Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Hollywood Blasphemy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yes?
  No.
View Results

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:44 am
http://www.hollywoodblasphemy.com
Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron are at it again. Now they're accusing Hollywood of being anti-God on the sole grounds that certain movies contain "blasphemy."

I chuckled a bit when he started telling his interviewees what should offend them and what shouldn't. Just another example of how Christianity tries to get you accused of thought plagiarism.

I have a few opinions on this myself, but I'd like to see some responses, so I don't want to say everything.

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:09 pm
What do you bet that list of directors and films happens to be the same where he wasn't hired? A Hollywood spite parade.

Bring the bananas!  

Theophrastus

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:43 pm
People use "jesus christ" as blasphemy but not Buddha or whatever because christianity decided to kill off other religions by burning books and killing off voices ever since Constantine roamed the Earth. Therefore christianity is the most widely known religion and thus its terminology has been used as blasphemy.

Having god's name used as blasphemy is the price the christians paid to be widely-known.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:11 am
Wow. That was a very good statement. Bravo.  

Theophrastus

Arios V

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:49 pm
Theophrastus
Wow. That was a very good statement. Bravo.

Agreed.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:43 am
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
People use "jesus christ" as blasphemy but not Buddha or whatever because christianity decided to kill off other religions by burning books and killing off voices ever since Constantine roamed the Earth. Therefore christianity is the most widely known religion and thus its terminology has been used as blasphemy.

Having god's name used as blasphemy is the price the christians paid to be widely-known.

*bows* Well said.  

Death God Hitsugaya

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces