Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Let's All Go to the Movies! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cirosan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:45 pm
Gaia Theaters have been released!

I tried to watch Night of the Living Dead.

It streamed pretty poorly, and for the love of all that is right and noble, everyone needs to shut the hell up. Every five seconds an obnoxious speech bubble saying: "WILL SOME1 SIT NEXT 2 ME????" pops up or some jackass with nothing better to do throws something at the screen.

I really like the idea, but idiots have, once again, ruined it. Make an option to turn off the sight of thrown things and disable speech bubbles, and it'll be a smashing success. Of course, that defeats the purpose of going to the theater, but, still... Until then, I'm never setting foot in the theater again.

Penny for your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:50 pm
I think it's a spiffy and creative idea, but with my lack of an efficient internet connection, it will only cause greater suffering to me lol.  

Jessica Malatori

Redem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:13 pm
It's a pretty cool idea. need some features, like being able to block other users speech, or being able to lock a room or something.

Still.... awesome idea. ^__^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:21 pm
It sucks so much. why have showtimes? this is stuff we can watch on youtube at the exact time that we want to see it! and why did they think that the throwing stuff feature would be a good idea?  

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:20 pm
I think its amusing. ^_^ I love the laser pointer.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:39 am
Fenky
It sucks so much. why have showtimes? this is stuff we can watch on youtube at the exact time that we want to see it! and why did they think that the throwing stuff feature would be a good idea?

Sure, you can watch a movie on youtube, but you can't throw pixelated popcorn at the screen and shout obscenities! Nor can you giggle with other people about how crap it is.  

Redem

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:41 pm
It was cute.

I laughed when it first launched, watching the game grinding almost to a stop - the pages, no matter what page, took minutes to load and the movie was constantly buffering once I got inside the theater. Man, what a mess.

Still, if I wanted to watch a movie, I'd do so in my house or out in the theater.

This is for the social aspect and to let you get away with the things you don't normally do in theaters. Like going all MST3K on it. XD

And you can (currently) disable popcorn and other mess, speech bubbles and other announcements. Still, fewer rooms, better servers and it'll be good.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:58 pm
It's a pretty cool idea. Although I do admit, the movies do stream rather poorly and it is rather annoying to see people being obnoxious and word balloons popping up every 5 seconds. Although, throwing popcorn and tomatoes at the screen is fun.

Remember, it's still in the early phases right now. Within a few months, the servers will be better, bigger variety of movies and there may not be as many obnoxious people there.  

Arios V

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:19 pm
Be like Bert the Turtle! Duck and Cover kids, it'll save you from a nuclear explosion! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:57 am
Go to the profile pages of the movies, and you can launch it in a window so can watch it as like a normal video.  

Muaethia

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:48 pm
Man, Night of the Living Dead was boring...they dragged scenes out to far...but, it was fun throwing tomatoes the whole time. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:07 pm
Gaia Theaters? What foul sorcery is this? I demand linkage.

Also, if people got serious about it, there could be some serious MST3K potential.  

ProjectOmicron88

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:22 pm
Dude, it's all over the front page. :}

The point of the theatres isn't to watch movies, it's to have a social experience. And maybe catch some films you wouldn't otherwise see - I'm really proud of their selections, so far.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:26 pm
I like the theater, but my computer lags in an ungodly manner whenever I try to watch a movie.  

Dissnitive Blade

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:24 pm
It's not working for me. It says it can't connect to the server.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff