Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Not Interested

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A r y k o n a

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:52 pm

Okay- sure, I find boys adorable, but frankly I don't care for them at this point in my life. I'm a serious student and they tend to be large distractions. =/

Unfortunately, I have this awesome "guyfriend" who I've known for a long time. Recently he's been really nice, walking me to my locker + stuff like that, all my friends said he liked me. Xp
I didn't care. THEN I found a note. =//
Turns out- he really does like me. One of my friends thought it would be fun to play match maker- icon_rolleyes.gif .
Within days I was showered with gifts.

I felt absolutely awful- he was one of my best friends, and I couldn't break his heart. So when he finally asked me out I said yes.

Everything is awkward now.
And I'm really confused.

I guess the problem is- I just like him as a friend, I think.
But I'm not really sure.

To make it worse> HE told me that he "loves" me.
WTH?

Unsure+Rushing=Disaster

I told him we should take it slow- he said he agreed. BUT- nothing really changed.

I just don't know what to do. I do know, however, that if we break up our friendship will never be the same.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:47 am

Well you need to be honest with him, but do it subtly.

Simply say something along the lines of
"Look, I really do like you, but I have a lot on my plate now and things are just going to get in the way. For now it'll be easier if we are just friends."
At this point make sure you emphasize the 'FOR NOW' so that way he knows or thinks its only temporary. If gets upset, explain you care for him, but can't deal with distractions from your school work and you know thats what will happen if you date him at this time.

The trick is to give the illusion that its all temporary, he might get a little upset, but he'll understand and the fact he believes its temporary means he won't be awkard about anything after a few days and should understand if he is a true friend.

However, this to me... kind of sounds like, well... the nice guy deal, he gets to know you, before asking you out instead of going for it to begin with... which is a tricky thing to do.

Rellik San
Captain

Hikaru Akumu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:06 pm

Agreed with Relik-San. Buut, be honest with the guy. If nessecary perform some WHITE lies. If he starts getting all iffy and nyah on you, then realize that he isn't really focused on being friends anymore.

I have been in the same situation as you. xD So no problems girlie.

If it really starts buggering you, Tell him that it's time to stop. You two aren't really going anywhere. And so forth.

._. That's what I did and we still were friends. ;DD
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:51 pm

Hikaru Akumu
Agreed with Relik-San. Buut, be honest with the guy. If nessecary perform some WHITE lies. If he starts getting all iffy and nyah on you, then realize that he isn't really focused on being friends anymore.

I have been in the same situation as you. xD So no problems girlie.

If it really starts buggering you, Tell him that it's time to stop. You two aren't really going anywhere. And so forth.

._. That's what I did and we still were friends. ;DD

And I've been in the position from the guys point of view, I shrugged it off. It wasn't a huge deal, she was honest about what she wanted a week after we started going out, so it was all good.

Rellik San
Captain

Vannar

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:45 pm

just tell him how you feel, he'll get over it sooner or later.
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:10 am

Tough situation indeed.

Mortal Apparition

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas