Welcome new AAA members! (Read this First) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JackalAndromeda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:03 am
Hello AAA members! heart

This is the FAQ and forum guide. This post is to condense some of the older stickies that were taking up space and also to answer some questions that you may have before you post for the first time.

Rules

There are not very many rules, but we ask that you follow them. They all exist to make this a fun place to learn about art!

1. Be polite! Most rules here can be summed up in those two words. Even if a picture is not perfect, a lot of work was put into it and the artist deserves respect. So DO NOT FLAME OR TROLL! This will not be tolerated.

2. Use proper English. Not everyone has perfect spelling and grammar, but we expect you to try your best. The reason for this is very simple; this is a guild to teach and learn, and if you do not express yourself clearly people will not be able to understand when you try to help them. Use punctuation and capitalization. This subject is gone into in more detail here; http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20839

3. Art posted here MUST BE YOUR OWN. If you think anyone is breaking this rule please contact me through PM and we will resolve the matter peacefully in private. Posting other people's work will result in a ban.

Also, do not post pictures that are traces or copies of other pictures. It is not tolerated in the art arena, and it will not be tolerated here either. This is a place to improve your art, not just mimic other people's!

4. Do not bump posts! There is no need for bumping, and it will not be tolerated.

5. No spamming! This means no answering posts with like three words, or emoticons. People posting here are looking for help and meaningful feedback. Tell them what you like about the picture. If you see something that looks wrong or off, be specific about it and offer suggestions on how it can be improved.

6. Do not advertise your shop, guild, or art auction here.

Some general guidelines

If you have a question, see if it is answered in the FAQ before posting it please.

If you are a new member and you want to introduce yourself, we prefer you used the Introduction thread. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1142 If you are posting art along with your introduction, you may put it in it's own thread. Posts that do not contain or discuss art are discouraged.

If you post artwork to be critiqued, be sure to also look at other people's art and leave comments. This is very much a 'give and take' community, and we want everyone to take an active role.

If you have a lot of art to post at one time, or you post art very often, it may be best to keep it all in one thread.

FAQ

Q: Do we have a mascot?
A: Yes, the mascot contest has finished, and the results can be seen here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=97946 Our mascot's name is Siesta and she was designed by SnowPuma. We hope to feature her more in upcoming contests and events!

Q: How do I post my pictures here?
A: To post your images for people here to look at, you have to have an image host or gallery of some sort. DeviantArt is a free gallery, but it does not allow direct linking of images. Image hosts that allow direct linking include Image Shack and Photo Bucket.

Q: How do I post pictures to the art arena?
A: Again, you most have an image host. DeviantArt cannot be used for this as it forbids direct linking. Image Shack and Photo Bucket are image hosts that can be used for this.

Q: What programs can I use to colour my pictures?
A: There are many different programs that you can use to make or colour art on the computer. Some of the most popular ones are Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, the Gimp, and Open Canvas. Most of these programs cost money, some have demos avalible. You ARE NOT allowed to ask about free or pirated versions of these programs. If you need an art program and cannot afford/do not want to pay for one, the Gimp is a free program and can be downloaded here; http://www.gimp.org/

Q: Can I use this guild to sell avatar art?
A: NO.
That's the long and short of it. If you want to sell art, there are other forums on this site to do that. This is for the discussion of art.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:06 am
This thread is being left open for the time being so people can make suggestions and comments. If you have any questions, feel free to post them as well. I'm hoping that we can cut down on all the stickies and also make the rules as clear as possible.  

JackalAndromeda

Chidoryi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:59 pm
..:: I need help with prices for art for my shop, am i able to post the pics and ask for prices? ::..  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:40 pm
hi im gaby and im plannin to display some anime art here and sell some how do i do that?  

PGZC

4,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

JackalAndromeda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:09 am
Quote:
..:: I need help with prices for art for my shop, am i able to post the pics and ask for prices? ::..

As long as you are also looking for feedback on the art itself, it should be okay to ask opinions on how to price your art. If you don't get any response in regards to pricing, there is a subforum in the Gaia art forum for pricing.

Quote:
hi im gaby and im plannin to display some anime art here and sell some how do i do that?

If you read the post it tells you how to host pictures and display them. However, please don't sell art here.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:55 pm
Hey, I just wanna say this place is great! whee  

Satochan

Jessi Kaiba

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:17 pm
Is it ok to bump if your picture has gotten no coments or feedback? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:25 pm
Is there a policy on eyeballing/copying pictures?

I know they're not allowed in the Picture Post or Art Arena.  

Tawney

Sheka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:08 pm
It says you cannot post images that are "traces or copies of other pictures".
Does this mean fanart is discouraged?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:52 pm
Sheka
It says you cannot post images that are "traces or copies of other pictures".
Does this mean fanart is discouraged?

Only if it's traced or copied. If you drew it by yourself, that's fine.  

JackalAndromeda

mysticsandwich

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:01 am
hi i'm such a newbie and was wondering how to post art...i saw the portion on hosts and i gpt a pretty good handle on it but i'm confused on how to link it to my profile or something...  
The Anime Art Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff