Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Fashion Advice
this is the info i found on how to be and dress emo

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonMaster_DJP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:41 am
1. Understand what emo is. Like any style, fashion or culture, the exact definition is up for debate and often varies according to personal expression. The term emo is loosely associated with emotional rock, however it originally meant emotive hardcore - modern 'emo' music is more of a branch off from what it started out as. Most emos like underground or indie music.

2. Support the music. Emo is a rock music genre, usually consisting of emotional lyrics and optional "screamo." Over the years, this music genre was usually seen as underground until recent times, making emo music more popular than ever. This music sometimes consists of lyrics seen by many as "whiny," and "sensitive." Listen to a lot of emo bands, and maybe even consider picking up an instrument, such as a bass or guitar. Also try the violin, if you invest enough time into it emo songs on the violin ae incredibly emo-sounding.

3. Test yourself. Try listening to emo music. If you end up liking this type of music, and come out sobbing after you’re done with the album, you’re probably a "true" emo. Getting inner emo is all a matter of finding out of you have it or not.

4. Dress the part. After you have discovered your inner emo, try shopping for a new wardrobe. Emo fashion has roots in both punk and goth. Wear tight jeans, tight shirts with emo band logos on them, studded belts, and an old, black and worn down pair of sneakers. Thick, black-rimmed glasses are not uncommon for emo guys. Also, stripes and checkers are big in the emo culture.

5. Change your hair. Dye it black or brown with perhaps some blond or unnatural color streaks, especially in the bangs. If you are a girl, you may possibly want to cut your hair to a very short bob-like hairstyle but keep your bangs long, swept drastically to one side and covering your eye. Or, for those who like Long hair, get many choppy layers and highlights. For a guy, you may want to spike up the back side, and pat down on the front side. You could also get your bangs/fringe dyed a lighter color than the rest of your hair.

6. Get the attitude. A lot of times, emo is associated with being bitter, depressed, insecure and resentful. But at its core, you can be emo because you're sensitive, introspective, thoughtful, and quiet.

TIPS
Wearing eyeliner is not unheard of, whether you're male or female. Oftentimes, liquid eyeliner is used on the top and bottom.

Band pins and badges are always a good idea.

Emos are usually very emotional and opinionated. Make sure you have your own opinions and don't "copy" others. If you do not do this, some may accuse you of posing.

WARNING
Do not tell people that you're emo or that you are trying to be emo or else they will call you a poser.

You may be subjected to negative criticisms by your non-emo friends and possibly the majority of society. Just ignore them or, try to explain to them that just because you dress different, it doesn't make you less of a human being.

Do not slit your wrists. People who do do this are most likely suffering from depression, and the habit should not be taken lightly. Whoever came up with the idea that all emos slit their wrists is a very close-minded person. Emos are emotional and are not afraid to share their pain and experiences. A lot of emos also may be uncomfortable with talking and thus resort to cutting to show their pain--this is NOT a trend, and depression is NOT an accessory.

Avoid scenes that promote pain or self-injury in general.

Things needed

Eyeliner
Converse shoes
Studded belt
Like-minded friends
Tight t-shirts
Band t-shirts
A liking for emo bands
Tight jeans

heres the site if you think imade this all up

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Emo

and a site that also show something
and shirt that can be bought online
http://www.dobi.nu/emo/

OTHER STUFF DOWN BELOW GOTTEN DELETED BEECAUSE IS WAS THEMOST GAYEST INFO EVER  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:57 pm
that stuff is for posers. anyone who tries to be emo isn't really emo.  

JobeDroid

Art Payment

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:09 pm
Wtf, I've never cryed after listening to Gray Matter or Hot Cross.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:17 am
Moonlight Agony
Wtf, I've never cryed after listening to Gray Matter or Hot Cross.

ya i know some of this s**t is retarded  

DragonMaster_DJP

BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:04 pm
No offense,but I find it SAD when someone is trying to fit into some stereotype but I don't mean dressing like it but ACTING like it.Its stupid....it makes you fake.

I luv emo/scene fashion but just becuz I dress like it doesn't mean I'm gonna go act like some fake-emotional retard crying my eyes out would I?

=]

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:33 pm
User Image
:0 I am on the list of requirements :]  

Tokyo Pocky

Ionic_Warrior

Quotable Flatterer

5,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:28 pm
Wow, you'd have to be very desperate to follow those "guidelines". Can't you just comeup with your own look?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:28 pm
This is the info i found on how ******** retarded you are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down's_syndrome

-Isel-

Alxied

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:33 pm
Ionic_Warrior
Wow, you'd have to be very desperate to follow those "guidelines". Can't you just comeup with your own look?

I Agree with you. Is it so hard to come up with your own look? Like sheesh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:24 am
Dude, you can talk and act like something completely different and still be emo....  

RedChris93

Vitalli

Dangerous Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:06 pm
-Isel-
This is the info i found on how ******** retarded you are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down's_syndrome
LMFAO!

the DS kid w/ a drill makes me ROFL.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:42 am
I am a rebel!
I wear tight girl bluejeans (which is NORMAL FOR A GIRL!), form-fitting tops or t-shirts with the necks cut and sleeves chopped off, socks and tennis shoes, NO MAKEUP, and long brown hair that I always leave down! Oh, yeah, and sometimes my boyfriend's hooded sweatshirt he got from the beach.

I'm soooooo rad.

GOD PEOPLE! WAKE UP!  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Lovely Samsoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:05 pm
Guys, don't be harsh on this guy! He's just giving advice on how to be eMo, and y'all are being mean, so quit cuz it ain't funny!  
Fashion Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games