wear barbells in anything under 12g, it's just too impossible to get the balls on yourself.

And Dagon, I can totally beat that. I lost the ball off the end of a fourchette at work; I had to try and reinsert the barbell and screw on the ball. Imagine the contortion required there!

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games