Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
homosexuality Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God of lunchboxes

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:13 pm
Okay, I've heard way too many people being annoying about this. I've heard one skid mark stated:
"Homosexuality is immoral and should not be allowed in our military."
So training people to kill other people is just fine right?
There are many more and I'd like to hear them to tear them apart.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:35 pm
Homosexuality is only shunned because of cultural enforcement. This is one society that doesn't like it. Many modern Asian cultures are comfortable with it, as were the Greeks and the Romans whose system of government the US found good enough to use, but as with all cultures steeped in the guilt and hate of religion, cherry picking occurred.

I'm comfortable saying that sexual attraction, at least for me, comes naturally and isn't something I wast time, mental energy and cause heartache over. Follow your gut and let friendship become a relationship, and hopefully from that love.

And if you're looking for sex without emotion, which I have nothing against, then you haven't any right to claim the moral high ground in the first place! biggrin

So yay for gays and blah to homophobes. And such other clever quips.  

Theophrastus

Rabid Robot

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:15 pm
There is simply nothing wrong with being homosexual.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:02 pm
User Image

DekoratedEmergencee

I second that.

User Image

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

[fi]ona

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:55 pm
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

DekoratedEmergencee

I second that.

User Image

I third that!  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:26 pm
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

DekoratedEmergencee

I second that.

User Image

I third that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality. Remember, marriage is all about love and commitment NOT race, creed, disability, social status, gender, etc.  

Arios V

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:29 pm
Arios V
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

DekoratedEmergencee

I second that.

User Image

I third that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality. Remember, marriage is all about love and commitment NOT race, creed, disability, social status, gender, etc.

I...fourth that I guess. I never really understood why Homosexuality is considered a such a great sin, they are not doing anything evil or cruel to anybody, so why not let them be?  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:37 pm
murasame blade
Arios V
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

DekoratedEmergencee

I second that.

User Image

I third that.

I...fourth that I guess. I never really understood why Homosexuality is considered a such a great sin, they are not doing anything evil or cruel to anybody, so why not let them be?

I never got that either. If they're not doing anything evil or hurting others, why is it they throw such a big fit about it? I mean to them, war is fine, they can condone all that fighting and bloodshed, and yet they can't tolerate the thought of people with the same genders getting married. I never got that.  

Arios V

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:40 pm
Arios V
murasame blade
Arios V
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

DekoratedEmergencee

I second that.

User Image

I third that.

I never got that either. If they're not doing anything evil or hurting others, why is it they throw such a big fit about it? I mean to them, war is fine, they can condone all that fighting and bloodshed, and yet they can't tolerate the thought of people with the same genders getting married. I never got that.

I heard this quote somewhere "Americans are more comfortable watching two men shoot each other then hold hands with one another"  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:44 pm
I fail to understand why people are as they are towards homosexuals. Love is love...and they are not hurting anyone. It isn't as though marriage is sacred or ever was sacred.

What is the big deal? Brittany Spears can get married for a day, and then turn around and claim it was a joke...but two people of the same sex can't marry? What gives?

Sanguvixen

Arios V

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:54 pm
murasame blade
Arios V
murasame blade
Arios V
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

DekoratedEmergencee

I second that.

User Image

I third that.

I heard this quote somewhere "Americans are more comfortable watching two men shoot each other then hold hands with one another"

I heard that quote too, can't remember where it's from though  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:35 pm
Election Day 2006. My state decides to pass an official ban on gay marriage. So I'm also expecting the anti-sterile-marriage bill soon. Or - who knows - maybe even an anti-divorce proposition. Unlike homosexuals, divorce has a Marriage Destruction Ratio (MDR) of approximately 99.9%. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think even the state of California could compete with that.

The whole idea of "civil unions" bothers me as well. Same benefits as marriage, only not quite a marriage? It's like a graduation ceremony where you walk across the stage to be recognized, only to walk away without a diploma. Why? Because your eyes were blue, and they were looking for green.  

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

The Candy Store Massacre

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:47 pm
MEh, I don't care either way, I'm happy being straight, and if that makes them happy so be it, but I'm not gonna rally for it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:32 pm
Semper Fiasco
Election Day 2006. My state decides to pass an official ban on gay marriage. So I'm also expecting the anti-sterile-marriage bill soon. Or - who knows - maybe even an anti-divorce proposition. Unlike homosexuals, divorce has a Marriage Destruction Ratio (MDR) of approximately 99.9%. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think even the state of California could compete with that.

The whole idea of "civil unions" bothers me as well. Same benefits as marriage, only not quite a marriage? It's like a graduation ceremony where you walk across the stage to be recognized, only to walk away without a diploma. Why? Because your eyes were blue, and they were looking for green.

That why I never got the "Marriage is Sacred" argument against homosexuals,
if marriage is so sacred, why do we allow divorce?  

Dissnitive Blade

Arios V

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:33 pm
Semper Fiasco

You live in Virginia don't you? I know Virginia did that.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff